• 2(current)
SLik - skin
Yeah the dialogs probably have a few text and alignment errors they have only had basic things done to them so not really worried too much about dialogs just yet but thanks anyway
good to see alot of usability ideas which have been floating around implemented in an intuitive way. jezz_x, as always, the interface is simple and obvious. highly functional, albeit rough around the edges.

i'm looking forward to mediastream->confluence in reverse, where this highly usable UI becomes very pretty, instead of jezz_x making a pretty UI highly usable.
Loving it!

Exactly what i'm looking for! completely fast, no issue there.
The views are exactly what all skins need and most lack. like you said, simple.
Simple, but stylish and clean, without losing visibility of cover art and so forth. Absolutely spot on.

A couple of things to nit pick. I understand it's early days and lots of things are in the making. But i thought i'll post this anyways to let you know.

* This gradient doesn't seem subtle enough... doesn't seem sharp enough, as if it's low quality... it's as if my eyes are telling me it needs to blend better... sharper/smooth cut, or simply not blend at all. Just a thought of course.

** This gradient texture also seems to not blend properly when viewed on my flat panel LCD at 720p... Look closely, i'm sure you'll see what i mean.

*** The background gradient also seems "blocky" if you will, instead of the gradient being clean, it seems to be in blocky sections.

**** What's that ? haha... Sorry, just seems to have no function. Just caught my eye and got me thinking.

None of the things i pointed out are very noticeable in the pic or the screenshots rather, but are very noticeable on LCD 720 flat panel screens .. ( i have a few in the house)

again, i know it's early days... not sure if you have plans to fix these or simply keep them how they are, but thought i would let you know now.

Tell me your thoughts.

Loving it! (my new favorite to be)
Keep up the awesome work man!

Loggio.
Great work Jezz_X - another masterclass in simple elegant design!
loggio Wrote:Loving it!

Exactly what i'm looking for! completely fast, no issue there.
The views are exactly what all skins need and most lack. like you said, simple.
Simple, but stylish and clean, without losing visibility of cover art and so forth. Absolutely spot on.

A couple of things to nit pick. I understand it's early days and lots of things are in the making. But i thought i'll post this anyways to let you know.

* This gradient doesn't seem subtle enough... doesn't seem sharp enough, as if it's low quality... it's as if my eyes are telling me it needs to blend better... sharper/smooth cut, or simply not blend at all. Just a thought of course.

** This gradient texture also seems to not blend properly when viewed on my flat panel LCD at 720p... Look closely, i'm sure you'll see what i mean.

*** The background gradient also seems "blocky" if you will, instead of the gradient being clean, it seems to be in blocky sections.

**** What's that ? haha... Sorry, just seems to have no function. Just caught my eye and got me thinking.

None of the things i pointed out are very noticeable in the pic or the screenshots rather, but are very noticeable on LCD 720 flat panel screens .. ( i have a few in the house)

again, i know it's early days... not sure if you have plans to fix these or simply keep them how they are, but thought i would let you know now.

Tell me your thoughts.

Loving it! (my new favorite to be)
Keep up the awesome work man!

Loggio.

Gradients are hard and really depend on what you outputting it on when your trying to make a 10% difference over a large area it gets really hard if it was going black to white its super easy to look smooth but black to less black not so easy. The original source images are in the svn if anyone thinks they can make it look better then please feel free I'm open too it

* is meant to be like that because it looks better than a sharp edge and the black text is unreadable if it fades the whole way

**** <-- thats going to change the direction of arrow to tell you what way you have to go to get to the options for windows depending on the view you are in (not coded yet) its also there to balance out the other side and possibly when there are no options I might just change it to a clock icon
The home reminds me of Mark III (not a bad thing) and it's great to see you starting something new.
Hitcher Wrote:The home reminds me of Mark III (not a bad thing) and it's great to see you starting something new.

hehe that vision2 and a little alaska thrown in Smile
this is what it originally looked like http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7403/...hot082.png more vision 2 than anything
Call me stupid man,
but how do i get the SVN ?
same place you clicked the download link just click the source tab at the top
Always loving a new skin on the block Smile Keep up the good work..
Thanks Jezz_X, awsome as usual Smile

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
@Jezz_X
Does this mean the skin is "Done" or should i wait a bit more??

EDIT: I'll wait until the skin goes into xbmc repo.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
if you read the first post, you'll see that you have to wait.
Very SLICK Skin ! Looks nice and i am curious to see it when it's finished!
Noticed that Fanart in Launcher Plugin (Programs) is supported, that's great!
Hitcher Wrote:The home reminds me of Mark III (not a bad thing) and it's great to see you starting something new.

Any X Factor (Mediaportal skin) influence for the home screen jezz X Wink i think this skin has a lot of potential
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SLik - skin3