• 30(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
hasselhof: Have you tried torrentday again yet? I think it should work for you now that the site is no longer having issues.
Hi ruuk,

maybe it's a coincidence but my menu's seem a little boggled inside xbmc since I updated share social
take a look at the screenshot.
what your seeing is that I have pressed the context menu while resting on forum browser inside the addons folder
and the only viewable menu item is addon settings
the two lower black empty boxes when you cursor down on them say "go to root" & remove from favs.
IE the menu item that is focused is the menu item that you can read, the other go black if you get what I mean.
I will check out confluence to see if that's the same for me....
(2012-06-12, 20:36)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

maybe it's a coincidence but my menu's seem a little boggled inside xbmc since I updated share social
what your seeing is that I have pressed the context menu while resting on forum browser inside the addons folder
the two lower black empty boxes when you cursor down on them say "go to root" & remove from favs.
IE the menu item that is focused is the menu item that you can read, the other go black if you get what I mean.
There's a good chance that it is ShareSocial. Try undoing the context menu mod from the ShareSocial addon settings and see if it fixes it.

I just tried in Transparency and it is ShareSocial. Go ahead and remove the mod as I said. It will only disable sharing from XBMC, and won't affect the clipboard or anything else. I'll fix the generic mod and make one just for Transparency while I'm at it.
What the mod does is add a 'Share' button to the right of the menu for shareable media. I see that in Transparency that the context menu is placed over the item clicked, which causes the button to go off the right hand side of the screen.
(2012-06-12, 20:43)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-06-12, 20:36)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

There's a good chance that it is ShareSocial. Try undoing the context menu mod from the ShareSocial addon settings and see if it fixes it.

I just tried in Transparency and it is ShareSocial. Go ahead and remove the mod as I said. It will only disable sharing from XBMC, and won't affect the clipboard or anything else. I'll fix the generic mod and make one just for Transparency while I'm at it.
What the mod does is add a 'Share' button to the right of the menu for shareable media. I see that in Transparency that the context menu is placed over the item clicked, which causes the button to go off the right hand side of the screen.

That did the trick Smile
Nice one matey

I just tried torrentday and it is presenting me with the keyboard, but the capcha is not visable
i'm having trouble getting a screenshot while the keyboard is active,
can you see if you get the same in Transparency.
I'm going down for my supper , Greek salad hmmmn Smile
(2012-06-12, 21:03)hasselhof Wrote: I just tried torrentday and it is presenting me with the keyboard, but the capcha is not visable
i'm having trouble getting a screenshot while the keyboard is active,
can you see if you get the same in Transparency.
I'm going down for my supper , Greek salad hmmmn Smile

I tried in Transparency, and I still get the captcha just fine. Hmmmmmmm...... try giving me a log right after that happens.
Hi ruuk

I got torrentday to work, capcha appeared, was able to log in, capcha worked, was able to see extra info, upload, download etc
was able to see fullscreen post, threads forums etc, youtube links worked
It's brilliant, thanks for your time & effort with this.I know you've put some hours into it Wink I will do more testing.
It must have been the website was down before, next time I will try torrentday in a browser if I have any further problems

Thanks again

John.
ruuk torrentday is awesome thanks again
It looks like there's a few more forums been added to the online database Smile
(2012-06-13, 20:52)hasselhof Wrote: It looks like there's a few more forums been added to the online database Smile

I've been noticing that Smile

this is from xbmc4xbox python scripts forum , what do you think to the post at xbmc4xbox ?

(2012-06-13, 21:46)hasselhof Wrote: this is from xbmc4xbox python scripts forum , what do you think to the post at xbmc4xbox ?

Interesting. It appears the user skatulskijean has forked Forum Browser as a port for XBox.
It's open source so he's welcome to do so.
It's funny that I've never heard about it from anyone though Smile (well, until you told me)

It's certainly good that someone else is doing this. It keeps me from getting asked to do it (which I wouldn't because I don't have the time).
I don't envy him trying to figure out my poorly documented code Smile

(2012-06-13, 22:02)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-06-13, 21:46)hasselhof Wrote: this is from xbmc4xbox python scripts forum , what do you think to the post at xbmc4xbox ?

Interesting. It appears the user skatulskijean has forked Forum Browser as a port for XBox.
It's funny that I've never heard about it from anyone though Smile (well, until you told me)

It's certainly good that someone else is doing this. It keeps me from getting asked to do it (which I wouldn't because I don't have the time).

I might digout my old xbox and have a little look.

ruuk how do I start a new thread?
(2012-06-13, 22:06)hasselhof Wrote:
(2012-06-13, 22:02)ruuk Wrote:

I might digout my old xbox and have a little look.

I have a bunch of them. I used to have one in each room. Now I have an atv2 in the living room, a Boxee Box in the bedroom and my daughter's computer running XBMC in her room. I still use one in the extra room, but it has decided to shut off whenever it feels like it. I'd like to set up a nice HTPC for the living room, but I'm not exactly rolling in cash. This open source development doesn't pay very well Smile so I have to rely on the income from my other job, which it seems I spend slightly more time at.
(2012-06-13, 22:06)hasselhof Wrote: ruuk how do I start a new thread?

If you mean in Forum Browser, you don't - because I haven't added that yet.
Is this a round-a-bout way of asking me to add that to Forum Browser? Smile
Version 1.0.1

Changes:
- Links list will now show images from the link 'text' (ie thumbnail) in preference to an image the link points to
- Links that are detected as images that have images in the link 'text' (ie thumbnail) will now open in Web Viewer
- Experimental:
-- Posting options will no longer show if not available
-- VBulletin: Can now create a post, edit a post and delete a post (only tested on forum.boxee.tv)

On my REPO.

Also, Web Viewer has a minor change. When opening it from another addon, it now will exit when you use the 'parent directory' action (backspace on the keyboard) and you are at the beginning of the history.
Since this is used as a 'back' button, Web Viewer normally only exits on the 'previous menu' action, but I think that when you are opening it from another addon, the expected behavior is to exit, especially when you are only viewing one page (ie not following any links). This doesn't affect using the rewind button on a remote, which will keep the old behavior.
(2012-06-13, 22:39)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.0.1

Changes:
- Links list will now show images from the link 'text' (ie thumbnail) in preference to an image the link points to
- Links that are detected as images that have images in the link 'text' (ie thumbnail) will now open in Web Viewer
- Experimental:
-- Posting options will no longer show if not available
-- VBulletin: Can now create a post, edit a post and delete a post (only tested on forum.boxee.tv)

On my REPO.

Also, Web Viewer has a minor change. When opening it from another addon, it now will exit when you use the 'parent directory' action (backspace on the keyboard) and you are at the beginning of the history.
Since this is used as a 'back' button, Web Viewer normally only exits on the 'previous menu' action, but I think that when you are opening it from another addon, the expected behavior is to exit, especially when you are only viewing one page (ie not following any links). This doesn't affect using the rewind button on a remote, which will keep the old behavior.
Works great on the images from the left menu thank you.
Regarding Thread starting add this too your todo list if you dont mind Smile

I will check back in about a week or so to let you have a break he he
with perhaps some more feedback.
Speak to you soon.

• 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5