Posters, Banners, FanArt, and other Media Artwork XBMC Naming Convention Standards?
Question 
Hello, I'm hoping to create a post with naming conventions used by the majority of skins as a reference for writing scrapers. I'll be compiling everyone's comments in this original post.

TV Show folder:
Quote:tvshow.nfo: series metadata

fanart.jpg: series fanart
extrafanart/: extra series fanart

folder.jpg: default art (can be either poster or banner)

poster.jpg: series poster
banner.jpg: wide series banner
landscape.jpg: landscape series thumb

logo.png: series logo
clearart.png: series OSD clearart logo (different from logo.png)
(Logo.jpg is generally the show's title written in its own style to be used within the skin)
(clearart.jpg is an image with a transparent background to overlay over a paused playback screen)

season-all.tbn: all seasons poster
season##.tbn: season poster
season-specials.tbn: specials poster

theme.mp3: series theme
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83925

Movie folder:
Quote:[filename].nfo: movie metadata

[filename]-fanart.jpg: movie fanart
[filename].tbn: movie poster

Single Movie folder:
Quote:movie.nfo: movie metadata

fanart.jpg: movie fanart
extrafanart/: extra movie fanart
movie.tbn: movie poster

disc.png: movie disc art
folder.jpg = folder image (not used as movie cover in library, but displays as folder image in file mode)

Music:
Quote:Artist Folder:
fanart.jpg: band/artist fanart

Album Folder:
folder.jpg: cd cover
cover.jpg: cd cover

Please post corrections and additions to the possible art that can be collected.
landscape.jpg - landscape show thumb
poster.jpg - poster show thumb
banner.jpg - show banner
-Movies-
if movie is in its own individual folder then

movie.tbn = movie poster
movie.nfo = movie metadata
fanart.jpg = movie fanart
folder.jpg = folder image (not used as movie cover in library, but displays as folder image in file mode)

-TV Shows-

theme.mp3 = TV show theme
logo.png = TV show Logo
clearart.png = OSD tv show image (different from logo)

(Logo.jpg is generally the shows title written in its own style to be used within the skin)
(clearart.jpg is an image with a transparent background to overlay over a paused playback screen)

Maybe these should all be added to the first post to make things easier and clearer when people are searching
prae5 Wrote:landscape.jpg - landscape show thumb
poster.jpg - poster show thumb
banner.jpg - show banner

What's the standard art you store in folder.jpg, assuming that poster.jpg and banner.jpg store the vertical and wide tv show art, respectively?

Also, what's the difference between season-all.tbn and poster.jpg?
logo and clearart should be better a png-file...
:rofl: greetz DanielOcean :rofl:

MY SYSTEM PIC 1 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 2 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 3
Danielocean Wrote:logo and clearart should be better a png-file...

well spotted. iv edited my post
great, but for what is that theme.mp3 file?! how du you implement it in xbmc?!
:rofl: greetz DanielOcean :rofl:

MY SYSTEM PIC 1 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 2 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 3
Danielocean Wrote:great, but for what is that theme.mp3 file?! how du you implement it in xbmc?!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83925
teegee543 Wrote:What's the standard art you store in folder.jpg, assuming that poster.jpg and banner.jpg store the vertical and wide tv show art, respectively?

Also, what's the difference between season-all.tbn and poster.jpg?

folder.jpg will either be poster format or banner format, it's usually the one you choose as a default in media managers. For me it's the poster (and I dont have a poster.jpg)

season-all.tbn I believe it is used for the All Seasons Season thumbnail
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Assuming that the following are poster:
season-all.tbn: all seasons poster
season##.tbn: season poster
season-specials.tbn: specials poster

what would you name the wide season banners? do any skins currently use wide season banners?
for tvshow part: logo downloader handle all kind of image and using custom naming Wink

for wide season, some skin are using it, but name doesn't change, it replace current.
I think landscape.jpg should got with banner.jpg and poster.jpg (in your first post). Would be easier to understand I think.
teegee543 Wrote:Single Movie folder:
Quote:movie.nfo: movie metadata

In my experience(looking at debugs) this doesn't work. You're better of naming the .nfo as you would for multiple movie folders ... [filename].nfo ...
I think it only work if you enable "search with directory name" (or something like that, I use XBMC in french) in the scraper settings.
Star 
Hi,

first of all, I find the idea of defining some naming conventions very important, but I would even go a bit further and suggest a tighter coupling within xbmc and make it easier for scrapers to extend what can be scraped.

First of all, the Scraper Addon-XML contains something similar to:

Code:
<extension point="xbmc.metadata.scraper.movies"
             language="en"
             library="tmdb.xml">
   <nfo>
      <type>Title</type>
      <type>Original Title</type>
   </nfo>

<media>
      <pictures>
          <type naming="$FILENAME$-fanart">Fanart</type>
      </pictures
      <audio>
          <type name="theme">Theme</type>
      </audio>
      <video>
          <type name="$FILENAME$-trailer">Trailer</type>
      </video>
   </media>
</extension>

As you can see, there is no file ending to the naming convention, as I find it more powerful when you can add all kind of media in there as long as it is of the correct type and supported by xbmc.

XBMC can then add all those scraped information to the database (making it easy to add special information, especially when the new database design is ready) and copy all media that is found/scraped to 'userdata/thumbnails' as it is currently done with fanart. This would make browsing the database much faster if the thumbnails folder is on a flash drive or if the Movies are on a network share, but the thumbnails folder is local.

Now it should be possible for the skinner (or python scripter) to get those information via:
Code:
Listitem.picture(Fanart)
Listitem.audio(Theme)
Listitem.trailer(Trailer)
Listitem.info(Title)

To make this addition really powerful and more user friendly, you can add several scrapers to a source. The Scraper Settings should be extended so that you can disable a specific meta data.
You could for example download all Meta-Info from a german Website, but disable it to download actor information, then add an english scraper that loads the actor information. If there are two scrapers who download the same information, the information form the first scraper is used (if found, of course).

Plugins like CDArt Downloader or Logo Downloader could now be implemented like normal scrapers who have eg:
Code:
<extension point="xbmc.metadata.scraper.movies"
             language="en"
             library="tmdb.xml">

<media>
      <pictures>
          <type naming="cd-art">CDArt</type>
      </pictures>
   </media>
</extension>

This would make gathering all those information/media much easier and the skinner can support a new type of information/media.

Of course, we still need to have some sort of conventions.

I didn't post this to the "New feature suggestion" forum yet, because I wanted to know what you guys think first, as it would probably require a lot of work to you skinners to port it.

lg
Fice

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Posters, Banners, FanArt, and other Media Artwork XBMC Naming Convention Standards?1