[MAC] Any way to launch a App from within XBMC for Mac on OS X?
Question 
Hi,

I hope someone could help me here. I'm using XBMC in OS X 10.6.3 and it is working perfect for me.

The only thing missing compared to plex is the ability to launch OS X Applications from within XBMC Blush

If someone could help how to do that. And if there is anything I have to pay attention, when the launched App also uses the Apple remote.

Thanks for all Information and suggestions.
Regards
Vlaves
Vlaves Wrote:Hi,

I hope someone could help me here. I'm using XBMC in OS X 10.6.3 and it is working perfect for me.

The only thing missing compared to plex is the ability to launch OS X Applications from within XBMC Blush

If someone could help how to do that. And if there is anything I have to pay attention, when the launched App also uses the Apple remote.

Thanks for all Information and suggestions.
Regards
Vlaves

Welcome ;-)

You can use launcher plug in in order to start, say, Front Row app. Just navigate plug in all the way your app package until you find icon. That should mark executable.

Front Row starts just fine, but remote stops working when you leave XBMC...

We'll see if Davilla could help after Dharma is released. If you find a way, please post as I am also interested.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi, any news about this feature ?

I'm looking for a solution that will allows me to launch an osx app (front row) within XBMC so will be able to play DRM protected content in front row then go back to XBMC for all other content.
MacMini (end 2014) - Core i7 3Ghz - 16Gb - Intel Iris 1536Mb
macOS 10.12.6
Kodi 17 + Testing Kodi 18b3

Ribero Wrote:Hi, any news about this feature ?

I'm looking for a solution that will allows me to launch an osx app (front row) within XBMC so will be able to play DRM protected content in front row then go back to XBMC for all other content.

Now that Dharma is released, I've post a ticket suggesting implementing a way to start Front Row from within Xbmc. Besides DRM, I find it helpful as eliminating the need of using plugins for iTunes & iPhoto on Mac platform. So go here and vote :p
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

The purpose of the Hymn Project is to allow you to exercise your fair-use rights under copyright law. The various software provided on this web site allows you to free your iTunes Music Store purchases (protected AAC / .m4p) from their DRM restrictions with no loss of sound quality. These songs can then be played outside of the iTunes environment, even on operating systems not supported by iTunes and on hardware not supported by Apple.
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
idioteque Wrote:The purpose of the Hymn Project is to allow you to exercise your fair-use rights under copyright law.

I don't have any DRM myself, I'm personally after other benefits of using FR within Xbmc. Though, DRM support could also be useful for those not prepared to "play" with Hymn.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I use Applescript for such a thing: I've put the "Satellite TV" button to home screen of XBMC connected to Applescript that run eyeTV. It works, but I have a problem with apple remote - it stop working with XBMC after eyetv closed...
Headshaker Wrote:I use Applescript for such a thing: I've put the "Satellite TV" button to home screen of XBMC connected to Applescript that run eyeTV. It works, but I have a problem with apple remote - it stop working with XBMC after eyetv closed...

Would you mind sharing some details about how to do it? Is your applescript in add-ons section or..?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Remote Buddy is the best way to fix "the remote doesn't work" issues. The problem is that Apple assumes that if you are using OSX as a mediacenter you are using Frontrow so it takes everything over.

But Remote Buddy allows you to customize what you want you be controlled and how.

I'll have a look, thanks.

But, do I understand you right - even if option to start FR would be added to Xbmc, remote issues would still have to be solved through Remote Buddy?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:But, do I understand you right - even if option to start FR would be added to Xbmc, remote issues would still have to be solved through Remote Buddy?

Yep. Remote Buddy overrides all the default remote settings in XBMC and lets you set things as you please. No other way to do it- in fact the Remote Buddy guy seems the only non-Apple person on that planet that understands how OSX's IR system works. He is also the maker of the CandleAir driver:

http://www.iospirit.com/labs/candelair/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Any way to launch a App from within XBMC for Mac on OS X?0