PRoblem with Video Sync.
Hello.
I have a quite fast computer. Dual GTX460 SLI, Core i7 and 8gb ram.
No matter what I try. I just can't get the video to sync to 24p/23.976FPS.
I have an LG47" FullHD TV connected over DVI to HDMI.

From what I can tell. The TV should do 23.987 and 24 FPS just fine. I have the settings in the Nvidia control panel.

When I let XBMC choose a refreshrate i can see the settings change in the NVidia Controlpanel om my second monitor. And the TV says 24p.

How ever i configure the refreshrate and change audio sync settings it just wont sync. The best results are when i leve it at 60hz and set Synd to video(Resample audio) but then i get another problem. After a couple of minutes the movie laggs for a couple of seconds and then resumes as normal. And this happens at even intervals through out the movie.

here is my xbmc logg: http://pastebin.com/YaEm6Xqx

Is there anything i can do to fix this? It it my TVs fault? I dont have any other TV to test it on and my monitor does not support 24p. Sad
Can you turn on debug logging in XBMC and post another debug log.
Hello. Sorry for my late answer. Here is a debug log of me trying to playback a movie at 23.976 FPS.
This produces a picture that laggs/framedrops every second. I have tried this with and without audio sync settings and trueFS and without.

http://pastebin.com/LVRYi12S
First thing I'd try is playing the file directly instead of from a rar file.
Hello.

It does not make any difference, rared or not.
From what i can see. There is considerable "misses" when i tell xbmc to adjust framerate. Pressing the "o" on the keyboard show me that misses just keep rising and error jumps really fast from what i can tell is 0% - 100%.
Just to add some info. Pressing "o" shows:
W: The FPS is not constant. Fluctuating about .05fps upp or down from 23.97
C: a/v is fluctuating fast, sometimes negative values.
S: refresh says 24 even thow i can see in the nvidia settings that it should bee 23hz(23.976fps).
Error and sync are constantly fluctuating no matter what settings i use.

All CPU ang GPU values are way below 50%.
Are you running XBCM in windowed mode or true full screen?

I found that I have to disable windowed mode, enable v-sync and have the adjust refresh rate to video option enabled. Eventho I have a total different setup then you, I also have an nvidia GPU.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PRoblem with Video Sync.0