• 3(current)
SAMBA-Server built-into XBMC (share SMB/CIFS from Xbox)
nobody is working on it, atleast not that i know.
i did have a look at it a while ago and to be short, it's alomost impossible to get the samba server working on the xbox (unless you are running linux ofcours)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

damn! well, maybe someday :lookaround:

awsome application anyway!
i just want to add my vote to "smb server in xbmc would be cool".

i realise there are technical problems, but if someone could have a go at it, i'm another person who could really use it to stream between two xbox's.
Sad 
to clear up some space on my computer, i moved my music, pics, and videos to my xbox. is there a way to access these files on my pc other than ftp, like an xmbc smb server?

i would like to access them from time to time when i'm using my laptop in another section of the house.

i was thinking about putting a small linux distro to act as a file server, but i'm not to keen on the idea of moving 50gb back onto my computer so i can format my xbox f drive.
no
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

make it a debug xbox
i have the xenium ice chip. since it has a samba server, how would i set this up then?
Quote:i have the xenium ice chip.  since it has a samba server, how would i set this up then?

have you got this?

xenium-os v2.0 user manual

it tells you how to set it up. i can't get mine to work but i'm still running xenium os v2 pre-release. later releases are supposed to address some of the smb issues, if you're game enough to upgrade that is. i'm happy with ftp.
acutaly i got smb shares working! i have the pre-release also. the only issue is that you have to use dhcp in order to use the smb server. works perfectly though.
hello

i love xbmc alot very very cool software makes the xbox worth 10x more....

but i hate ftp sorry i just cant stand ftp transfers there so boring logging everything damn thing thats transfered and you have to log in and run another program its just stupid cant even double click a picture without downloading it...  Confusedleep:

i was wondering if xbmc could run a samba server similar too gentoox too allow the xbox to show out its hard drives/dvd drive so you could map network drives. making it easyer to edit and install files too the xbox it would also be nice so you can play video / music / pictures over the network so you wouldnt have to have 2 copys of everything. (i take my xbox too friends houses alot and i like having my videos/music/pictures with me)

this would be a really awesome idea becuse if your computer has a capture card you could have ur capture program save right into ur video folder on your xbox so when you get home from work/or where ever you could just sit down pop on the tv/xbox and watch ur recorded show.

thanks alot keep up the good work :kickass:

arh21
you know what i hate. when someone registers and makes their first post to this forum as a "me too" or a " i didnt search before asking this" or in this case "i know its already been answered in the same thread as im asking again" type question...
no
the answer is no it cant run a server.

did you even read this thread??
Thumbs Up 
i figured a way that works better than opening up an ftp client, but it's still ftp.... just doesn't look like it.

you can access all the content in windows explorer but can't stream anything or view thumbnails and stuff cause its still ftp. you can browse the content and if you want something specific, copy it to your computer and view it locally.

here's how to set it up.
if you right click on my computer and choose map network drive.
then click the text link at the bottom "sign up for online storage or connect to a network server."
then for the address enter info like this: ftp://xbox:[email protected] ... where the ip is your xboxs...

then it will show up in windows explorer. remember it's using ftp but it just is easier then firing up an ftp client, for me at least.

and i also would love a samba server to be added to xbmc... being able to stream content from the xbox (espically since everyone has huge hard drives in them with all there media) would be awesome.... nothings impossible Wink
Exclamation 
ok ok... total noob at xmbc Smile
so bare with me, maybe i missed this post elsewhere
but i would like to be able to browse my xbox from my pc via smb
is this even possibleHuh
i can see my network and all the shares from the xmbc so beauty eh Wink
but i would like to know how to do the opposite brose the xbox via pc
so setting up shares on the xbox??
ok i think thats enough re-iterating
thanks for all your help everyone!!
manual, see my signature

thanks for getting back so quick
im not sure what you are saying though... was my post against the rules or is what im asking in the manual
if it is im a complete retard and apologize to everyone.. im still going through it Smile
any guidence would be a beauty

thanks again
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SAMBA-Server built-into XBMC (share SMB/CIFS from Xbox)0