• 16(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
(2012-04-20, 19:34)ruuk Wrote: Could you be more specific? What are you getting?

Sorry, was a bit quick in posting lol.
What I should have said was is it supposed to use little pics for the smilies or just highlight the text?

(2012-04-20, 19:38)dj_gerbil Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 19:34)ruuk Wrote: Could you be more specific? What are you getting?
What I should have said was is it supposed to use little pics for the smilies or just highlight the text?

It transforms them as best it can and colors them. There is no way to embed images within the text on XBMC. Unless you know some undocumented thing that I don't...

(2012-04-20, 19:42)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 19:38)dj_gerbil Wrote:

It transforms them as best it can and colors them. There is no way to embed images within the text on XBMC. Unless you know some undocumented thing that I don't...

Errrr, not 100% sure, but you might be able to create custom chars as your creating a skin
although, like I said, not 100% sure.

Did have a thought about signatures though and how you could do them if you want Smile
Been checking out latest release ,will give my findings shortly

hi ruuk

my you have been busy

don't be put of by my comments, as this is an awesome addon, its come so far in the last two weeks,it's all constructive, so hold on to your hat.....

V0.9.28 tested on xbmcbuntu

VW vortex is working now ok, but I was having trouble seeing images in the following forum "art & design" > pin up girls, most of the coloured image links don't show, is there any way to show these types of links

Smiles - how do I do smiles with a remote/keyboard maybe this wil be in your up and coming help guide?

Dialog confirmations - add forum to favs- ok
- remove forum from favs - ok
- add forum from online database - ok
- remove forum from local m/c - ok
- set logins - ok
- clear logins - ok
- add current forum to online database(haven't added one yet,but it let me know that one already existed
- unsubscribe messages works in context menu from thread/post
- subscribe messages works in context menu from thread/post

the four buttons along the bottom of the main screen ie subscription messages etc could do with being focused in a different colour than that used to select the forums.Also the red progress bar at top right is dark red upon red, which is fine on the forum choice page, but when in thread and post pages, there isn't much difference in colour as the progress works along, it appears as the same colour red almost.

Fanart as you say isn't brilliant but better than none he he

Auto open on subscriptions is working a treat

Join date - is a nice extra - is there any way to make the avatar window a tiny bit wider to NOT allow scrolling of current info, I think this would look much better

Post numbers in full screen view is cool

Quotes within a quote are working nice and are as you say green, along with the quote being blue it's much easier to see what's going on

If I remove a local forum, and re-add it to my m/c from the online data base, the online database graphic had gone blank.

I like the way you have allowed renaming of saved images with an underscore in the title, saves you having to rename the images.

if I'm in a forum and i'm presented with more than one image, the first image I see has a left arrow and a right arrow at the bottom of image,but I couldn't get any key on the keyboard or button on remote to activate the left or right icons to shift to next image, in fact even if there is only one image to view the image is embedded with a left and right make believe icons.It's not a problem as such but it makes you think you can see the next image by pushing right on your remote.Maybe they are best removed.

Also I found out today, which is excellent that you can listen to music from your library while using forum browser.

I have also noticed that bold new threads/posts ARE in other forums than xbmc.org.

I like the fact that you take the time to update the changelog, some developers don't bother

Is there a way you can identify a Tapatalk forum from a forumrunner forum with maybe an icon or text.I'm not sure how to tell the difference but I think the forumrunner forums load a lot quicker and are generally a lot speedier in use.

I've noticed if I press skip back on my remote I can jump a page backwards at post level, with no xbmc messages appearing, same for forwards, but I get a message saying "playlist" "can't find next item to play" but it does actually jump forward a page.

Good idea about the encryption of passwords.
am I right when I say that the padlock icon appears when the ssl option is ticked and the icon is displayed when a secure connection to that forum is made, regardless of weather i'm logged in or not.Can you furher explain in laymans terms for me how you would use the "encryption key file option" what type of file do I browse for or create, what extension does this file have and it's contents?

I've noticed that there is a bit of screen debris left at some points of usage, ie if I click "change forum", then , imeadialtley click back without selecting a forum on my remote i'm left with overlays on screen(I'm not sure if that's what it's called)

can you confirm that the default skin is actually the light skin or are they different?

I've noticed on some forums, that they have headers like xbmc.org did, you removed the headers as they had a blank screen behind them I seem to remember. .The message says "There are no threads in this forum".

I added xbmc4xbox from online database again and it gave me a double entry in my local list.

When in dark skin the spinning icon is only one circle, I think it's the outside one, the inner swirl doesn't appear.

I've been through, all the online forums in the database and here is the forums with problems that I can see.

xbmchub, - blank posts - xbmchub they say they are very close to being ready

xbmc4xbox - has random text at the top of each post in < > these style brackets

dvhk.pl - "error getting posts try again"

isrbja.net - says no threads in this forum on some of the headers

extreme overclocking - says "error getting posts" " post security error user may not have permission" (I solved this message on the holiday truths forum be registering, maybe the message could be changed to "You need to register to see posts")

polygame - error getting forums

zetaminor - error getting forums "unknown encoding application / json

andriod forum - possible time out due to being a big forum

celeb forum - error getting forums, unknown encoding : text / json

maybe to solve a headache for you, delete these troublesome forums, as I added most of them when I was randomly adding forums to the database.

