Graphic problems
Hi,

I have zotac mini PC ZBOX HD-ND22:
http://www.zotac.com/index.php?optio...&Itemid=100082

I installed ubuntu 10.10. 64bit and xbmc Dharma on top of it.
(I have installed also linux because I need to have web browser for searching torrents and transmision for downloading them. This is ussually the first step - to get the movie, before you can watch it. So I don't know why this is not integrated by default. I tried with firefox and it is not so user friendly if you install it directly into xbmc(torrent client also doesn't work at the first glance, but I guess its possible), so, I'll wait for some future version with integrated firefox into xbmc live version. Until than I'll have both - linux and xbmc).

Now the problem Smile Problem is, that video doesn't run smoothly.
It stutters(flicker) from time to time. I tried DVD and MKV files, both the same.

I found somwhere on the web this post:
"The graphics overlay system on Dharma doesn't run as smoothly as it does with Camelot. The new features on Dharma are awesome, but a quite a few files in my video library are not playing as smoothly as they were in Camelot. "

Does anybody have the same problems? I wonder if I should install 32bit version of linux instead of 64bit?

I guess that camellot version is xbmc9.11? I'll try also this version from USB key today to see the diference. Any other suggestion? Probably some codecs or drivers problems because this zotac is quite new product?

br,
Simon
I have instaled old xbmc 9.11 live version without ubuntu yesterday and the picture is enormous better than it was before.
Sharp, clear and no stutters or flickers. But this old version doesn't have so much plugins,... so i would like to have dharma version.

I guess that dharma didn't work well because I had 64bit version of ubuntu. Maybe i should try 32bit version, what do you think? Also default media player in ubuntu had the same bad results. Maybe I need some different codecs to install or drivers? From zotac I got only windows drivers. Any suggestions?

br,
Simon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Graphic problems0