multiple libraries
Question 
Ok i have a couple of folders that have my videos and some with my kids stuff i was wondering if there was anyway to have these separate and not just all in movies or tvHuh
There are tons of posts about this topic all over the forum. I think the best solution I've seen mentioned before is to either use separate user accounts (logins) or to use movie sets.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I have been looking but haven't found anything yet and separate user accounts won't work because two of the rooms need to have my stuff and my kids stuff on it without having to sort through my stuff and in my kids room only his stuff needs to be on it. Movie sets? don't think that will work as he has tv shows as well.
smart playlists....

Depends on the skin but in some skins you can create one playlist all but Kids stuff, and another all Kids stuff. Then hide the regular TV option on Home, poof, two separate TV Libraries...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Im currently trying it out with smart playlists to have a seperate library for the kids movies and tv shows. Then just add an Icon for each on the main menu of the skin to just click on "Kids Movies" So far seems to work good just set it to genre and then family. I think you can also just set a path within the smart playlist to the certain folder. Also seperate user accounts you can also do.
Ok how would i go about setting a playlist up for a tv folder on a server?
Seems with tv shows you cant select paths but you can add the shows manually to the playlist. A pain instead of just selecting a whole folder to add.
Thank you all that worked out great just a little pain doing the tv shows for my kid but he doesnt have as many as me and my wife so it worked out ok.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multiple libraries0