• 13(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
Version 0.9.19

Changes:
- Fixed a bug preventing images/links from showing in the post view (I found one before you did hasselhof Smile )
- Add option in settings to select 'Dark' skin (and obviously added a dark skin)

On my REPO.
hi ruuk can i request to be able to make thread subscriptions please ? and is it feasable to be able to see reputation? Thanks

lol

(2012-04-12, 22:57)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.19

Changes:
- Fixed a bug preventing images/links from showing in the post view (I found one before you did hasselhof Smile )
- Add option in settings to select 'Dark' skin (and obviously added a dark skin)

On my REPO.

lol will check it out asap
(2012-04-12, 22:59)hasselhof Wrote: hi ruuk can i request to be able to make thread subscriptions please ? and is it feasable to be able to see reputation? Thanks

Yeah I plan on the adding the ability to subscribe to threads, as well a view forum subscriptions.
I just looked at the api, and it looks like there is a way to get a list of extended key/value pairs of additional user information. Maybe it's in there. I'll look.
(2012-04-12, 23:06)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 22:59)hasselhof Wrote: hi ruuk can i request to be able to make thread subscriptions please ? and is it feasable to be able to see reputation? Thanks

Yeah I plan on the adding the ability to subscribe to threads, as well a view forum subscriptions.
I just looked at the api, and it looks like there is a way to get a list of extended key/value pairs of additional user information. Maybe it's in there. I'll look.

I looked at the extended info and it was blank (at least for this forum) Maybe future versions of the plugin will have it.
(2012-04-12, 22:57)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.19

Changes:

On my REPO.

Im loving the new dark skin looking realy pfofesionol! I could do with a spell checker lol images are indeed viewable again

when adding forums to the online database, a popup would be nice showing confirmation.Also when changing skins you have to do a forum browser restart to activate it.
(2012-04-12, 23:43)hasselhof Wrote: when adding forums to the online database, a popup would be nice showing confirmation.Also when changing skins you have to do a forum browser restart to activate it.
I'll add a popup, and I'll add '(requires restart)' next to the setting until I want to put some time putting in the code for refreshing the skin without it (it's not that simple)

Thanks Im off to bed speak to you soon, as I say I can do more testing over the weekend
Version 0.9.20

Changes:
- Added confirmation dialog when adding forums to online database
- Added '(requires restart)' next to skin setting description
- Threads with new/unread posts are now bold
- Added 'Subscribe To Thread' option in posts list (I will add it as an option from a context menu in the threads list and add an unsubscribe option later)
- Improved finding of forums and finding of description/images
- Added (WORK IN PROGRESS) Forumrunner support

The forumrunner support is unfinished (No logins, no posting, etc) but since putting it in required a change to the online database, I needed to put this version up to be compatible. Adding forums works the same as before, but now it will check against Tapatalk and Forumrunner formats.

On my REPO.

Version 0.9.21

Changes:
- Improved/fixed extracting of images from page when adding a forum

I noticed some problems that crept into the image extracting code.

On my REPO.
Hi ruuk

Repo still working ok recieved your latest update this morning v 0.9.21

The entry next to skin ie (Restart Required) is perfectly ok

the confirmation dialog is much better when adding forums to the online database, can we also have confirmation that the forums have been added/removed from the users local forum list, and "you have already added this forum" dialog ,also the same for favourites forums list.

I noticed that on the settings screen you can still see the underlying forum, which makes it difficult to make your setting changes see screenshots

Link to screenshots http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/

Is there anything that you can do to present the xbmx4xbox posts better ie there is a lot of extra letters and words included in the post titles see screenshot
some of the posts on xbmc4xbox include video tutorials, but there is no link to them via forum browser addon, also there is no subcribe to thread in the context menu for xbmc4xbox is this a forum limitation ie non tapatalk?

If I set my "open thread at newest post" to positive and "reverse sort posts" to positive I get my desired effect on xbmc.org but going to any other forum the settings are not carried across see what you think.