I lost track of the screenshots I was taking, but hopefully they are self explanitory.
Also the logs are from two sessions, you may well see the errors your looking for in there somewhere regarding the ssl/http fall back.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/

have a nice weekend mate,

atb

John

hasselhof

I'll get back to you on your giant-list-of-comments Smile later as I'm about to go to bed. As I've got smilies on the brain at the moment, I will say what I've been trying to do is format the smilies in the text so it's not just :mad: and the like. I haven't done any work on a menu of selectable smilies when editing posts, which is what I think is what you're talking about. One nice thing I've figured out I can do is make smiley images embedded in the text by modifying a font file. I'll have to make another mod option in the settings which will install the font into the skin. One other possible upshot of this is that if the mod is installed, I can use the same font on all skins for a uniform look. Some of the issues you mentioned with scrolling text are because the the fonts in the Transparency skin don't match up size-wise with the ones in Confluence, which is the skin I develop on.

Oh, and the encryption key file can be any file. You select it from settings. You just need one that doesn't change it's contents. As with the normal method, if someone can read the contents of the file, then they could decrypt your passwords. The main advatage of the file is that if someone has your settings file, they might be able to find/guess the usernames that are used in the default key, but the file is separate and the contents are arbitrary. I had the code already for my Evernote addon (the api Terms Of Use required encrypted passwords) so it was easy to add.

Anyway, as I said, I'll get back on the rest later.
(2012-04-20, 19:48)dj_gerbil Wrote: Did have a thought about signatures though and how you could do them if you want Smile

Well, the tapatalk api doesn't provide the signature at this time. The scraped forums generally get and display the signatures, but right now those forums are in a less than optimal state because some of my recent code for tapatalk has not been to friendly to the scraped forums. I'll be needing to go through and fix them soon. I'm basically waiting till I get the other stuff in, and then I can bend them to work with the new stuff (which is coded more intelligently).
Smiley test 2

Eek
Rofl
:~
Undecided
Blush
Love
Hi ruuk,

had a go at making a fanart, let me know what you think.
It's harder than you think isn't it. Blush

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/fanart.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hansel...lpaper.png

Version 0.9.29

Changes:
- Changed quote delimiters and removed italics
- Nested quotes now alternate color infinitely
- Skin mod install option now includes font modification
- Improved quote decorations
- Fix focus issues when forums list is empty

On my REPO.

When you first start this version of Forum Browser, it will ask you to install a skin mod. You want to say yes Smile
This will enable smiley images and the new pretty quote decorations. I've been slaving away, hacking at fonts and such, but I think the results are worth it.
The skin mod will also allow Forum Browser's skin to be the same no matter what XBMC skin it is running on (well in this version that is only true on the posts lists and message view, I'll change the rest later)

btw, Boxee seems to be completely broken. Yesterday it worked, today it doesn't show any forums.
All the scraper forums are going to have display issues, which I will work on fixing soon.
(2012-04-23, 21:39)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.29

Changes:

On my REPO.

When you first start this version of Forum Browser, it will ask you to install a skin mod. You want to say yes Smile
This will enable smiley images and the new pretty quote decorations. I've been slaving away, hacking at fonts and such, but I think the results are worth it.
The skin mod will also allow Forum Browser's skin to be the same no matter what XBMC skin it is running on (well in this version that is only true on the posts lists and message view, I'll change the rest later)

btw, Boxee seems to be completely broken. Yesterday it worked, today it doesn't show any forums.
All the scraper forums are going to have display issues, which I will work on fixing soon.

Spot on mate, glad to see my idea was useful Smile

Changes:

On my REPO.

test

(2012-04-23, 23:53)hasselhof Wrote:

Changes:

On my REPO.

test

testing

Changes:

On my REPO.

test

Changes:

On my REPO.

test

testing

testing again
hi ruuk,

have had a very short test so far, and the whole quoting method, and end result is much better than in previous releases,the nested quotes are far easier to see who said what now, I especially like the box sections with different shades of colour

The skin mod is wicked my Transparency skin version now looks identical to the confluence version of forum browser, much more neat and tidy, i'm really impressed, looks great on both light & dark skins.

A big thumbs up for this version, the smiley faces are looking very nice, yes it was well worth your efforts Cool

Cheers mate, keep up the good work, I will test more tomorrow

atb

John.
hi ruuk
have installed four random skins to try them with the new forum browser skin/font mod and all work great

also i've added another forum to the database, after I was happy with it, which worked a treat.

the post reply button has dark hard to read text inside it, I think it's supposed to be white writing, on all the forums i've been on tonight, but xbmc.org is white text inside the post a reply button which looks betterSmile

(2012-04-24, 19:57)hasselhof Wrote: hi ruuk
have installed four random skins to try them with the new forum browser skin/font mod and all work great

also i've added another forum to the database, after I was happy with it, which worked a treat.

the post reply button has dark hard to read text inside it, I think it's supposed to be white writing, on all the forums i've been on tonight, but xbmc.org is white text inside the post a reply button which looks betterSmile

Just a quick post from my phone at work to say thanks for the testing and feedback. I'll fix the button text. I should be able to take some time either later today or tomorrow to finish responding to your other posts Smile

I've been trying to fix the Boxee forum using an idea I've been mulling over. With a new method, I've been able to get the the forums list in a way that works without modification on other vbulletin forums. After I get the release out for the main repo, I should be able to make a general vbulletin parser using this method.
I just got myself banned for spamming on the Boxee forums while testing Smile
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5