Location of Dharma skin addons?
Forgive me if this information is readily available elsewhere on the site but I couldn’t find it.

I’d like to tweak some skins that I’ve downloaded but can’t find them. I see the skin.confluence subfolder in XBMC\addons (and can make/rename copies just fine) but I don’t see folders for addon skins that I have download/installed. Where are they, exactly?

Running Dharma Beta 4 on Windows.

Thanks in advance.
all skins are in xbmc/addons/skin.xxx where xxx= skin name

-=Jason=-
My only xbmc folder is empty. i feel like i am missing something but i am looking everywhere
XBMC live install..what am i missing?
Yeah, likewise. I can make a copy of the skin.confluence subfolder in addons, rename it, alter the addon.xml, and the skin will work fine, but download a skin and install it and I can't see where the folder ends up.

Anybody?
Its in your user dir which depends on the operating system you use (on linux this ~/.xbmc/addons) (on windows 7 its c:\users\username\appdata\xbmc\addons)
Jezz_X Wrote:Its in your user dir which depends on the operating system you use (on linux this ~/.xbmc/addons) (on windows 7 its c:\users\username\appdata\xbmc\addons)

I'm not sure that this is always the case. I am running Windows XP and have Night installed and running in XBMC but I cannot see a folder for it anywhere. The only skin.xxx folder I see is confluence.

Any ideas? Looking to do some skin editing.

*edit*

Found it. Strange location...
Despite installing XBMC to C:\Program Files\XBMC I found the Night skin folder in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.xxx
for mac users its: /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons

yeaah
circle_ Wrote:I'm not sure that this is always the case. I am running Windows XP and have Night installed and running in XBMC but I cannot see a folder for it anywhere. The only skin.xxx folder I see is confluence.

Any ideas? Looking to do some skin editing.

*edit*

Found it. Strange location...
Despite installing XBMC to C:\Program Files\XBMC I found the Night skin folder in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.xxx

Not so strange .. that's where most applications store data in XP .. hence the 'application data' folder name. The folder has been around since win 98 iirc. So not exactly new. Smile

I don't really see the big problem though. Why not just search for the skin name, and you'll find it? Or search for 'xbmc' if the skin name isn't found (not always the same as the installed skin).

Btw, if you use XBMC in portable mode (start it with the -p switch, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...le_mode.3F) you will get a portable_data/ folder in your XBMC installation folder, that contains your addons among other things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Location of Dharma skin addons?0