ION Unraid - enough power
I have one of the original ION boxes. D945GCLF. The power supply is a DC 90W pico. I am looking to either install the beta (free) version of WHS - Vail, or Unraid.

I will have 4 drives on it.
1 X 640
2 X 1GB
1 X 250 2.5

Will there be enough power to drive the board and the drives ?

Willl Vail use less power than Unraid ?
If so, there is only one power cable to drive a HDD. What exactly do I have to buy in order to adapt this one power cable to 4 drives ?

Thanks.
Vail has pretty strict hardware requirements... 64bit CPU and 2Gb RAM are starters.

Not sure about your 90W pico to be honest... initial thought for that many HDDs is no

When I built my first homeserver I built it out of kit that I had hanging around... it was fine for testing and streaming a few bit from... but before I knew it I had almost 4TB of data stored on a server made from left overs, documents, music, movies, photos and all the family PCs backed up to it... it was great and we'd become accustom to it being there ... I did have problems and built a new server which not including a disk failure has been rock solid...
I do have 2GB RAM.
You're ok for unraid - except for the PSU. That is probably not enough juice.
Just checked your CPU too... it is 64bit... so good to go... except that PSU
Will the D945GCLF take a normal PSU ? If so, can you recommend a cheap smallish case with an efficient PSU ?

Thanks
when looking at a psu you are more concerned with the amps
outside of everything else and just looking at hard drives you can roughly consider about 2amps per green drive and 3 amps per non green drive

and when considering one for a file server you def want to go with a single rail psu to cut out the confusion of trying to figure out what connectors are on what rails
WE ALL WE GOT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ION Unraid - enough power0