How does XBMC handle movie trailers?
Question 
Hi,

As the title says, I've become increasingly confused about how xbmc handles trailers. I've been using the Aeon MQ skin and apparently you can set your video content to use trailers from hd-trailers.net, but it doesn't seem to work. I've also tried youtube urls (also tried it with the youtube plugin) but it doesn't seem to work either. I did find some valid sources but their quality was far from good.

So.. let me get this straight, are there any HQ/HD streaming sources (like the ones I mentioned) that work well with the latest xbmc build/Aeon MQ? Or is the only real 'good' way as of now to save your trailers first?

Please let me know.. thanks!
Star 
Trailers are handled differently depending... I personally grab HD trailers from the Apple site with a plug-in and have set-up a folder just for coming attractions. After a while when I pick up the movie, I'll throw it into the movies folder with the name-trailer.mov and when I hit "I" for info... there is an icon for trailers and it plays there. If I scraped the movie with a trailer... XBMC will first look for a local trailer, failing that goes to the link provided in the .nfo and tries to play it. Trick is that usually a HD trailer takes loads of bandwidth, and it's very slow to start. If you use Ember, you can usually get a choice of trailer addresses.... but it might not be still up, I think there's is a button to preview it.

This was just recently put into Transparency! So there is going to be a few kinks to work out, not sure about other skins though.
I see... Indeed Ember provides a list of trailer adresses. Unfortunately, none of the good quality ones work for me. Do you have any good sources that would be worth checking out?
Star 
KeyMs92 Wrote:I see... Indeed Ember provides a list of trailer adresses. Unfortunately, none of the good quality ones work for me. Do you have any good sources that would be worth checking out?
I think the industry is getting wise to the fact that people can enjoy the trailer and satisfy the urge... without spending Smile So good trailers are getting harder to get for everything. As mentioned the Apple site is pretty good and then there is plug-ins I haven't tried yet; thinking about 'PreviewNetworks Video trailers' in add-ons.

Slip me a tip if you find the motherload Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does XBMC handle movie trailers?0