Crazy idea/question?
Over the last couple of days I've been scouring the forums and searching the net for Dharma compatible addons for streaming various content (I was particularly looking for French channels but also channels like France24 (free, streaming news channel in 3 languages). This journey took me through defuct old video streaming plugins (VideoMonkey), foreign XBMC forums (passion-xbmc.org) and a number of unofficial Dharma repositories (e.g. XOT:Uzg) etc etc.

In the end, I guess my question is whether there would be appetite to either compile a list of TV channels that are streamable in XBMC (and which plugin to install to get it) or whether someone would fancy integrating/re-packaging all the working bits and bobs from old and new plugins to a "super" streaming TV plugin to rule them all?

Thoughts? Am I crazy, or does this sound user-friendly?
I don't know what kind of content you are looking for specifically, but have you heard of navi-x? I'd say that script is the closest thing to what you are talking about.
The point of the addon system is that we will only have working ones there, it will be marked broken if not.

As for having one big plugin to rule em all I definatly disagree and I think many do to, it makes much more sense if you download "mtv" and "discovery channel" instead of someone with random name which have both. Makes life easier if you want discovery channel if the addon is just that.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Although if someone wanted to volunteer to maintain a database of available streaming sources somewhere on the Internet, I can see the point of an addon that could search the database for you.

JR
There are many sites online that have links to the free streams (e.g. wwitv.com, fomny.com, etc). Those sites try their best to hide the actual links to drive traffic to their sites. It would be nice to have a plugin for live tv channels, but it will require some sort of mechanism to check the streams regularly since the actual servers change often.
jhsrennie Wrote:Although if someone wanted to volunteer to maintain a database of available streaming sources somewhere on the Internet, I can see the point of an addon that could search the database for you.

hereandthere Wrote:There are many sites online that have links to the free streams (e.g. wwitv.com, fomny.com, etc). Those sites try their best to hide the actual links to drive traffic to their sites. It would be nice to have a plugin for live tv channels, but it will require some sort of mechanism to check the streams regularly since the actual servers change often.

Check out the VideoMonkey for a good starting point. If you find links to video streams that could be added, be sure to tell Bootsy on this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34666&page=55
i dunno how its done but maybe creating a video streaming repository would be good - that way you could easily find all available (and working) video streamer addons
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

extrospection Wrote:appetite to either compile a list of TV channels that are streamable in XBMC (and which plugin to install to get it)

Having not found this list anywhere, I've started a very early draft Wiki page at:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Str...V_Channels

Feel free to contribute/edit/comment/criticize! Having this list all in one place makes sense to me...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crazy idea/question?0