Using Hyperspin with XBMC
I've been using XBMC (Dharma) with the Alaska Revisited Mod Skin and I almost have the exact setup I want, but I'm stuck at the moment. I'm trying to have it so that when I launch Hyperspin from Launcher, XBMC closes. I don't want XBMC running in the background while Hyperspin is running. I already have Hyperspin set up so that it launches XBMC on exit. BTW I'm running all of this on Windows 7 64-bit. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?
Eventghost might solve your problem I think.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:Eventghost might solve your problem I think.

Ok, how exactly can I use Eventghost so that when I launch a program with launcher XBMC closes?
try this post, I am trying to do the same myself and haven't tried this yet but most likely should work...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55776
Smile 
galaga4991 Wrote:Ok, how exactly can I use Eventghost so that when I launch a program with launcher XBMC closes?
If you have EventGhost running in the background, launch XBMC and then launch Hyperspin. Then close Hyperspin.

EventGhost will show in the left panel the events associated with these actions.

At that point you create a macro that you associate with the event "Hyperspin is launching" (the exact name will be in EventGhost, probably Task.Created.hyperspin).

The macro will be triggered by the Task.Created.hyperspin event and the actions needed to do what you want are two:

Window/Find a window (where you ask EventGhost to look for XBMC)
Window/Close a window (where you ask EventGhost to close XBMC if it finds it).

I did a quick example for you, based on a similar scenario.

The action activates when foobar2k launches and closes Outlook. Have a look at these two pictures:

The first one shows the macro created. The second one shows the events happening, one by one, when I launch foobar2k.

The end result is that, as soon as I launch fb2k, Outlook closes.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
galaga4991 Wrote:I've been using XBMC (Dharma) with the Alaska Revisited Mod Skin and I almost have the exact setup I want, but I'm stuck at the moment. I'm trying to have it so that when I launch Hyperspin from Launcher, XBMC closes. I don't want XBMC running in the background while Hyperspin is running. I already have Hyperspin set up so that it launches XBMC on exit. BTW I'm running all of this on Windows 7 64-bit. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

I don't think the Launcher AddOn has an option to exit XBMC after lauching an app. There are various hard ways to do it, but I'd say the easy way would be to write an XBMC script something like:

Code:
import subprocess
import xbmc

child = subprocess.Popen("notepad.exe")
xbmc.executebuiltin('Quit')

I've tested this with Notepad, obviously you need to repl;ace notepad.exe with whatever the executable for Launcher is. You also need an addon.xml file something like:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
  id="script.runhyperspin"
  version="1.0"
  name="RunHyperspin"
  provider-name="jhsrennie">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11"/>
  </requires>
  <extension
    point="xbmc.python.script"
    library="default.py"
    debugging="false"/>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <summary>Test script to run Notepad and exit</summary>
    <description>This is a test script intended to show how run an application from XBMC. The script runs Notepad but can be easily modified to run any app.</description>
    <platform>all</platform>
  </extension>
</addon>

JR
if you read the link in my post that will answer all your questions !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Hyperspin with XBMC0