• 31(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
(2012-06-13, 21:46)hasselhof Wrote:

this is from xbmc4xbox python scripts forum , what do you think to the post at xbmc4xbox ?

Yes is my fork and urlresolver and many others to !
Forumbrowser works on moment not 100% but i think on next time i finish my fork

Jan'sGermanXBMC4XBOXV.20
http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...adID=11444

Regards skatulskijean

(2012-06-14, 08:16)jeanwilly Wrote:
(2012-06-13, 21:46)hasselhof Wrote:

this is from xbmc4xbox python scripts forum , what do you think to the post at xbmc4xbox ?

Yes is my fork and urlresolver and many others to !
Forumbrowser works on moment not 100% but i think on next time i finish my fork

Jan'sGermanXBMC4XBOXV.20
http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...adID=11444

Regards skatulskijean

Keep up the good work , this is ideal for the xbox as it doesn't use much resourses
Just created a thread from Forum Browser. I'll just add the ability for the Forumrunner interface and then update my repo.
This is just a test to make sure I didn't screw up posting when adding the create thread stuff as it uses the post editor when creating the thread.

I guess it's working Smile
Version 1.0.2

Changes:
- Added ability to create threads with Tapatalk and Forumrunner forums from context menu on threads view
- When creating a PM or new thread, the Post Editor will now OPEN the set title dialog instead of just focusing the button
- Added ability to PM author of selected post from the context menu
- Now, when post or PM fails do to error (such as timeout), the post/PM will be saved and when next attempting to PM the same user or post in the same thread, FB will ask if you want to re-use that post/PM

On my REPO.

On a side note - in my continuing effort to be more organized about things, this is what FB versions will represent:

With the format: major.minor.build

build will represent an update to my repo
minor will represent a main repo update
and major will represent whenever I feel like changing the version Smile

So the next main repo update will be 1.1.0 and will happen when I've added enough new features and everything seems to be stable, or perhaps earlier if some major bug is found that affects the current repo version.
The online database now removes forum. and forums. from the beginning of the name (in addition to www. already removed).
I have also fixed the ones already in the database.
It should now be easier to find a forum alphabetically.

I guess the database will need some search/category functionality soon.
(2012-06-14, 15:49)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.0.2

Changes:
- Added ability to create threads with Tapatalk and Forumrunner forums from context menu on threads view
- When creating a PM or new thread, the Post Editor will now OPEN the set title dialog instead of just focusing the button
- Added ability to PM author of selected post from the context menu
- Now, when post or PM fails do to error (such as timeout), the post/PM will be saved and when next attempting to PM the same user or post in the same thread, FB will ask if you want to re-use that post/PM

On my REPO.

On a side note - in my continuing effort to be more organized about things, this is what FB versions will represent:

With the format: major.minor.build

build will represent an update to my repo
minor will represent a main repo update
and major will represent whenever I feel like changing the version Smile

So the next main repo update will be 1.1.0 and will happen when I've added enough new features and everything seems to be stable, or perhaps earlier if some major bug is found that affects the current repo version.

Hi ruuk,

I can confirm that the post editor opens ok when creating a pm
And if you recieved the PM I just sent you , then PM the author works a treat aswell
I havn't created a thread as of yet but I will think of something soonSmile
The pm failing to send, idea where you are asked to resend the typed out pm is a very good idea, but I havn't used that yet also.

I was creating a very long PM the other day, when I had gotten right to the end of it, and by mistake hit the back button, I then lost all of what I'd typed (and it was with the remote)
Maybe there could be a confirmation window to ask if your sure you want to leave the PM window (Like the one when you exit Forum Browser)
Thanks mate

John.

** Can also confirm that the new post a thread feature works a treat also Smile. Posted at at xbmchub
(2012-06-16, 16:16)hasselhof Wrote: And if you recieved the PM I just sent you , then PM the author works a treat aswell
Got the PM Smile
(2012-06-16, 16:16)hasselhof Wrote: I was creating a very long PM the other day, when I had gotten right to the end of it, and by mistake hit the back button, I then lost all of what I'd typed (and it was with the remote)
Maybe there could be a confirmation window to ask if your sure you want to leave the PM window (Like the one when you exit Forum Browser)
That's a good idea, added to my todo list
(2012-06-16, 16:16)hasselhof Wrote: ** Can also confirm that the new post a thread feature works a treat also Smile. Posted at at xbmchub
Thanks for testing Smile

By the way, I've added access to other PM folders and a view online users option. It will be in the next update.

hasselhof: I'm adding the ability to create, edit and delete posts in the experimental browser. Is there any forum you especially need to post to? I'm just doing them in random order so I might as will do one you use first.
In addition to the already working VBulletin, I've got FluxBB forums working as well so far.
A test post from the experimental browser for MyBB
(2012-06-16, 21:16)ruuk Wrote: hasselhof: I'm adding the ability to create, edit and delete posts in the experimental browser. Is there any forum you especially need to post to? I'm just doing them in random order so I might as will do one you use first.
In addition to the already working VBulletin, I've got FluxBB forums working as well so far.
A test post from the experimental browser for MyBB

There is a VBulletin forum that I've joined called http://www.2012olympicsforum.com/index.php but I'm waiting for a confirmation email before I can post

access to other PM folders and a view online users option is great thanks.