I have added some more forums to the online database, and I must say it is a much more uprated experienece I like the fact that it scrapes the description, and that you are presented with far more higher quality images to choose from, well done!! I did come across a small end user issue that when adding a brand new forum, I denied the inclusion to the online database just for testing purposes, I then found out I was happy with the new forum, and wanted to add it to the online database, but I dont think there is an option to do so, I had to remove the forum from my local m/c and re add the forum, and then include to the online database. Hope that made sense to you.

I also noticed that the larger forums take a while to load in and the pc seems to hang, and then does all my key presses in one quick go, this might confuse people a little, maybe a loading message i'm not sure.

Could I also request a window to ask if im sure I want to close down forum browser, as sometimes I can back right out of forum browser when I don't want to just to get to settings/change the forum etc.

Also is there any way to get post numbers in the info by avatar, as its good to quote the post number sometimes

After viewing images via forum browser, if I want to how would I download the images? I've noticed that some forums have images in the posts and they will display ok, then on some forums the images don't display, eg if you go to the "IGN" forum then go into mixed martial arts then find a post called "fan puts nick diaz gogoplata over his head" the entry by "charlie985" won't show the image.I will do some debugging on this.

The subscribe to thread option was exactly what I was looking for, cool

A couple of the forums I've added to the online database I noticed were something to do with Forumrunner, having read a bit about it, it seems to be a good addition to the browser addon.

I think the way I've been adding forums to the online database is a bit hit and miss,ie trial and error, I think some of the failed entries would be ok It's just the way i've been typing them in format wise, I wonder if there is a better way of finding compatible forums.

I await your thoughts Big Grin

atb

John
Just a quick note to hasselhof as I'm at work and on my phone. I'll get back to you on the other items later, but xbmc4xbox is now tapatalk enabled and (I think) I already added it to the db.
(2012-04-14, 14:05)hasselhof Wrote: the confirmation dialog is much better when adding forums to the online database, can we also have confirmation that the forums have been added/removed from the users local forum list, and "you have already added this forum" dialog ,also the same for favourites forums list.
Will do
(2012-04-14, 14:05)hasselhof Wrote: I noticed that on the settings screen you can still see the underlying forum, which makes it difficult to make your setting changes see screenshots

