Keeping removed items from being rescanned
Hi all. I'm new to XBMC and loving it. The only issue I'm really running into is keeping titles from reappearing after removing them from my library. I don't want to delete the files from my hard drive or move them as they are part of a torrent file I'd like to continue seeding.

The files in question are DVD extras and are in the same folder as the film. As such, when I add the entire folder as a separate source and designate "Exclude Path from Library Updates" in Set Content, I can no longer update the main film in XBMC manually or otherwise if I change the .nfo files for that film.

I think I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be. Is there an easier way to remove/exempt specific files from your library and then keep them gone without affecting other files?

Thanks guys!
-Brad
put your extras within another folder within the movies folder. Then simply exclude that extras folder from library updates.
You can add a regular expression pattern to the <excludefromscan> advancedsettings.xml setting to avoid having to manually exclude extras folders each time (this example assumes your folder is named "extras"):

Code:
<video>
  <excludefromscan>
    <regexp>[-._ \\/]extras[-._ \\/]</regexp>
    <regexp>-trailer</regexp>
    <regexp>[-._ \\/]sample[-._ \\/]</regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
</video>
when seeding, adding subfolders is not an option

choosing to skip a file within a torrent _is_ possible, however this will leave a partial file which XBMC will pick up and add to the library.

please explain further how to create this advanced settings exclusion list please - where does it go/where do i find it, can i just paste in the quoted text from your previous post, how do i make a custom regexp.... Smile
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

you create a file called advancedsettings.xml inside you /xbmc/userdata folder

use notepad++ to edit this file after you create it OR use nano or your editor of choice using command line

-=Jason=-
so what kind of regexp would i have to make to exclude samples, trailers, *.!ut, *.md5, *.sfv, *.dat from scans?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keeping removed items from being rescanned0