XBMC on XBOX -> XBMC on HTPC
kozz Wrote:The zbox HD-ID11 or ID40 is around 100€'s cheaper without RAM and HDD.

I'm thinking to buy such one. I have 2GB ddr2 ram at home.

So, windows 7 and xbmc can be installed and booted from an usb or SD?

Or is it better(performance,...) to all install in on a hdd?

thx
Windows 7 you'll struggle to get running off an SD card or USB. Linux is no problem though.

SSD is definitely the way to go if you want optimal performance, a spinning disk is fine though it's just not as quick loading graphically intensive interfaces.
I have ordered the zotac zbox hd-id40 plus.

Anyone can tell me which procedure i have to follow to install xbmc on it?
which os and configuration details i have to follow?

thx
up ;-)
Anyone can tell me if this is a good procedure for my zotac zbox?

http://www.interworks.com/blogs/rboyles/...spire-revo

What are the pro,contra's installing xbmc on windows7?

thx
no one?Sad
the xbmc live installation works exactly like an appliance-like settop-box would. switch it on, boot into XBMC directly. the guide is kinda redundant, for the zbox you have to use newest dharma beta anyways due to hardware support and not ye good ol' camelot 9.11

download the live CD, boot it, and see if that's what you want.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Thx for your comment,

So it's better to install it that way instead of installing on top of windows?
It's not a question of better, but what you prefer.

If you just and only want to run xbmc the xbmc-live cd is much faster since you don't have all that unneeded win-stuff running in the background.

The pro of Win + XBMC is that you are able to run other applications then xbmc too.
I have received my zotac today.
Tonight I will try to install xbmc live.

thx
let us know, what result got,today i got zotac id40 too, will buy satelite tv card Tevii s660 usb
I dont have the zotac but am using a foxconn and i boot off of a 8gb USB drive and while its a bit slow it def works. Im using the live version of RC1 and it works great.

I do want to upgrade to an SSD since i know it would be much faster and i actually found some smaller SSD's now beign sold by kingston which is awesome for me cause all i need it to store is the DB and the arts and such, all my movies are stored on my FreeNas box anyways.

16gb SSD:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820139428

Foxconn unit:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856119016
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on XBOX -> XBMC on HTPC0