• 28(current)
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC
As I have more time these days and already working on another translation, I thought that maybe it was time for me to do the french translation we talked about.
You mentionned a Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.carmichael\language\English so I checked the french folder one to update it and found that it had nothing to do as when using XBMC with the french updated strings still gives me wrong sentences, like in the lower right pane in Series TV : "ALEATOIRES EPISODES" instead of "EPISODES ALEATOIRES" (my french updated strings).

I checked at the same time the french XBMC strings in x:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\language\French to find that many strings weren't localized. So, I'm on it, both should be done in a couple of days (the Carmichael is already done).

By the way, which code is returned by the Exit button when you press S. I'm trying to configure it for a microsoft media center remote without luck : the best I could do was to send the 's' code then chose exit.
idoru17 Wrote:As I have more time these days and already working on another translation, I thought that maybe it was time for me to do the french translation we talked about.
You mentionned a Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.carmichael\language\English so I checked the french folder one to update it and found that it had nothing to do as when using XBMC with the french updated strings still gives me wrong sentences, like in the lower right pane in Series TV : "ALEATOIRES EPISODES" instead of "EPISODES ALEATOIRES" (my french updated strings).

I checked at the same time the french XBMC strings in x:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\language\French to find that many strings weren't localized. So, I'm on it, both should be done in a couple of days (the Carmichael is already done).

By the way, which code is returned by the Exit button when you press S. I'm trying to configure it for a microsoft media center remote without luck : the best I could do was to send the 's' code then chose exit.

The press 'S' code is DialogButtonMenu.xml

Yea either ppic or maxoo did the french translations but there are probably out of date, so if you get those thats cool, thx...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Love the theme. It's by far my favourite. Just one problem I have, On the main page it shows now playing album/song, I would like to change it to artist/song, can anyone explain how I do that?

EDIT: Don't worry figured it out. Smile
mcborzu Wrote:The press 'S' code is DialogButtonMenu.xml

Yea either ppic or maxoo did the french translations but there are probably out of date, so if you get those thats cool, thx...

Not the S as I already manage it natively on the remote by just sending an S, but the code to the exit button in the buttons panel opened by that S, shortening by a step my program's exit.
in the same department, I am wondering if keycodes are skin related or if they are pertaining to xbmc as I looked without luck for the code showing the option bar (view modes, sort, files and search) when you're at the leftmost row and you press the left arrow : it's just pain in the ass being at the rightmost row and having to navigate to the [leftmost row + one more left arrow] to get it.
idoru17 Wrote:Not the S as I already manage it natively on the remote by just sending an S, but the code to the exit button in the buttons panel opened by that S, shortening by a step my program's exit.

Don't bother, I figured it (the PC button on the mce remote does it : it closes xbmc all by itself without having to navigate thru choices)
Well, I've uploaded in the cloud the french localized (and minor corrected) strings https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?...5f75b9a766.

There is some issue though in the Music/Movies/HD Movies/Weather and Series sections :

- For the Music/movies/HD Movies/Series sections, in the screen down right section it is displayed (depending on the section) "Aléatoire xxxx" (random xxx) when it should be "xxx aléatoires" (xxx random).

- In the HD Movies section, the central column with choices, displays a non localized string "Random HD Movies", a string I didn't find in the string file.

- In the weather section, the first two choices of the central column are in english. Also the 3 days forecast uses for the max temp the string id=13508 (if I'm not mistaken) pertaining to A/V synchronisation which translate in french as 'High' when it should be 'Max." (with the string id=393) (and I'll have to change the value for low, AKA string id=391).

I also took a look at XBMC strings file to discover many misinterpretations, rough translations and bad use of english word (AKA playlist), sometimes used as an english word and other times used as a gendered french word (playliste), so I made the proper corrections and uploaded itto github. I launched XBMC with it's new strings file to notice no differences so I guess it is on the skin coding....

And at last, I'll have to make some minor changes to XBMC strings file, adding some dots (.) at the end of subtitles in parameters.
@mcborzu: This skin deserves to be in the completed skin forum. Are you working on it for eden compatibility? Does the git version work on nightlies?

May be you should include studio logos and weather+ support, if possible.

Awaiting for your answer.

Thanks for any reply, in advance
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
bandelguy Wrote:@mcborzu: This skin deserves to be in the completed skin forum. Are you working on it for eden compatibility? Does the git version work on nightlies?

May be you should include studio logos and weather+ support, if possible.

Awaiting for your answer.

Thanks for any reply, in advance

I like things to be quiet, so no need for a forum. Actually I'm close to finishing another skin and it helps my workflow to only use the skin I'm working on so I can see errors and whatnot...so I haven't used Night or Carmichael much lately

mcborzu Wrote:I like things to be quiet, so no need for a forum. Actually I'm close to finishing another skin and it helps my workflow to only use the skin I'm working on so I can see errors and whatnot...so I haven't used Night or Carmichael much lately

Now you broke the silence! Smile Another skin?
Great news ...
where is "Appearance" section in this skin? want to change skin but cant find it under settings.
oyvindq Wrote:where is "Appearance" section in this skin? want to change skin but cant find it under settings.

same spot as always - Setting->Appearance

mcborzu Wrote:I like things to be quiet, so no need for a forum. Actually I'm close to finishing another skin and it helps my workflow to only use the skin I'm working on so I can see errors and whatnot...so I haven't used Night or Carmichael much lately

Regarding bugs, what about the one :
- go to file mode
- bring contextual menu ©
- change medias
- choose files
- choose profile folder in either panes

= overflowing list.

By the way, you didn't answer my previous questions...
Just wanted to know if there is any way to change the "Recently Added Episodes" in the TV Shows section to "Recently Added TV Shows" or "Recently Added Seasons"? Because not all people update the TV shows episode-wise and some like me just update it season wise.

Once more reiterating that this should be in the completed skins forum as its one of the best out there!
Hi, Have seasonXX.tbn files all stored with my media they display fine most of the time.

If the show has 2 seasons (flattened if only 1) it shows like this:

It is focused on all seasons which works when clicking enter but doesn't show the thumb.

It should look like this:

Any idea how to get it to display the all season correct? It happens on all shows with only 2 seasons scanned in.

UPDATE: Managed to sort it out within the XML files. Also I have managed to remove some errors when in full screen music. If you want to know how just ask.

Thanks
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC8