[REQUEST] Addon that can import playlists and song ratings from other media players?
Lightbulb 
I believe this could be a lovely add-on and could make the decision to/process of switching to XBMC far easier for newcomers. I should preempt this however by stating that I am by no means a coder so the real work unfortunately could not come from me. I'll happily provide brainstorming, moral support, testing, even some xml skinning if necessary, but won't be much help as far as python goes. So, as stated in the title,this is an IDEA and hopefully somebody likes it and runs with it.

With that out of the way...

The basic idea is for a simple interface that would allow you to select what music program you use, and the add-on could give you the option to import song ratings and playlists into xbmc. The song ratings part is key, as there is currently no automated way available, 3rd party or otherwise, to transfer song ratings into a format readable by xbmc (or at least I have failed to discover any). You must go through song by song and add them back in XBMC.

Optimally, the add-on could support a few major music players. iTunes, windows media player, rythmbox, amarok, and possibly winamp would probably take care of at least 95% of those thinking of migrating to XBMC, with all platforms (windows, mac, and linux) covered. However, it could, and likely should start simple. Maybe support for just one or two media players, and if it's a success it could expand.

So, is it just me, or does anybody else see this as a useful feature? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Addon that can import playlists and song ratings from other media players?0