• 25(current)
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC
idoru17 Wrote:Well... I do have "Use landscape" set in parameters/theme but I don't see how to make xbmc scrape for posters (and of course my pictures are distorted).

Go to File mode
Press 'C' on source
Select Set Content
Select Settings (at bottom)
Select 'Prefer Posters'

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Does anyone here have this skin sorted to play trailers pressing down with Apple TV 2g?

Cheers
ppic Wrote:check in skin settings, you've got a button to download this landscape thumbs.

you mean this option, right ?

no, this is to use landscape, you've got a button in setting to download this kind of art, maybe in addon script section .
mcborzu Wrote:Go to File mode
Press 'C' on source
Select Set Content
Select Settings (at bottom)
Select 'Prefer Posters'

I did it but nothing changed... Here is how my xbmc is set :

And, of course, that tweak:
Quote:<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=bulk,clearart=False,logo=True,show thumb=landscape.jpg,banner=banner.jpg)</onclick>
if you change setting after you've scraped you library, you'll need either to remove and rescrap your library or refresh informations on each show info screen to get posters !

the first is to know, what kind of image do you want to use ?
banner / landscape / poster ?

then we'll advise you on what to do Wink
ppic Wrote:if you change setting after you've scraped you library, you'll need either to remove and rescrap your library or refresh informations on each show info screen to get posters !

the first is to know, what kind of image do you want to use ?
banner / landscape / poster ?

then we'll advise you on what to do Wink

I want to achieve the same result as Mcborzu in post #354.

EDIT
Thank you for your help, I finally got it running like I wanted!
Does anyone here have this skin sorted to play trailers pressing down with Apple TV 2g?

Cheers
flaviosa Wrote:Does anyone here have this skin sorted to play trailers pressing down with Apple TV 2g?

Cheers

Sorry bud, if you were talking about Poster view looks like error was on my end all along:

Line 17, Viewtype_Poster.xml:

Change:

<ondown>2448</ondown>

to

<ondown>2449</ondown>

mcborzu Wrote:Sorry bud, if you were talking about Poster view looks like error was on my end all along:

Line 17, Viewtype_Poster.xml:

Change:

<ondown>2448</ondown>

to

<ondown>2449</ondown>
Brilliant! is working!!!!

How can I play in full screen?

Thank you mate!
idoru17 Wrote:
Quote:I want to achieve the same result as Mcborzu in post #354.

EDIT
Thank you for your help, I finally got it running like I wanted!

N.B: As I'm new xbmc user I just can't tell if this is xmbc fault or the skin, but I find it really really odd (and not ergonomic at all) to have to spend x amount of time to refresh a (10_seasons X n_episodes) serie just for the change of a banner to a poster ! Don't you ?
Question 
I am using The Carmichael Skins on a ATV2 with the Keith XBMC version from 1st April. I got the recentlyadded script working and trailer press down issue solved with the help of the forum but I got stucked with random item.
At the video and tv show menue screen I only get 3 blank white boxes.
Can anybody help me this problem?
Thanks in advance
dkandy64 Wrote:I am using The Carmichael Skins on a ATV2 with the Keith XBMC version from 1st April. I got the recentlyadded script working and trailer press down issue solved with the help of the forum but I got stucked with random item.
At the video and tv show menue screen I only get 3 blank white boxes.
Can anybody help me this problem?
Thanks in advance

No clue as I don't use ATV or am I using Nightlies. On Windows 7 with Dharma 10.1 everything is normal. Do you have the script?

Question 
mcborzu Wrote:No clue as I don't use ATV or am I using Nightlies. On Windows 7 with Dharma 10.1 everything is normal. Do you have the script?

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the standard script which comes with "Carmichael"-Skin.
I haven't figured out a way to upload the script as Zip. So I hope it it's ok to do it via copy paste

addon.xml
----------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <addon id="script.randomitems" name="Random Items script" version="1.0.11" provider-name="Hitcher">
- <requires>
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0" />
</requires>
<extension point="xbmc.python.library" library="RandomItems.py" />
- <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
<summary lang="en">Random Items script</summary>
<description lang="en">Script to get Random Videos and Music from the database.</description>
<platform>all</platform>
</extension>
</addon>
----------------
RandomItem.py comes with the next post

Thanks
Dkandy64
Question 
@mcborzu

RandomItem.py is to big (too much characters)
Dkandy64
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC8