[REQUEST] Addon Synchronizer - Script that keep your addons synced on all your HTPC's
Lightbulb 
Siphon

I know this is a little side tracked, but thought it would be a nice idea to have
something like this Add-ons sync for XBMC.
Kodi - Windows 7_x64 14.2 Helix
OpenELEC - Generic x86_64 v5.0.8
OpenELEC - Raspberry Pi2 v5.0.8
Ember media manger 1.3.0.20 (thx DanCooper)
Media Companion v3.620b (thx Vbat99)
Rashad TVRenamer 0.7 Beta 2/EPnamer v1.45
Calibre-ebook

what the need, you can tell each xbmc to update automatically.
I like the idea since I'm always uninstalling XBMC and reinstalling to test out certain stuff. And I have 5 media centers in my house. I always have to remember what add-ons I'm supposed to install.

I think something like this will be easier once we are able to have a centrally stored sql database, you would probably be able to tell your xbmc nodes to look to your home server where the database is stored to see what add-ons it should be installing and syncing. Not sure if any of the db devs are looking at add-on support right now though?
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
ghostelement Wrote:I like the idea since I'm always uninstalling XBMC and reinstalling to test out certain stuff. And I have 5 media centers in my house. I always have to remember what add-ons I'm supposed to install

That`s exactly it. And also whenever I install it for friends etc. i have to download all them add-ons 1by1 trying to remember them all. I would be nice to just sync and say install all selected.
Kodi - Windows 7_x64 14.2 Helix
OpenELEC - Generic x86_64 v5.0.8
OpenELEC - Raspberry Pi2 v5.0.8
Ember media manger 1.3.0.20 (thx DanCooper)
Media Companion v3.620b (thx Vbat99)
Rashad TVRenamer 0.7 Beta 2/EPnamer v1.45
Calibre-ebook

Does anyone know how google chrome accomplishes plugin syncing? Maybe we could follow a similar approach.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Yo dawg I heard you like addons! So I got you and addon for your addons!

(obligatory)
hikaricore Wrote:Yo dawg I heard you like addons! So I got you and addon for your addons!

(obligatory)

Very true though... maybe this could be something that would be better to have built into XBMC core. You would be able to access this feature in the add-ons configurations section.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Maybe you can somehow manage to use googlemail or something like dropbox to store the information. You enter your username password and the information about installed plugins is stored online.
rPi3/libreELEC | oDroidC2/libreELEC | DENON AVRX2200WBKE2 7.1 | Panasonic TX-P46GW10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Addon Synchronizer - Script that keep your addons synced on all your HTPC's0