What happened to the cheap Nettops?
Poofyhairguy....

Thanks for the info. Will continue my research.
poofyhairguy Wrote:What I personally would do is just stick Windows 7 on the ION box.

that's exactly why I am still dual booting, can't live without my various comedy central flash streams Cool
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:that's exactly why I am still dual booting, can't live without my various comedy central flash streams Cool

Yeah, on my newest frontend build I am outright booting Windows 7 (the horror!) so that I can playback 3D movies correctly when I want to with PowerDVD.

Honestly once you get XBMC autostarting in Windows 7 it works pretty well...

@murthage

I'm not actually using ESPN3 on my XBMC box (I started a thread a while back requesting a plugin for it in the Python forum). ESPN3 uses flash. I do not have a browser installed on my XBMC box as I'm running XBMC alone on a minimal installation of Linux (Ubuntu Karmic).

-hogfan
poofyhairguy Wrote:Yeah, on my newest frontend build I am outright booting Windows 7 (the horror!) so that I can playback 3D movies correctly when I want to with PowerDVD.

Honestly once you get XBMC autostarting in Windows 7 it works pretty well...

are you talking about your zotac setup or have you built an i3 yet?
WE ALL WE GOT
bigdog66 Wrote:are you talking about your zotac setup or have you built an i3 yet?

I actually have a super monster (a Q6600) I am using as a 3D HTPC. I had the parts lying around, and I wanted to make sure I didn't lack the power needed for 3D Blu Rays. Plus it had been a while since I did a complete Windows setup so I wanted to try it out so I am better experienced. The remote support certainly has improved....

Tagged for later

New here quick question say an alternative to a cheap netbook what about a 1st gen mac mini, I've got buddy who will sell me one cheap but Im think the g4 processor won't be enough.
How about the Apple TV2 Product? There is XBMC now available for Jailbroken devices, so for me, I think its great.

My requirements for a HTPC are:

Small
Silent
HDMI
HD
Streaming from NAS in garage

I know it might not be as powerful as some of the ION devices e.g. Zotac et al. but I think it will be OK. I've just bought one and am waiting delivery so hoping im not going to be disappointed.

As a reference, I installed XBMC 9.1 (Live) on a REVO 3610 a year ago and found it awesome. Quiet, small, DTS output to 5.1 amp, very smooth.

I dont currently have any BD content, but from what I'm reading the ATV2 should be able to handle them OK? Huh
ATV2 cannot OUTPUT 1080p. Which is a hardware limitation (supposedly). That's probably important for your decision.
spartan711 Wrote:ATV2 cannot OUTPUT 1080p.

+1
the zotac seem to the route im going being that i've seen it suggested the most (next to the revo of course).if i was to purchase http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6856173005 is there anything else that i would/should need to add to it, and as far as installing xbmc will i be able to follow the directions @ http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53888.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What happened to the cheap Nettops?0