Different Audio Output For Music
I have a DAC for audio and want to watch movies through my tv speakers, can the setup somehow have audio output to HDMI for movies and USB for Music.
I've been looking for an answer to this question for some time. As far as I can tell the official releases of xbmc only allow a single audio device to be active at any given time. I've seen some Linux hacks that bypass this but I haven't seen anything for Win 7.

I'm currently running xbmc on Win7. I output hdmi audio into my receiver for TV and movies (DD & DTS). Unfortunately hdmi audio does not provide the very best sound quality, especially for 2 channel listening. There is also the added degradation caused by using a receiver for critical listening. Most receivers use inferior DACs and other components compared to separates.

I want improved stereo sound by bypassing the receiver. The HTPC's 2 channel audio would be output to spdif (or asynchronous USB). This would then be connected to a high quality DAC which would feed a preamp and high-quality stereo amp for the main front speakers.

In order to achieve this there would need to be simultaneous audio output over hdmi and spdif. Alternatively there should be some method of setting different audio devices for video and audio. I know this is possible in Win 7 since J.River Media Center does allow this. Is anyone aware of a method of achieving what I and the op are looking for in xbmc (Win 7)? Thanks.
Anyone found a solution for this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Different Audio Output For Music0