Posters, Banners, FanArt, and other Media Artwork XBMC Naming Convention Standards?
What's the preferred filename for music CD covers? folder.jpg or cover.jpg
I use folder.jpg
@ the OP

for movies I use poster.jpg and my poster display just fine in Library mode.

-=Jason=-
teegee543

I see you've updated your first post but under "single movie folder" you've used the same naming structure as "all movies in 1 folder"

they should be exactly.

movie.tbn
movie.nfo
fanrt.jpg

not

(moviename).tbn
(moviename).nfo
(moviename)-fanart.jpg

XBMC knows which film they belong to down to the fact that all these are in the same folder as the movie
rudeboyx, thanks for the feedback. The change was in response to hendoben's post. I'll leave it as rudeboyx's feedback until I get more feedback to the contrary.
teegee543 Wrote:rudeboyx, thanks for the feedback. The change was in response to hendoben's post. I'll leave it as rudeboyx's feedback until I get more feedback to the contrary.

no probs. I can confirm that it does work because all my movies are like that.

PS. your missing "cdart.png" which goes in your music album folder.

PPS. I think for movies you can also put a disc.png in the movie folder for use in some skins like transparency, but that will need confirming because i'v never used it.
rudeboyx Wrote:PPS. I think for movies you can also put a disc.png in the movie folder for use in some skins like transparency, but that will need confirming because i'v never used it.

Yes the disc.png goes in the movie folder..

http://www.cdcovers.cc/ is a good source to get them from.

heres a tutor on xbmcstuff that I found useful for those using gimp.

http://forum.xbmcstuff.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44

When I am done with my collection, I will be more then willing to
package them up and share them. too bad there wasn't something like
cdart for dvd/blue rays.. Smile
teegee543 Wrote:rudeboyx, thanks for the feedback. The change was in response to hendoben's post. I'll leave it as rudeboyx's feedback until I get more feedback to the contrary.

It Seems Hendoben's correct at this moment. There seems to be a bug in current versions that stops this naming structure from being picked up at all. xbmc just scrapes the web instead of picking them up.
rudeboyx Wrote:PPS. I think for movies you can also put a disc.png in the movie folder for use in some skins like transparency, but that will need confirming because i'v never used it.

Never heard of this one?! Interesting idea.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Posters, Banners, FanArt, and other Media Artwork XBMC Naming Convention Standards?1