• 24(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
Hi ruuk

Thanks for the update (RC5), did a bit of testing

As previously posted the spelling errors are ok, as is the "No posts" bug is now ok

What do you think to the posting of a new post being tagged onto previous post?

I've found a good source of forums at http://www.big-boards.com/
While searching the website you can sort by "forum software types" and "language".
Maybe you already know about this site, but if you don't check it out.Cool

Thanks for the shout out in credits & changlog BlushBlush

John

ps The experimental section is coming along nicely, I was able to add a couple of forums but was not able to read posts.
(2012-05-19, 11:19)hasselhof Wrote: What do you think to the posting of a new post being tagged onto previous post?

That's the forum doing that. It is the same in a web browser. If you post again within a certain amount of time, it will tack it to the end of the previous post with a horizontal line between.

By the way, if there is a forum you want working in the general browser let me know. I have no preference on which ones to test with, so it may as well be one you are using.

Edit test
(2012-05-19, 14:34)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 11:19)hasselhof Wrote: What do you think to the posting of a new post being tagged onto previous post?

That's the forum doing that. It is the same in a web browser. If you post again within a certain amount of time, it will tack it to the end of the previous post with a horizontal line between.

By the way, if there is a forum you want working in the general browser let me know. I have no preference on which ones to test with, so it may as well be one you are using.

Hi ruuk

Didn't know about the time between posts, feel silly now.
There is a forum I would like it's www.torrentday.com/forums but it asks for a capcha, see what you think, don't spend to much effort with it. Thanks

Hi ruuk just sent you a PM and got a red box, not sure if you got the PM

screenshot - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hansel...hot000.png

See log - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/xbmc.log

From windows XP, using xbmc.org, using forum browser.
(2012-05-19, 17:23)hasselhof Wrote: There is a forum I would like it's www.torrentday.com/forums but it asks for a capcha, see what you think, don't spend to much effort with it. Thanks
The site appears to be invite only. So I can't sign up without an invite from a member.
(2012-05-19, 17:23)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk just sent you a PM and got a red box, not sure if you got the PM
Seems to be some sort of connection error, or possibly an error in one of the libraries I use. In any case, the error message doesn't give very useful information. I'll have to do something there.
you could use my details same as before , if you cant remember I can PM you
(2012-05-19, 20:24)hasselhof Wrote: you could use my details same as before , if you cant remember I can PM you

I logged on in my browser and it looked doable. It's some weird forum software I've never seen.
I was able to log in with the captcha with WebViewer, so that means I can handle that from the program, the easiest way for me is, of course, to re-direct to WebViewer, but WebViewer is kinda confusing when dealing with this sort of form.

(2012-05-19, 03:37)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.47 RC5

Changes:
- Fixed some spelling errors in the help
- Fixed a bug (well, handled a Tapatalk plugin bug) that caused a 'No Posts' error after submitting a new post.
- Made initial forum setup/connection threaded so it is stoppable like the rest

- (Experimental): General Browser Now handles Forums/Threads/Posts on VBulletin/MyBB/FluxBB/PhpBB and pagination on Vbulletin - Use at your own risk
- (Experimental): Moved 'General Forum Browser' option to bottom of 'Change Forum' menu, and added a saved list with add/remove options

On my REPO.

The (Experimental) General forum browser has been tested with forum.xfce.org, ubuntuforums.org, community.mybb.com, phpp.com/community and xbox360forum.com/xbox-forum.
It works reasonably well with these forums, to varying degrees. Some threads and forums will give errors, mostly because they are not real threads/forums and shouldn't have been listed.
It should work with a lot of other forums (assuming they are VBulletin,FluxBB,MyBB or PhpBB based) - probably hit and miss (some will work great, others terribly or not at all)
I haven't really done a lot of testing on ones other than I have listed.

Hi ruuk I managed to get a forum to work called Webuser this forum I use all the time and buy the magazine, it only works on the
experimental forum browser which is a real bonus to have Smile
thanks a lot.

