System wide freeze when frodo left idle
Hi team running RC2 here. In RC1 got a lot of system hangs, as it only began with frodo am assuming its related.

IN essence if you leave it idle on what ever screen when you come back to it its crashed, and by that I mean the entire mac only way is to hold in button and restart.

If you use constantly with no idles then its fine, I estimate its around 20-30 minutes of idle before it dies.

http://pastebin.com/n5g4fPWR
Upgrade to latest nightly and see if that works
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Will try its going totally mental now, harmony remote results it multiple presses until it crashes.

OK that was just my harmony, nearly flat Smile

Will give the nightly a go see how it gets on.
nope its killing it half way though a film now. PLays then at what ever point the film freezes, I cannot access the mac via screenshare or anything. XBMC eventually goes back to the main screen but is hung, cannot do a thing.

32 bit or 64bit version of xbmc? (whatever try the other version in any case).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
What's the hardware platform and OSX version?
xbmc.log and stop guessing.
I put a log in. Here is another.

http://pastebin.com/7vJjtE0T

Happy to accept its not xbmc but the problem only started with frodo. I wonder for instance if it could be to do with the MYQL database running on the same machine?

Its a 2009 mac mini core 2 duo with 10.8.2 and a 120gig petrol ssd (also happy to accept this dricve might be a POS)

Um. Apologies may be in order, as I was looking for logs via screen share without XBMC running the mac has froze again. Perhaps its had enough.

You are using the 64bit version of xbmc - please try the 32bit version and report back (there are still issues hiding somwhere in the 64bit version - so maybe this one is one of them)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
OK I'll do that but as I edited there the system went down without XBMC running so unless its something to do with the helper I think its my computer.

For now I am turning of the MYSQL database server and running without advanced data settings see how that goes a minute. Just trying to narrow down whats causing this.

But at the minute perhaps not xbmc.
Totally unrelated, but just an FYI, you no longer need to use pathsubs with MySQL. XBMC can now keep artwork in sync between systems while using local caches to each device, which should make for a nice speed improvement. See the update page on MySQL (wiki).
Thanks Ned, I asked about that in another thread I think as I noticed that had occured. Very nice.

All in all frodo is shaping up very nicely. I have turned off MYSQL and removed advanced.xml and its all running smoothly at the minute, running idle for over an hour without a hitch
Hi garyi - Are you still having this issue? I was having the same system wide freeze / unresponsiveness and was trying to figure out what was causing it. Same symptoms as you - crash seems to occur when xbmc is in the background and left idle. For me, happens around 1 to 2 hours. I was doubtful it was xbmc until I came across this post. Have been pulling my hair out trying to track the cause of the problem Smile. Did it end up being an issue with your system setup?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
System wide freeze when frodo left idle0