Change weather icons
I tried to change the weather icons as I have always done in the pre Dharma releases by overwriting the weather.zip file under XBMC/media. When I overwrite the file with the realistic weather icons in Dharma Beta 4( have not tried earlier betas) nothing changes. I've searched high and low and am unable to find any information. It appears it is set up different now and I would like any insight in how to change them. Thanks
Ok, I am assuming Windows XP that the weather icons get pull from the ~/XBMC/media/weather.zip file and get written to C:\Documents and Settings\<user id>\Application Data\XBMC\cache\weather folder.

But this must only be happening at install... not sure. It used to dynamically change them if you changed the weather.zip file.

So I over wrote the weather folder under cache with the realistic weather icons and now they show up.

I am not sure if this is the way it should work now or something is broke. Maybe someone can clear this up.
Quick question. Where did you find the new weather icons? I remember seeing the thread some time ago and someone was working on animating them so i held off. but now i can't find the threads no matter how hard i search.

Cheers
RBX
Actually I've had them since they were posted. Here is the link to the thread with a download link in it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50196
Thanks minerdigs Big Grin
minerdigs Wrote:Ok, I am assuming Windows XP that the weather icons get pull from the ~/XBMC/media/weather.zip file and get written to C:\Documents and Settings\<user id>\Application Data\XBMC\cache\weather folder.

But this must only be happening at install... not sure. It used to dynamically change them if you changed the weather.zip file.

So I over wrote the weather folder under cache with the realistic weather icons and now they show up.

I am not sure if this is the way it should work now or something is broke. Maybe someone can clear this up.

i downloaded a .zip file that had a .rar file inside with a readme that says

"To change the weather icons in XBMC with the new ones simply put the "weather.rar" into the "XBMC\media\"-directory and overwrite the old weather.rar. You have to restart XBMC to see the new weather icons."

however in my media directory was a weather.zip not a .rarConfused
so i extracted the new .rar and put the contents into a .zip file. that worked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change weather icons0