Feature Request - Game Fanart Info in Launcher
Original message was posted by HTPC Guy in the Transparency forum, and he got an almost immediate fix in the SVN, so here's hoping for the same response in my favourite skin Night !.

"There has been some cool changes with the launcher plugin as of late. It now supports fanart, thumbs, genre and plot info. It will scrape your games to generate the extra genra and plot info. The only catch is that the game info can only be displayed if the skin supports it. Is it possible to mod the program view in Night so it will display the plot info."

Take a look at this thread that angelscry created. It shows how he was able to do this with the alaska revisited skin.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35739&page=92

I would like similar functionality in Night since it is my favorite skin.
Fanart has always been there, plot and whatnot is on my mental to-do list....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Wow. That would be great mcborzu. I am just setting up launcher now.
Here is a bit of info on the launcher in case it helps.

There are categories for information in both the launcher and the roms. Each of them use the same set of tags.

<platform></platform>
<thumb></thumb>
<fanart></fanart>
<genre></genere>
<release></release>
<publisher></publisher>
<gameplot></gameplot>
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
That's perfect~!

I honestly tried to do it myself but i had no clue how although I did a few searches here and there.

If there's a guide on how to modify some of the views used in the night theme i'd love to give it a shot as a side project.

I do a lot of programming in VBA, actionscript and some scripting in autohotkey, so maybe I could pull it off.
3dlandscape now available...also added plot, will make that an option as I like the cleaner non-plot look...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thanks a lot you're the best!

I'll try it tonight and I'll let you know how it all went. I really appreciate this !
Just to add that its working nicely!

However, probably an unrelated problem, but i had a new installation of xbmc dharma beta 4, and for the life of me i can't seem to add the launcher as a 'games' menu in the home screen.

When i goto custom favourites, and i click on set favourites, it returns a blank screen.
Nevermind, solved the favourite thing from your post on this link
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84262

Thanks!
Hey there, I was just curious if anyone had an idea about where to enable plot for ROMs. I had them all working just fine in Alaska, but can't seem to get the fan art or the plot to show up in Night.

~EDIT

Figured it out, copied the python script from the link below into "/addons/plugin.program.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py" and all's good now.
http://pastebin.com/jYZZYYzg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request - Game Fanart Info in Launcher0