Edit shares within xbmc
hello

can somebody tell me why the editing of shares is not possible from within xbmc ?
when changing network setting aren't these saved in the xboxmediacenter.xml file? so why can't share/menu info be saved from within xbmc.

the reason i ask is when i explain to some people (less technically minded) how to update the xboxmediacenter.xml they get scared/confused Wink if there was a way to do it via the gui they might try use the program better instead of leaving it the way i set it up.

thanks
simon
1. ip settings are not stored in the xboxmediacenter.xml anymore (if you change the network settings it fet stored in the savegamefolder of xbmc)

2. editing shares from within the ui isn't as simple as the network setings vause we know there is one ip, one gateway and so on (with a fixed syntax too), but you can have from 0 to 100 shares.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edit shares within xbmc0