[WIP] Solace - a new skin for XBMC based on MC360 blade theme

Some of you have probably seen the thread Jezz_X started a while back (early 2009) in the MC360 forums where he revealed screenshots of a MC360-like skin based on Basics-Vision he had been working on, then he eventually released what he had of it.
Well I have started on throwing my own twist on it and working out some new views, working out those incomplete dialogs, throwing a little MC360 flavor back in, etc. I have finally chosen a name "solace" for this skin and progress has been coming along nicely and I am happy with what I've got so far.
Thanks so much Jezz_X for all of your hard work and I hope over the coming couple of months I will have completely redone things and I eventually want this to have the EPG features as well as be very customizable via skin settings. I can hardly put my laptop down and stop doing more.

EDIT:
I am happy with where it is currently at, though it is still VERY premature and still needs quite a bit of fixing up/cleaning up. It is a WIP and should be treated as one. So please, I know that there are things missing and things that aren't aligned correctly just save bug reports until after 0.0.3. I know it's just as stable as Jezz_X's release of this a while back just a little more complete. There is a bit of borrowed code from Confluence.
Tell me what you think about it.

2shared:DOWNLOAD HERE (dl size: 8.43MB)
MediFire: DOWNLOAD HERE (dl size: 8.43MB)

Thanks for trying this out and stay tuned for the next release.

cheers-
DukeOfTheWicked

(screenshots coming shortly)
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Cougar Evolution - AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4ghz w/ custom Noctua 3-fan Cooler - 16gb DDR3 1866 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - Nvidia GTX570 superclocked -
SeaSonic Platinum 860W PSU - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - 8TB storage
Mouse- Cyborg R.A.T. 5 Keyboard- Mad Catz V.7
Nice work dude looking very nice the views are great will be interested in seeing how it turns out
Nice glad I could help you get started
Will definetely check this out,..
Very Nice Work so far.

Greetz,
Ubuntuf4n
Thanks for the compliments, I am sure it makes Jezz_X blush a little too. His work on this was 98% of the heavy lifting after all. Wink

I just hope that soon it will be in the official addons repository and all will be enjoying itNod
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Cougar Evolution - AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4ghz w/ custom Noctua 3-fan Cooler - 16gb DDR3 1866 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - Nvidia GTX570 superclocked -
Hopefully it runs as smooth as the original MC360 did.
The animations should be smoother I redid them all from scratch instead of hacking on the old ones like I did with the original 360 skin when we made it
Duke refering to this screenshot
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6678/...t007ms.png and this one http://i54.tinypic.com/15d6ov6.jpg I would like to point out that "scripts" window was actually removed from XBMC pre Dharma so you don't need to have both Scripts and Programs they are now 1
Jezz_X Wrote:Duke refering to this screenshot
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6678/...t007ms.png and this one http://i54.tinypic.com/15d6ov6.jpg I would like to point out that "scripts" window was actually removed from XBMC pre Dharma so you don't need to have both Scripts and Programs they are now 1

And I remember that happening too. Thanks for the reminder because I woulda
just kept going like nothing was different.

And I would have to agree with Jezz_X, I DO think that the animations in this are smoother than the ones in MC360. Snappier for sure too.
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Added: Shine to homebuttons ala MC360
Added: Descriptive texts to homebutton items ala MC360
Fixed: Player Controls navigation in Guide window
Fixed: Got rid of old 'scripts' windows and buttons left over (replaced with 'Favorites' in the guide)-thanks for reminding me jezz_x
Added: New View Type "Media Info" for the video library

Thats it for now soon I'll be showing off the new music and video OSD.
Stay tuned.
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
looking really good, keep up the good work.
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
Always been a fan of the blade user interface.
Mardagg Wrote:Always been a fan of the blade user interface.

Yeah, me too!

EDIT:

Possible names (other than Take2).....
1> Verve
2> Animate
3> Vim
4> eXuberance
5> Solace

Can I get some opinions?
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
I say: Solace
XBMCG33K Wrote:I say: Solace

I'll second that
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Solace - a new skin for XBMC based on MC360 blade theme2