XBMC 9.11 for windows crash
Hi, i've been using the beta Dharma 3 on my PC using Windows 7 64-bit, all works 100%. I installed XBMC Dharma 3 about a week ago on my laptop using Windows 7 32-bit ultimate and all worked no problems. I had to format and start the laptop with a fresh installation. After a clean install, I tried installing XBMC on my Fujitsu Siemens laptop again (Windows 7 Prof 32-bit this time not Ultimate) using the latest downloadable xbmc file. (9.11) It successfully installs it the & Direct X and upon start up it crashes (quick blue/black screen flash) and it restarts with the usual win7 error report.

I have tried to look up the log file under AppData, Roaming, Xbmc but can find nothing as it hasn't ever loaded up.

I have also tried the beta Dharma 3 version that works on my PC, I get the same crash. I am running it in different RES's all 32-bit and nothing changes.

It's a fairly 'old' laptop (Fujitsu Siemens) that has a ATI Radeon X300 card, 2Gb Ram and a 1.86GhZ Centrino chip. I don't think its the spec, I am really baffled and can't seem to troubleshoot the problem. It is possibly graphic drivers? I'm trying all sorts of things and have looked up in the forum and can't find a solution to this. :confused2:

Please steer me in the right direction.

Thanks
marcelive Wrote:Hi, i've been using the beta Dharma 3 on my PC using Windows 7 64-bit, all works 100%. I installed XBMC Dharma 3 about a week ago on my laptop using Windows 7 32-bit ultimate and all worked no problems. I had to format and start the laptop with a fresh installation. After a clean install, I tried installing XBMC on my Fujitsu Siemens laptop again (Windows 7 Prof 32-bit this time not Ultimate) using the latest downloadable xbmc file. (9.11) It successfully installs it the & Direct X and upon start up it crashes (quick blue/black screen flash) and it restarts with the usual win7 error report.

I have tried to look up the log file under AppData, Roaming, Xbmc but can find nothing as it hasn't ever loaded up.

I have also tried the beta Dharma 3 version that works on my PC, I get the same crash. I am running it in different RES's all 32-bit and nothing changes.

It's a fairly 'old' laptop (Fujitsu Siemens) that has a ATI Radeon X300 card, 2Gb Ram and a 1.86GhZ Centrino chip. I don't think its the spec, I am really baffled and can't seem to troubleshoot the problem. It is possibly graphic drivers? I'm trying all sorts of things and have looked up in the forum and can't find a solution to this. :confused2:

Please steer me in the right direction.

Thanks

Did you update your laptop with the latest ATI drivers/software?
Quote:Note: AMD’s DirectX 9 ATI Radeon graphics accelerators are not officially supported under Windows 7. If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7. Please be aware that none of the new Windows 7 graphics driver (WDDM 1.1) features are supported (as the Windows Vista level graphics driver is limited to WDDM 1.0 level support). Using the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista driver under Windows 7 is not officially supported by AMD, and as such AMD will not provide any form of customer support for users running in this configuration
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...sta32.aspx I'd recommend downloading the Full Software Suite then see how it goes.

cheers,
EG.
Big Grin 
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...sta32.aspx I'd recommend downloading the Full Software Suite then see how it goes.

cheers,
EG.[/quote]

Hi there, thx for the reply - I did that yes but somehow was still not fully compatible with my graphics card. I eventually found one this morning before reading this - 2008 ATI Radeon X300 driver that works 100% with XBMC. XBMC doesn't seem to like the particular 2005 original driver for my card. I guess this is the problems you get for having old stuff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 9.11 for windows crash0