Link to screenshots http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/
That's an issue with the transparency skin, is it not?
(2012-04-14, 14:05)hasselhof Wrote: Is there anything that you can do to present the xbmx4xbox posts better ie there is a lot of extra letters and words included in the post titles see screenshot
some of the posts on xbmc4xbox include video tutorials, but there is no link to them via forum browser addon, also there is no subcribe to thread in the context menu for xbmc4xbox is this a forum limitation ie non tapatalk?
See my last post, and let me know if you still have issues.
(2012-04-14, 14:05)hasselhof Wrote: If I set my "open thread at newest post" to positive and "reverse sort posts" to positive I get my desired effect on xbmc.org but going to any other forum the settings are not carried across see what you think.
I'll look at it
(2012-04-14, 14:05)hasselhof Wrote: I have added some more forums to the online database, and I must say it is a much more uprated experienece I like the fact that it scrapes the description, and that you are presented with far more higher quality images to choose from, well done!! I did come across a small end user issue that when adding a brand new forum, I denied the inclusion to the online database just for testing purposes, I then found out I was happy with the new forum, and wanted to add it to the online database, but I dont think there is an option to do so, I had to remove the forum from my local m/c and re add the forum, and then include to the online database. Hope that made sense to you.
Yeah I've thought about that also. Will add an option.
(2012-04-14, 14:05)hasselhof Wrote: I also noticed that the larger forums take a while to load in and the pc seems to hang, and then does all my key presses in one quick go, this might confuse people a little, maybe a loading message i'm not sure.
Well there are the messages at the top, but maybe a nice animated loading icon would be nice.
(2012-04-14, 14:05)hasselhof Wrote: Could I also request a window to ask if im sure I want to close down forum browser, as sometimes I can back right out of forum browser when I don't want to just to get to settings/change the forum etc.
I can add that as an option from settings.
(2012-04-14, 14:05)hasselhof Wrote: Also is there any way to get post numbers in the info by avatar, as its good to quote the post number sometimes
I've thought of that. I'll add it eventually Smile
(2012-04-14, 14:05)hasselhof Wrote: After viewing images via forum browser, if I want to how would I download the images? I've noticed that some forums have images in the posts and they will display ok, then on some forums the images don't display, eg if you go to the "IGN" forum then go into mixed martial arts then find a post called "fan puts nick diaz gogoplata over his head" the entry by "charlie985" won't show the image.I will do some debugging on this.
Do you mean it doesn't show up in the image list at all, or that it is there but fails to display?
(2012-04-14, 14:05)hasselhof Wrote: A couple of the forums I've added to the online database I noticed were something to do with Forumrunner, having read a bit about it, it seems to be a good addition to the browser addon.
Well, I thought I'd see how hard it would be to add, and then got carried away Smile I will probably add other api interfaces if they are available, but since I had to break the database interface to handle more than one api, I figured I should do it before I submit to the repo and more people are using it. Now that I've added the one, it will be easy to add more without disruption to database interface.
(2012-04-14, 14:05)hasselhof Wrote: I think the way I've been adding forums to the online database is a bit hit and miss,ie trial and error, I think some of the failed entries would be ok It's just the way i've been typing them in format wise, I wonder if there is a better way of finding compatible forums.
I know. It's on my mind, but I don't have any usable ideas yet. Ideally I need access to the forum databases from Tapatalk and Forumrunner. But as they are paid apps, they aren't sharing that with the public Smile

Hi ruuk

I've asked over at the Transparency forum thread about the setting screen issue I'm having

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83643&page=64

John.
Hi ruuk

XBMC.org had a bit of outage today again, it played havok with forum browser here is the log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1577

a message did popup after quite a while (about maybe 60 secs) saying to the effect forum not available, but I was impatient and started clicking around tryed to change the forum and the online database appeared blank,then it was unresponsive, (which is to be expected) but I'm thinking my reaction would be the same as most people's, so maybe a message sooner to say xbmc.org (or whatever forum is active) is down.......

I like the bold new unread posts at thread level, but once I go into posts ( I found a couple of new threads) read all the posts came back out to thread level, the text was still bold, but all posts within were read. I then closed forum browser and back in and the thread was not bold anymore.

The online database is getting a little busy, maybe you could categorise the database, like "sports", "health" etc

"After viewing images via forum browser, if I want to how would I download the images? I've noticed that some forums have images in the posts and they will display ok, then on some forums the images don't display, eg if you go to the "IGN" forum then go into mixed martial arts then find a post called "fan puts nick diaz gogoplata over his head" the entry by "Thenewcharlie985" won't show the image.I will do some debugging on this."

what I mean't for the above paragraph was that the link to the image is visible on screen in the post, but if I push right to access the image menu there isn't a menu appearance, the image in question is a .GIF. I've had a look at the xbmc.wiki and the list of supported images is
Digital picture/image formats: RAW image formats, BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, MNG, ICO, PCX and Targa/TGA . so I'm not sure why it's not showing.
Maybe if we can find a picture based forum we can test all the types of images.

hope all this isn't to overwhelming for you.

John.

Version 0.9.22

Changes:
- Another focus fix on forum errors
- Added loading icon on forums view (will extend to other views later)
- Added post numbers to posts
- Forumrunner - Added: Login, view subscriptions, subscribe to thread, post reply, edit post, view private messages and other improvements

On my REPO.

Sorry hasselhof, I got caught up coding, so I'll have to answer your questions tomorrow.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5