[WIP] Solace - a new skin for XBMC based on MC360 blade theme
Why not Blade? Smile
"Blade" is a good one that fits. Really I would like to leave this one up to the community and which ever one the majority likes is what I'll end up going with. So Blade is a possibility, if anyone else likes it speak up.
All of my ideas for names are synonyms for "alive" EXCEPT Solace which is a synonym for "Entertain".

I personally like Verve and Solace the best.
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Cougar Evolution - AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4ghz w/ custom Noctua 3-fan Cooler - 16gb DDR3 1866 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - Nvidia GTX570 superclocked -
SeaSonic Platinum 860W PSU - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - 8TB storage
Mouse- Cyborg R.A.T. 5 Keyboard- Mad Catz V.7
made quite a few changes to the dialogvideoinfo.xml (no more right runner popping out, replaced with guide blade among many other changes) thus resulting in...

So I have decided to not wait any longer before officially setting the name in stone. I would like this to be called "Solace", Take2 was just temporary like I stated from the beginning. If a mod can change the name of this thread that would be great.
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Cougar Evolution - AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4ghz w/ custom Noctua 3-fan Cooler - 16gb DDR3 1866 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - Nvidia GTX570 superclocked -
looking good can't wait for the beta
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
Looking good man! Glad you picked solace as well Wink
Just thought I'd share something a little different yet very familiar.

One thing that I would really like to be able to do with solace is have backwards compatablity with the old MC360 themes. As it is the default themes MC360 came with from SVN work great as shown above, however, user created themes that have a wallpaper bg gets horribly stretched... So a little effort would have to go into making them perfect.
If someone wanted their old MC360 theme to look right in solace they'd have to replace their bg's with widescreen images.
If anyone is interested in getting some of their old unprotected xpr's from MC360 to be among the first themes for solace drop me a PM and I will help to make it happen.

cheers,
DukeOfTheWicked
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
OK, solace 0.0.1. is out!!
Go to the very first post in this thread to download, enjoy!

-cheers,
DukeOfTheWicked
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Look very nice and cool!

I can't download the file right now but...
Are the textures uncompressed or compressed to xpr?
Would like to give it a go on the Xbox...

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
They are all just sitting in the media folder. No XPR's or XBT's.
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Love too try out your skin but having problems with downloading:
Unassigned file limit of 10 downloads reached.
DukeOfTheWicked Wrote:They are all just sitting in the media folder. No XPR's or XBT's.

Thanks Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
espengaasemyr Wrote:Love too try out your skin but having problems with downloading:
Unassigned file limit of 10 downloads reached.

Sorry about that, I didn't see this any sooner cause I went to bedSmile I am fixing that right now. Try the link in a few minutes. or click here scroll to the bottom to "Save File to your PC". enjoy.

*going back to bed*
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
thanks dudeSmile
Glad to see this old beast being brought back to life Big Grin

maybe on the info screen for media make the fanart just a little transparent so its not so bright.
I was wanting to make a few more changes to that and that will be one of them.
My XBMC/Gaming rig:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Solace - a new skin for XBMC based on MC360 blade theme2