Xbmc startup
agoMiST Wrote:You could also use Alt + F4 which should close xbmc
This is it The perfect hit.

@ elitegamer360 It works but with alt+f4 is much better.
@ ZWAT We have different layouts.

Now i face a serious problem. By the time i installed the XBMC shortcut when i want to watch a movie it does not start.With the remote control i go to forward x8 to start it plays for one minute and then it pauses.Also it does not give movie details in the screen where are the details , the fanart and the thumb.any more and writes ( hidden to prevent spoiler).
i deleted the installation i reinstalled it again but nothing

Thanks for your attention
i restarted the computer and now is running properly. But in many movies i do not have details ( movie story ) and still writes " hidden to prevent spoilers "
Sounds like you've got the plot hidden for unwatched items.
If you head into your video settings you can toggle it off
agoMiST Wrote:Sounds like you've got the plot hidden for unwatched items.
If you head into your video settings you can toggle it off
You are always right. Now everything is running perfect.
In my hard disk i have 60 movies.When i go to VIDEOS it shows 60 movies. But when i go to MOVIES it shows me that i have much more movies. I can see double folders. It looks that when i am watchin a movie through VIDEOS then that movie folder appears double. What can i do?

THanks for your help.........
SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:You are always right. Now everything is running perfect.
In my hard disk i have 60 movies.When i go to VIDEOS it shows 60 movies. But when i go to MOVIES it shows me that i have much more movies. I can see double folders. It looks that when i am watchin a movie through VIDEOS then that movie folder appears double. What can i do?

THanks for your help.........

video settings > clean library

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:video settings > clean library

-=Jason=-
Thank you very much. It works.
Everytime i have to do the same thing ?
Can you pls tell me what is the difference between VIDEOS and MOVIES ?
I have created in my hard disk few folders according to the movie's details. i.e DRAMA-ACTION-CRIME e.t.c.
In Videos menu i can see these folders with my movies in with the exact number of movies which i have in my collection.

In MOVIES menu i can find other folders created probably by the NIGHT SKIN designer but my movies are much more because when i download the movie details the movie is coming as Drama/Action/Crime etc so it means that the same movie is going into three folders.

Does anybody know how to enter the movie? i mean if a movie in my opinion is DRAMA to enter this movie into Drama folder and vice versa ?

THanks for your attention and your help.........
SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Can you pls tell me what is the difference between VIDEOS and MOVIES ?
I have created in my hard disk few folders according to the movie's details. i.e DRAMA-ACTION-CRIME e.t.c.
In Videos menu i can see these folders with my movies in with the exact number of movies which i have in my collection.

In MOVIES menu i can find other folders created probably by the NIGHT SKIN designer but my movies are much more because when i download the movie details the movie is coming as Drama/Action/Crime etc so it means that the same movie is going into three folders.

Does anybody know how to enter the movie? i mean if a movie in my opinion is DRAMA to enter this movie into Drama folder and vice versa ?

THanks for your attention and your help.........

VIDEOS = File View
Movies = Library View (Files Classified as Movies)
TV Shows = Library View (Files Classified as TV Shows)
@isamu.dragon tks for your reply. in my movies there is not the option library but it gives ths Genres where i can see the designed folders but overthere is my problem because more movies appear.
Did you scan your sources into the library (i.e. Context Menu/Set Content)?
isamu.dragon Wrote:Did you scan your sources into the library (i.e. Context Menu/Set Content)?
I do not know where i can find it.
The point/secret is when a movie gives its details i.e action/western how to disappear one of them and to be shown only one i.e action OR western.

Have a nice day and thanks..........
Two questions please.

1. Where can i find the XBMC.EXE ?
2. In the XBMC>MEDIA there two pictures. One is called icon and the other one is SPLASH and is the picture which XBMC shows upon startup.It means that if i put another picture and i name it splash i will see it on startup?
SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:I do not know where i can find it.
The point/secret is when a movie gives its details i.e action/western how to disappear one of them and to be shown only one i.e action OR western.

Have a nice day and thanks..........

It sounds like you like your movies set up the same way I do. I only like one genre per movie. I hate when movies get scraped with 6 genres.

I don't thing there is any away to change it within XBMC, but I highly recommend a 3rd party media manager program. Most people swear by them.

There are several free ones available in the supplemental tools section of this forum, but I would recommend Ember Media Manager. I used Media Companion for a long time, but have issues with it of late and am changing over to Ember. Ember is by far the most popular one.

With this you can not only choose the genres of each film, but also choose your own fanart and movie posters (among other things) and not live with the choices the scraper made.

EDIT: Also, to answer your first question you need to be in file mode (not library) and pull up the context menu when a source is selected. You will see an option to Set Content there.
FIsrt of all a good evening to all.

@ RANGER ROB Thanks for your reply .I have downloaded Ember V 1.2 but it does not give/show any movies breakdown.Actually i do not know this program and how it works so please give me some more infos.

Thanks for your attention.

P.S Where can i find the XBMC.ece ?
Current XBMC version is here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/

Dharma Beta 4 is the most current.

The instructions for Ember are here: http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm/wiki

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc startup0