Quit XBMC from any screen
Right now, I have a button on my Logitech Harmony remote mapped to a keystroke sequence: del, del, del, end. It works probably 4 out of 5 times, but I know it can be better.

I would like the ability to exit XBMC from any screen so I don't have to use a sequence to get to the homescreen, then quit.

Any ideas?
Hi,

you can use ESC to go to the home screen from any screen. When in home screen use the END key to quit XBMC
Well, I want to map something to the Harmony remote so that it will work every time. I know I have to keep the remote pointed at the receiver so that all commands are received and XBMC actually quits.

My first post was a mistake, the remote is mapped to sequence: esc, esc, pause, end.
Can you map multiple keys? If so, how about mapping it to Alt + F4 (assuming you're on Windows) or Cmd + Q (on a Mac)?
'S' brings up a shutdown prompt. Can't see why this wouldn't be used.

See the Wiki for further details.

Edit: I'm feeling generous.

Keyboard_and_Mouse Mappings
snowdrift Wrote:Can you map multiple keys? If so, how about mapping it to Alt + F4 (assuming you're on Windows) or Cmd + Q (on a Mac)?
Nope, only a sequence up to 5 commands
Caffo Wrote:'S' brings up a shutdown prompt. Can't see why this wouldn't be used.

See the Wiki for further details.

Edit: I'm feeling generous.

Keyboard_and_Mouse Mappings

Thanks, that is better. I will try it for a while to see how it does
Select whatever keypress you want to use on the Harmony to close XBMC, then create a userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml containg:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <r mod="ctrl">XBMC.Shutdown()</r>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

This example maps the shutdown to ctrl-R but you can replace this with whatever keystroke is convenient.

JR
what device is your harmony emulating? have you tried the power button?
ummm... I use the "power toggle" button on my harmony and my box goes into and S3 sleep like I designed it to, if not setup for sleep it would just power off, but in S3 I just press the "power toggle" again and my HTPC wakes from its sleep-full slumber

non of this stringing del del del esc esc together bullshit.

-=Jason=-
jamesdew Wrote:what device is your harmony emulating? have you tried the power button?

It is emulating a keyboard. The power button sends the sleep command to my computer and a power toggle to my audio receiver and TV.

I had problems when waking while XBMC was running, but that was in the Camelot builds
hi there. i have a zotac hd-id11 using a harmony one remote emulating the mce usb hama remote and would like to shutdown and wake up my box but have no clue how to do it. i read a lot about lirc stuff and keymap.xml and so and but i dont get it. can someone plz tell me in short words what to do? my remote works fine out of the box with the latest xbmc freak live edition. i'm missing a context menu button the shut down to suspend and the wake on suspend function. there are a lot of remote configs on my box but i dont know which one to edit for changes. there is no mce usb hama config, but my remote works. can someone please help me or give me some hints. thx a lot
thereddog Wrote:Right now, I have a button on my Logitech Harmony remote mapped to a keystroke sequence: del, del, del, end. It works probably 4 out of 5 times, but I know it can be better.

I would like the ability to exit XBMC from any screen so I don't have to use a sequence to get to the homescreen, then quit.

Any ideas?

LOL good god man, how about using using the power button on the remote?
You took the time to map the remote why not do it correctly?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quit XBMC from any screen0