(2012-05-20, 03:03)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 20:24)hasselhof Wrote: you could use my details same as before , if you cant remember I can PM you

I logged on in my browser and it looked doable. It's some weird forum software I've never seen.
I was able to log in with the captcha with WebViewer, so that means I can handle that from the program, the easiest way for me is, of course, to re-direct to WebViewer, but WebViewer is kinda confusing when dealing with this sort of form.

I suspected it might be a problem because it doesn't look like your average forum.
I have come across a couple of forums which have a capcha but disregarded them so well done on sorting that with Web viewer.

Hi ruuk

Just deleted a PM from xbmc.org, worked ok, but can it be refreshed to see it disappear instantly, instead of going out of PM's and back into PM's to see it disappear.

Sorry I've added PBNation (Paintball Nation)to the online database but it's not working, whoops

If you want to work with another forum you could try retrogamer.netSmile
(2012-05-20, 10:17)hasselhof Wrote: Just deleted a PM from xbmc.org, worked ok, but can it be refreshed to see it disappear instantly, instead of going out of PM's and back into PM's to see it disappear.
Will do.
(2012-05-20, 10:17)hasselhof Wrote: Sorry I've added PBNation (Paintball Nation)to the online database but it's not working, whoops
It's forumrunner and works - sort of. I added it, and the first time I tried to access it I got a 'name or service not known' error. The second time I tried it worked. From searching around that error seems to indicate a DNS failure. Between first and second try I type the forumrunner version URL into my browser and got the expected result. Perhaps somehow the browser try some other DNS to find the IP which then was cached somewhere between me and the site (I'm not really an expert on these things). If you could, try it a couple more times, and if that doesn't work try typing:

http://www.pbnation.com/forumrunner/requ...md=version

into your browser and see if when you go back to Forum Browser it works. Let me know what happens.

By the way, you can't add a forum that doesn't have the Tapatalk or Forumrunner plugin installed. Not only does Forum Browser do a check, but the online database checks before it accepts it by making a version call to the plugin.
(2012-05-20, 10:17)hasselhof Wrote: If you want to work with another forum you could try retrogamer.netSmile

That seems to work pretty well already, is there something there that's not working for you (I tried retrogamer.net/forum)

(2012-05-20, 20:08)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-20, 10:17)hasselhof Wrote: If you want to work with another forum you could try retrogamer.netSmile

That seems to work pretty well already, is there something there that's not working for you (I tried retrogamer.net/forum)

Your right, that's wicked, I get the odd expected error here and there but for most it's well useable Smile

(2012-05-20, 19:57)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-20, 10:17)hasselhof Wrote: Just deleted a PM from xbmc.org, worked ok, but can it be refreshed to see it disappear instantly, instead of going out of PM's and back into PM's to see it disappear.
Will do.
(2012-05-20, 10:17)hasselhof Wrote: Sorry I've added PBNation (Paintball Nation)to the online database but it's not working, whoops
It's forumrunner and works - sort of. I added it, and the first time I tried to access it I got a 'name or service not known' error. The second time I tried it worked. From searching around that error seems to indicate a DNS failure. Between first and second try I type the forumrunner version URL into my browser and got the expected result. Perhaps somehow the browser try some other DNS to find the IP which then was cached somewhere between me and the site (I'm not really an expert on these things). If you could, try it a couple more times, and if that doesn't work try typing:

http://www.pbnation.com/forumrunner/requ...md=version

into your browser and see if when you go back to Forum Browser it works. Let me know what happens.

By the way, you can't add a forum that doesn't have the Tapatalk or Forumrunner plugin installed. Not only does Forum Browser do a check, but the online database checks before it accepts it by making a version call to the plugin.

Did what you said, I tried it a couple of more times and could see forums & threads, but got red box, "Error getting posts" when trying to view posts
Copied and pasted the link into my pc browser, then went back to forum browser and reselected PBNation from the experimental list, but got exactly the same results as before. Confused
Hi ruuk,

can you make forum browser handle underlined text please ?

Big Grin
I was just looking (and tested) and it already does that. If it doesn't refresh on delete again, send me a log.

(2012-05-21, 00:09)hasselhof Wrote: can you make forum browser handle underlined text please ?
Not really. The best I could do is to fake it like _this_.

• 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5