[WIP] Solace - a new skin for XBMC based on MC360 blade theme
Mind uploading it to somewhere like mediafire or hotfile? 2shared is a bunch of crap for me sometimes.

Cheers.
Yeah, I can do that and update my first post with alternate links.
Right now I am uploading through mediafire, I'd give it no more than 10 minutes.
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Cougar Evolution - AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4ghz w/ custom Noctua 3-fan Cooler - 16gb DDR3 1866 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - Nvidia GTX570 superclocked -
SeaSonic Platinum 860W PSU - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - 8TB storage
Mouse- Cyborg R.A.T. 5 Keyboard- Mad Catz V.7
Cheers then man. I really wanna see what you have done Smile
It's there. And please don't get your hopes up cause like I said before it still needs alot, plus i'm still learningSmile
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Cougar Evolution - AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4ghz w/ custom Noctua 3-fan Cooler - 16gb DDR3 1866 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - Nvidia GTX570 superclocked -
Very nice so far man! Just a small suggestion on the media view though. In the image you can see the rectangles showing jagged edges on your posters, Xperience had the same issue with the slanted wallview we added, and to fix that all you have to do is add a 1px transparent border all the way around it (the diffuse I believe). That will remove the jagged edges, also the gap from the bottom of the poster to the reflection your using is way too large IMHO...

Other than that the skin does really look quite nice and functions pretty well.

I'd also suggest (till I see more lol) in list view making all the poster images the same size/aspect ratio Smile
Thanks for the kind words and suggestions, i'll look into how exactly to fix the jaggies and the other things are getting fixed right now. I am also trying to figure out how to add 'Recently Added' cause i know how that feature is a big one for many.

cheers,
-DOTW
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Rocky5 Wrote:Glad to see this old beast being brought back to life Big Grin

maybe on the info screen for media make the fanart just a little transparent so its not so bright.

@ Rocky5
How about a little color diffuse...
Before:
After:
?
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Much nicer Smile And maybe a reflection under the banner?
I just started to post my final layout of the TVShows area of this dialog and then I saw your suggestion of adding a reflection so I went back and added that too..so..I think this is about it.......
-Everything can be as long as it needs to be (genre, titles, plot textbox scrolls)
-The fanart is faded a little
-Reflection is there
-Redone for sanity
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
The episode title is a bit hard to see, my only suggestion for that would be a bold white text rather than thin yellow Smile
XBMCG33K Wrote:The episode title is a bit hard to see, my only suggestion for that would be a bold white text rather than thin yellow Smile

Alright then, maybe you're on to something there.

How are these^?
Everything has a black shadow and if you ask me, everything is easy to read.
first aired, genre, year, and rating values are white instead of grey so that's easier to read
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Much cleaner mate!
DukeOfTheWicked Wrote:@ Rocky5
How about a little color diffuse...
After:
?

Bit darker so its visible but the text pops out, as that is still hard to see from a distance, even on a 42inch TV.
OK, maybe this...
Before:

After:
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Perfect Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Solace - a new skin for XBMC based on MC360 blade theme2