XBMC & Navit
I'm building a carpc and would like to use XBMC and Navit.

XBMC works great! And also navit works great, but I can't combine it togheter.

First i tried with launcher (a plugin for XBMC), but this works a little bit unstable.

The other method i tried works, but i've got 1 problem. I ran XBMC in virtual terminal 7 en with the following command i ran navit
Code:
startx -- :1 vt08
navit

This works well, but when the navit virtual terminal is open, XBMC won't get to the next song and stops playing when the currently song is ended.

Does somebody know how I can eliminate this problem. Or even has a beter solution for working with XBMC en navit at the same time.

EDIT: I installed XBMC on a ubuntu karmic server edition (described in the install guide of XBMC)
Hi Dafke,
My carpc has the following setup:
OS : Ubunutu 10.04, just installed xbmc on this ( version 9.11 as explained in mouse topic http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post660546 ).
Things i did to make it easily accessible as in-vehicle entertainment :
1) get xbmc windowed not full-screen, you got to keep your compiz features working ( mine is setup as : rotate desktop cube on mouse click at left or right screen border )
2) stretch your desktop icons to make them bigger ( nice linux feature)
3) i'm using IGO8 pc version under wine on the other cube desktop.

This way i switch between desktops if i need to adapt navigation or my music choice and still both applications are running, giving me music with vocal directives as navigation or music with visual navigation ( with or without sound ( =muted in IGO8) ) .

This setup doesn't need any plug-in or launcher from inside xbmc. One desktop = one application, no conflicts.
This didn't work with canola for example, it was eating all my resources up.
I couldn't input anything on my navigation onscreen-keyboard and the graphics got stuck.

After trying a lot of ( distro-)applications, reading, finding ways to make it work, i finally got at xbmc which really is so extremely well-tough of and easy to make it work. ( Why didn't i found it earlier !?)
I just need to find some topics on getting bigger fonts but for now i'm getting all the album pictures in the ID3 tags to navigate trough my library.
Works like a charm !

Cheers Ced

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC & Navit0