Separate "hide plot for unwatched" setting for Movies and TV Shows
Would you consider creating a setting that allows users to hide the plot for unwatched items independently between movies and TV shows?

The reason for this (if it isn't already obvious) is that leavinng plots on for unwatched movies is good, because they never contain spoilers and they're helpful for seeing what a given movie is about. The problem, IMO, with having them on for unwatched TV episodes is that while they don't usually contain spoilers for their respective episode (although they sometimes do), future unwatched episode plots become spoilers for earlier ones.
RockDawg Wrote:Would you consider creating a setting that allows users to hide the plot for unwatched items independently between movies and TV shows?

The reason for this (if it isn't already obvious) is that leavinng plots on for unwatched movies is good, because they never contain spoilers and they're helpful for seeing what a given movie is about. The problem, IMO, with having them on for unwatched TV episodes is that while they don't usually contain spoilers for their respective episode (although they sometimes do), future unwatched episode plots become spoilers for earlier ones.

Echoing this completely, it's one of the major reasons for me not swapping from MediaPortal to Xbmc.
Although I understand your reasoning and agree with it, I feel this is something that would need to be adressed in XBMC itself and not on a skin level.
It would basically be possible but it would require creating a skin setting that could conflict with XBMC settings.
XBMC itself has the option to hide plots globally. If I would create a separate setting for this it could lead to confusion. For example someone chooses to show or hide plots in the skin settings, while in XBMC settings the choice could be the opposite of this.

So my advice would be to make a feature request for XBMC for this.
I would tend to agree with you, but from what I've read the devs disagree. Granted, I haven't seen a dev or team member state that themself, but I've read where a couple have said that team XBMC thinks it should be a skin level setting. Here is one post that says that:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=635508&postcount=5

Also, as is mentioned in the above post, other skins have implemented this setting. As for confusion, I don't think that would be much of an issue. Just leave the new skin setting off by default and the only time the Movies and TV shows would be different is when a user specifically sets it that way. Some food for thought.
ok, I'll take it into consideration. would be a 0.9.x thing though
Thanks!
hasn't this already been added?
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9103
harry3001 Wrote:hasn't this already been added?
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9103

No. That ticket is for separate "watched" staus. Meaning whether or not to show titles that have already been viewed.

My request is for separate settings to "hide the plot of a unwatched items". IMO plots for unwatched movies are good, but unwatched TV episode plots are bad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate "hide plot for unwatched" setting for Movies and TV Shows0