[ATV] Problems fast-forwarding H.264 movies.
Hey guys. I'm having a serious fast-forwarding issue with my ATV and H.264 movies. Basically, it sucks bigtime. It forwards about 5 or 6 seconds and it lags terribly, 2x fast-forward seems ok, but 4x and higher makes the whole thing unusable, it's so frustrating.

The files play without any problems, it's just the FF that has this issue. XviD movies are not affected, only H.264.

The files are on spec for the ATV (made with Handbrake).

Using Dharma B4.

Update: So it seems is not ALL H.264 videos that have this problem, only the ones I transcode with Handbrake. Movies encoded with AVC ff just fine, but the ones encoded with V_MPEG/ISO/AVC do not. It's really strange. I really don't know what the problem is, maybe that they are in an MKV container?
FF games are difficult to do under the existing infrastructure. Crystalhd uses a pipelined decode process and the pipe has to fill before one gets any picts back. As the decoder class has no info that someone is trying to 2x+ fastforward, handling this gets cranky and I can't use any of the crystalhd "trick" modes. The solution right now is stop doing FF/RW games and watch the movie.
Thanks. I don't usually FF, but other family members that fall asleep during a movie and want to pick up were they left from do. I tried to showed the how to use the bookmarks feature but they don't get it. Oh well...

I noticed this only happens with MKV files. It's pretty much the same behaviour I get under OSX when using QuickLook to preview those same MKVs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] Problems fast-forwarding H.264 movies.0