Database search/category functionality will be very good, where do you host the forums ?. could they all be included with the zip ?.

How do you plan to incorporate the experimental side of things into FB ?. Just seamlessly mix the two engines together ?.What about the experimental forum database ?.
(2012-06-17, 10:38)hasselhof Wrote: There is a VBulletin forum that I've joined called http://www.2012olympicsforum.com/index.php but I'm waiting for a confirmation email before I can post
Posting should work already as it's VBulletin. Let me know if it doesn't.
(2012-06-17, 10:38)hasselhof Wrote: Database search/category functionality will be very good, where do you host the forums ?. could they all be included with the zip ?.
Do you mean, where is my database hosted? That's on my web hosting for my domain 2ndmind.com. They could be added into the zip, but that involves work for me Smile
(2012-06-17, 10:38)hasselhof Wrote: How do you plan to incorporate the experimental side of things into FB ?. Just seamlessly mix the two engines together ?.What about the experimental forum database ?.
Once I've gotten it to a level where I think it performs reasonably well, I do plan to mix it in. It will either detect Tapatalk, Forumrunner, or fallback to the experimental browser (which will probably be called the 'parser browser' or something at that time). It'll give warnings that some things may not work blah blah blah.
If I decide to add them to the database, that will work the same as with the other forums. I haven't decided whether I am going to or not. If I do I think it would be best if people could add it after they tried it out, and then they could rate it on how well it worked in different areas. Also, whatever I do, you will have the ability to set the logo and description.

Version 1.0.3

Changes:
- Now removes "forum." and "forums." when adding a forum
- Added 'View Online Users' option to forums view context menu
- Made changes to accommodate clipboard name change from Clipboard to SSClipboard
- Fixed a bug when displaying context menu on PM list when list is empty
- Added ability to select and view other private message boxes/folders to PM list context menu
-
- Experimental:
-- FluxBB: Added the ability to create, edit and delete posts
-- MyBB: Added the ability to create, edit and delete posts
-- When editing or quoting, the message and title are now taken from the form. (so now it will be the same as if you were doing it via a browser)

On my REPO.

Note: You need to update Sharesocial (also updated on the repo) for the clipboard to continue working.
Testing posting on moderated forums is not fun, and every PhpBB forum I register to is moderated Sad
But it has lead me to try to find a way to show a a message when your post is awaiting moderation.
I'll probably get banned from some forum before I'm finished Smile
Have had a quick test of v1.0.3

View online users works nicely
Sent box within PM works great
can confirm there is no error displaying when context menu is used on PM list when list is empty in Inbox and Sent box
I like the way if you exit the PM window on sent items, next time you go into PM's it takes you into Inbox.

There seems to be a double entry for xbmc.org in the online forum list, after I removed forum.xbmc.org locally,I went and re-added it but I see a forum.xbmc.org & xbmc.org, upon clicking xbmc.org, my local list is still presented as foum.xbmc.org.

Also I've locally added a forum called "forum.videohelp.com" used it for a while and i'm happy with it, but can't get the "Add current forum to the online database" to work
after pressing enter I get no action see Log

Thanks for update Smile

Version 1.0.4

Changes:
- If you're closing the post/pm window when a title or message has been entered, it will now ask if you are sure to prevent accidental exit and loss of all your hard work Smile
- When sending a PM from the posts list, FB will now ask if you want to quote the message instead of doing it automatically
- Fixed a bug caused by local forum.xbmc.org forum def causing duplicate entries by changing to xbmc.org
- Fixed a bug in 'add to online database' code that was causing it to fail in some instances

- Experimental:
-- PhpBB: Added the ability to create and edit posts
-- Can now detect some forum posting error messages (ie you are not allowed to post in this forum, your post is too short)
-- Can now (sometimes at least) handle forums that link to an alternate login page from the standard login page for the forum type
-- Added some code that should alert you (at least some of the time) if posting is moderated

On my REPO.

I've also noticed that sometimes forums are being added to the database with no name. I'm checking it out.
(2012-06-18, 23:45)hasselhof Wrote: Have had a quick test of v1.0.3

View online users works nicely
Sent box within PM works great
can confirm there is no error displaying when context menu is used on PM list when list is empty in Inbox and Sent box
I like the way if you exit the PM window on sent items, next time you go into PM's it takes you into Inbox.
Thanks for testing Smile
(2012-06-18, 23:45)hasselhof Wrote: There seems to be a double entry for xbmc.org in the online forum list, after I removed forum.xbmc.org locally,I went and re-added it but I see a forum.xbmc.org & xbmc.org, upon clicking xbmc.org, my local list is still presented as foum.xbmc.org.
I fixed it in the above update. It was because there is a local definition file (used as the default) that still had "forum." on it.
(2012-06-18, 23:45)hasselhof Wrote: Also I've locally added a forum called "forum.videohelp.com" used it for a while and i'm happy with it, but can't get the "Add current forum to the online database" to work
after pressing enter I get no action see Log
I fixed the error, and added the forum to the database when testing.

• 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5