• 26(current)
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC
dkandy64 Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the standard script which comes with "Carmichael"-Skin.
I haven't figured out a way to upload the script as Zip. So I hope it it's ok to do it via copy paste

addon.xml
----------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <addon id="script.randomitems" name="Random Items script" version="1.0.11" provider-name="Hitcher">
- <requires>
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0" />
</requires>
<extension point="xbmc.python.library" library="RandomItems.py" />
- <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
<summary lang="en">Random Items script</summary>
<description lang="en">Script to get Random Videos and Music from the database.</description>
<platform>all</platform>
</extension>
</addon>
----------------
RandomItem.py comes with the next post

Thanks
Dkandy64

Well if you got the script then that solves easy problem one. What did you mean by "I got the recentlyadded script working"? Did you have to do anything? The Random script is basically the exact same script with a few lines changed. But again I see a ton of little problems posts with ATV2, granted its very new, and a few problems with nightlies, again nightlies are adding/changing features...So hard to pinpoint.

Try other skins - I know Night, Alaska and Transparency! use Random script so if they strike out too probably best to post is the dedicated Apple/Mac forum...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
if you run a nightly build of xbmc, you can get updated versions
of the recentlyadded and randomitems scripts here:
http://code.google.com/p/transparency-xb...loads/list
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Just want to clarify something for my own sanity and so i can make sure i get the right files set up Smile

for poster views, does it look for the poster.jpg file or just folder.jpg file?
for banner views, it will look for banner.jpg when you set that in the skin correct?
same for landscape view, it will look for landscape.jpg when you set that in the skin.

Right now my folder.jpg files are banners and I want to know the "proper" way to set up the posters.

Thanks
Thumbs Up 
ronie Wrote:if you run a nightly build of xbmc, you can get updated versions
of the recentlyadded and randomitems scripts here:
http://code.google.com/p/transparency-xb...loads/list

Thanks Ronie. That solved the problem.
Dkandy
mcborzu Wrote:Well if you got the script then that solves easy problem one. What did you mean by "I got the recentlyadded script working"? Did you have to do anything? The Random script is basically the exact same script with a few lines changed. But again I see a ton of little problems posts with ATV2, granted its very new, and a few problems with nightlies, again nightlies are adding/changing features...So hard to pinpoint.

Try other skins - I know Night, Alaska and Transparency! use Random script so if they strike out too probably best to post is the dedicated Apple/Mac forum...

To answer the question. I got the in the from the forum sector where the recentlyadded script was discussed and used the last updated version. That solved the problem.
With Ronie's hint I now was able to solve the randomitem issue.
Everythings works great now.
And sorry ... I love the Carmichael skinSmile
Thanks a lot.
This is a great forum!
Dkandy
May i translate to portuguese and send to you?
Veoden Wrote:May i translate to portuguese and send to you?

Sounds great, either PM or post here

Posted about PsudoTV in thier thread asking if the guide could be redone as I find it unusable because everything is so small. I use the charmicheal skin, is the guide able to be redone for better readablity with your skin?
mudwater Wrote:Posted about PsudoTV in thier thread asking if the guide could be redone as I find it unusable because everything is so small. I use the charmicheal skin, is the guide able to be redone for better readablity with your skin?

It uses the default Pseudo skin and looks normal for me, I might make a specific one for 'The Carmichael' but the default one looks exactly how it should to me...

mcborzu Wrote:It uses the default Pseudo skin and looks normal for me, I might make a specific one for 'The Carmichael' but the default one looks exactly how it should to me...

Love it if you made one that fit better with the colors and feel of the skin, font just seems to small for me and the guide just doesn't seem right to me with the font that small. Have my fingers crossed.
Hi mcborzu,

I'm a big fan of Night, but I think Carmichael is so much cooler! The colours, speed and the design makes it more fun to use than Night. Just a couple of quick questions:

1. How do I update Carmichael? I tried to install the SVN skin through passion repo addon but its not working, and git pull doesn't work the way it does with Night.

2. Will you be implementing some of the features of Night? Such as show the FF and RW speed? And also add a Shutdown option to the home screen directly instead of going through settings -> shutdown -> then choose shutdown button?
contentedbloke Wrote:Hi mcborzu,

I'm a big fan of Night, but I think Carmichael is so much cooler! The colours, speed and the design makes it more fun to use than Night. Just a couple of quick questions:

1. How do I update Carmichael? I tried to install the SVN skin through passion repo addon but its not working, and git pull doesn't work the way it does with Night.

2. Will you be implementing some of the features of Night? Such as show the FF and RW speed? And also add a Shutdown option to the home screen directly instead of going through settings -> shutdown -> then choose shutdown button?

1. Dont think there is much difference between the Repo and GIT versions at the moment, nothing big atleast

2. RW FF indicators, dont have an idea if I want yet...The shutdown on Home under Settings or 'Press S'

Hi mcborzu

Well done with the skin...

Suggestions or maybe what am I doing wrong?

1 - Addon support, I can only add a few addons not all of them to the custom screen, one I can't add is Youtube but Apple trailers lite is fine.

2 - I have a mythTV backend on my server and use mythbox on XBMC to watch the recordings, odd thing with this skin is the menus for mythbox have no words but when I use any other skin including night all is OK. Here is a screenshot, the seven tabs on the left should have words but...

I plan on trying on this skin tonight looks very slick.
Wonder if it is possible to show recently added while focused on a custom home item? For instance, my custom home item is a smart playlist with only Animated shows (genre) - I would love for the recently added episodes to still be viewable while on this item.

• 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC8