Displays incorrect info for TV shows
In 3D Landscape view, after I play a TV show, some info appears that wasnt there before (720, H.264, Dolby Digital, 5.1, and the aspect ratio).Most of the time the aspect ratio displayed is correct, but sometimes it is not. I'm getting an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 or 4:3 for a TV show where all episodes are 16:9 MKV files. Anyone know how this can be fixed? Thanks.
Nothing to do with the skin..

Xbmc pulls this data from your files sometimes it's wrong and sometimes files are corrupt.
Unless this makes something catch fire and explode you can pretty much just ignore it. :p
can it be that sometimes tvshow rips is 4:3 in the beginning and go 16:9 when the show begins? seen that behavior on some shows.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
zwat Wrote:can it be that sometimes tvshow rips is 4:3 in the beginning and go 16:9 when the show begins? seen that behavior on some shows.

No, these are blu ray rips so the AR is constant.
AR is an overall thing, it doesn't change throughout a video in reality even if there are black bars present the aspect is still the same.
I don't know a single container format that allows a continuous stream to change ratios so this is unlikely.
Someone mentioned this has nothing to do with the skin. Even still, anyone know how I can get these files to be properly flagged?
There was a post, Ronie commented and a Dev responded with a good detailed answer on how scanning flags(video details) works. It wasn't too long ago but I searched 5 pages of ronie's posts but couldn't find it.

One thing I remember from the post was flags(video details) can change after playback for some sources. If anyone would want to find it search Ronies post history can't be more than a month old...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
If you have windows, install MediaInfo and then post the text view of one of the files.
gabbott Wrote:If you have windows, install MediaInfo and then post the text view of one of the files.

I got it working right. I refreshed episode info for whatever eps were showing up incorrectly. I then played them for a second or two and then the correct info showed up.

Heres the info from Mediainfo anyway.

Video
ID : 2
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 11 frames
Muxing mode : Container [email protected]
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 54mn 2s
Bit rate : 3 341 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.151
Stream size : 1.23 GiB (86%)
Writing library : x264 core 54 svn-648
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:1:-2 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=3341 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30
Language : English

and one more...

Video
ID : 2
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 11 frames
Muxing mode : Container [email protected]
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 53mn 59s
Bit rate : 3 344 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.151
Stream size : 1.23 GiB (86%)
Writing library : x264 core 54 svn-648
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:1:-2 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=3344 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30
Language : English
Hmmm, ok, glad you got it sorted... was looking to see if your files had any custom Display aspect ratio set in the file itself, which it doesnt appear to be, just 16x9.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Displays incorrect info for TV shows0