Is there the concept of Custom Rating in xbmc?
In Media Browser, you can set a up custom rating that works in conjunction with the Parental Controls.

So, if I am hiding/locking out R rated movies, but I decide that a given R rated movie is appropriate to be displayed while parental controls are enabled, I can give it a custom rating of say PG-13.

This will allow the movie to be displayed while parental controls are engaged, but will still display the true mpaa rating of R when viewing the moving info.

While xbmc does not have a true parental control feature, I use smart playlists to show movies that do not contain Rated R. My problem is coming up with a way to display 'appropriate' R rated movies in my 'Less than R' play list.

Can anyone think of way to do this, that does not involve hard coding a rule for each movie I want to display?
You could use the genre tag. Add your own genre to the nfo files. XBMC will recognize the new genre and you can sort it out in your playlist,

Mark
^ That is a good idea. And I think it should work. When I get home, will try create a 'custom rating' genre and create smart play list where mpaa rating does not contain 'Rated R' or genre = 'Custom Rating'
One other thing...if you add a new genre to a file that has been entered into the library, you will need to refresh that file to get the new genre recognized.

Mark
^thx.

So if I update a bunch of movies, I have to refresh each one? Or is there a way to do a mass refresh? If I recall, the update library option only picks up new movie and not changes to existing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there the concept of Custom Rating in xbmc?0