Accessing MySQL Database (audio) from python?
A few users have been unable to use my script(cdart.manager) due to the fact they have their databases set up using MySQL(instead of the default SQLite). I am looking for some possible answers to this problem.

Aside from including the following two ways(I know of), is there a way to access a MySQL DB from python?

Method 1: Include the module MySQLdb with the script through the official repo(and change the the script accordingly)

- OR -

Method 2: Use HTTPApi calls - which have been depreciated and will probably be replaced once JSON is fully implemented(and JSON does not have the required calls to do full database searches)

Help is always appreciated...

Thanks...
Hi giftie,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I've been interested in connecting to a separate mysql database in order to build a custom search function based on this separate database. I'm working on Windows, the python script for mySql works fine when accessing the mysql on the server, but I can't get XBMC to access it.
I managed to find almost enough JSON RPC calls to do what I need.. There is one sitting in the trunk source code that will not be included in Dharma that would have been nice to have(had to use HTTPAPI for it)

I think you're trying to do something a little different. There is a way of setting up XBMC to use MySQL, I personally do not know how but there are a few out there(hence the reason for my changes in my script)
Thanks for the reply Wink

Fortunately I've managed to get it set up now, I had overlooked the placement of the mysql module before. My problems are now turned to figuring out a keyboard input method besides the standard xbmc keyboard "^^.

Thanks again for the response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing MySQL Database (audio) from python?0