Help with delay in responce from remote
I have recently got me a harmony remote and a HP receiver, every thing is going fairly smoothly but I have a delay when I push a key on the remote.

This was not evident with my old remote nor does it show when i use the keyboard.

Anyone know where the delay could be coming from, or if there is a way to reduce it??
What, if any software, are you using with the remote?

JR
No software. remote just emulates the MCE Keyboard.
UserInterface Wrote:No software. remote just emulates the MCE Keyboard.

In that case the receiver should be using the ehome driver. I've never seen a delay with this setup so I'd guess it's something to do with the Harmony handset. Can you borrow another RC6 handset to try?

JR
Nah, I don't know anyone that has one and I had to wait 2months just to get this one.
Other people on here are using it and I have not seen any other complaints.

This is the same HP one that I have found in this post
Hi. You need to adjust delays with the Harmony remote. Load the Harmony software and click the DEVICES tab. Select the device you're imitating (I chose MCE remote) and then click on SETTINGS, then ADJUST DELAYS. In THIS case, you can put ZERO in all the fields. Also, when you're done that, select the device again and select TROUBLESHOOT, then ...RESPONDS TO SOME COMMANDS EITHER TOO MANY TIMES... and select the repeat rate of at least 2. ENJOY!
I don't have that option, theres a screen shot attached incase I am missing something..

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6602/capturegs.png
Does anyone else have this issue when the remote is set in this way?
I still have this god awful lag when I push buttons, even after updating to latest build.
Does not seem to happen inside windows just XBMC.
If you run Notepad and then press buttons on the remote, e.g. the left/right/up/down buttons, do you get a delay in Notepad moving the cursor?

JR
UserInterface Wrote:I have recently got me a harmony remote and a HP receiver, every thing is going fairly smoothly but I have a delay when I push a key on the remote.

This was not evident with my old remote nor does it show when i use the keyboard.

Anyone know where the delay could be coming from, or if there is a way to reduce it??

Which Harmony remote are you using? I have a Harmony One and it's always had a bad delay....
OpenElec / Silverstone LC17 / 6TB / Toshiba 32WLT68

Get your freshly squeezed recipes, news and views at foodforfriendsyeah.co.uk!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with delay in responce from remote0