• 44(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
Hi ruuk,

did a little testing with some observations.........

Logging into forums, doesn't auto log you in, you have to back out, & then go back into the forum to get the green light,
or alternatively do a context refresh.This happens if you clear you password & username then re-add it,(I used xbmc.org as a test) & also when adding a forum from the online database and adding your details same happens no green light until you manually refresh. I think before it used to auto refresh your login.

I'm not sure if this is a xbmc.org website problem, but according to my user info pane (green writing next to avatar) in Forum Browser, I'm always viewing my profile ha ha, & ruuk you are always viewing the main index, this is true also if you go to the xbmc.org website, so I'm thinking maybe this is a website limitation for some reason. what do you see ?.

Your test page at the Hub, Voinage put up a picture, that type of image link doesn't activate the new image icon, it's still grayed out.

I think your share social add-on should be pulled along with web viewer to give the extra functionality, I really don't think that people will mind.
Or you could add it to the settings page to be pulled as an option, explaining the benefits. If so could there be help etc added to the settings.

If posting a post via Forum Browser, you loose all the info next to your avatar, you have to back out & back in again to see it, or alternatively do a context refresh.

On selecting settings could the focus be on the left hand General tab, instead of in the general settings themselves so you can go direct to the tab of your choice ?.

Video's start & resume ok in an overlay windows know thanks.

Could you add to the new forum's list window the option to modify the forum descriptions, ie the info about the forums you see when browsing the online database, as once it's added to the online database, there's no way of changing it to make it better later on.

When adding a forum to the online database, & you are asked if the website requires a login to view, if one is required the keyboard pops up, maybe there could be a prompt to say "add username", then on the next keyboard "add your password" as currently there blank keyboards.

The three custom extra info's looks very good, thanks.

I've checked the spelling corrections ok

The torrentday forum you worked on for me (the one on the online database) makes forum browser loose focus, could you check it out to see if it does it for you ?.

My parser browser tab in the local forums list is greyed out, how does this become active, or am I being stupid.

It's ok for me to say this & say that, but I really do appreciate how much effort you put into this Nod tell your wife I'm sorry Blush
As always thanks for the updates

John.
(2013-02-19, 21:48)hasselhof Wrote: Logging into forums, doesn't auto log you in, you have to back out, & then go back into the forum to get the green light,
or alternatively do a context refresh.This happens if you clear you password & username then re-add it,(I used xbmc.org as a test) & also when adding a forum from the online database and adding your details same happens no green light until you manually refresh. I think before it used to auto refresh your login.
I noticed this and forgot about it as I was doing something else at the time Smile
(2013-02-19, 21:48)hasselhof Wrote: I'm not sure if this is a xbmc.org website problem, but according to my user info pane (green writing next to avatar) in Forum Browser, I'm always viewing my profile ha ha, & ruuk you are always viewing the main index, this is true also if you go to the xbmc.org website, so I'm thinking maybe this is a website limitation for some reason. what do you see ?.
Well it used to say ' ' but it appears the forum's tapatalk plugin has been updated to show current activity. The reason it shows viewing profile (I assume), is because to get the user info for the posts, it calls the get_user_info function for each user (which I assume is interpreted as viewing a profile) . It does that after it gets all the posts, so your last activity will always be viewing a profile. I'll add this to the todo to look at and see if there is a way I can make it trigger a more correct activity display.
(2013-02-19, 21:48)hasselhof Wrote: Your test page at the Hub, Voinage put up a picture, that type of image link doesn't activate the new image icon, it's still grayed out.
Found the problem and fixed it. The function to check for media was in fact not checking for normal images at all, just links to images. My brain was missing when I did that I guess Smile
(2013-02-19, 21:48)hasselhof Wrote: I think your share social add-on should be pulled along with web viewer to give the extra functionality, I really don't think that people will mind.
Or you could add it to the settings page to be pulled as an option, explaining the benefits. If so could there be help etc added to the settings.
Well, I realized recently that I could do optional dependencies. I haven't tested it yet, but I assume it will pull the addon if it is available, but not fail if it's not. I'll add it that way.
(2013-02-19, 21:48)hasselhof Wrote: If posting a post via Forum Browser, you loose all the info next to your avatar, you have to back out & back in again to see it, or alternatively do a context refresh.
That's actually probably another 'Forbidden' issue. Because of the 'Forbidden' issue with getting the user info multiple times, I made it so that even if it failed to get the info, it still would display the posts. A log would possibly confirm that.
(2013-02-19, 21:48)hasselhof Wrote: On selecting settings could the focus be on the left hand General tab, instead of in the general settings themselves so you can go direct to the tab of your choice ?.
I can't control anything about the settings interface. That is handled by XBMC.
(2013-02-19, 21:48)hasselhof Wrote: Could you add to the new forum's list window the option to modify the forum descriptions, ie the info about the forums you see when browsing the online database, as once it's added to the online database, there's no way of changing it to make it better later on.
I'm creating a 'Forum Settings' button that will replace some of the buttons such as 'Set Logins'. This will open a per forum settings window where you can edit your username and password as well as behavior settings for that forum. I will add the description and probably the logo to that as well.
(2013-02-19, 21:48)hasselhof Wrote: When adding a forum to the online database, & you are asked if the website requires a login to view, if one is required the keyboard pops up, maybe there could be a prompt to say "add username", then on the next keyboard "add your password" as currently there blank keyboards.
Hmm... the code sets the keyboard headings to 'Enter Username' and 'Enter Password'. Does the Transparency skin not show headings on the keyboard dialog?
(2013-02-19, 21:48)hasselhof Wrote: The torrentday forum you worked on for me (the one on the online database) makes forum browser loose focus, could you check it out to see if it does it for you ?.
I didn't get it to lose focus. At what point does it happen?
(2013-02-19, 21:48)hasselhof Wrote: My parser browser tab in the local forums list is greyed out, how does this become active, or am I being stupid.
It should be available when a Parser Browser forum (such as torrentday) is highlighted
(2013-02-19, 21:48)hasselhof Wrote: It's ok for me to say this & say that, but I really do appreciate how much effort you put into this Nod tell your wife I'm sorry Blush
As always thanks for the updates

No problem. Without somebody catching these things, I would just tend to not notice or ignore them and FB wouldn't be as good.
Because of your enthusiastic support and help, I always look at your comments as an effort to be helpful. I can tell from the issues you find that you are not only finding them in normal usage, but actually spend some time doing actual testing. You also make it easier on me by putting in the effort to post logs and screenshots and such, which I really appreciate.
I have a hard time doing a lot of testing myself, probably because I know subconsciously that I will find bugs and have to fix them Smile
, but also because I'd rather be coding something.
test

test
I just noticed that XBMC seems to be caching the DialogKeyboard.xml file. This means that if it opens the FB version of the keyboard first, it will always show that one (probably even after FB closes, but I haven't tested) and if the normal keyboard is opened first, the FB keyboard won't show. Not sure what to do about this yet...
I said yesterday that when I do a post from Forum Browser that the info (green writing by avatar) etc disappears, I've tried to recreate it but can't, seems to be working ok today, will look out for it.

Transparency skin doesn't produce the "Enter username" & "Enter password", but as you say it's fine on Confluence....I've been thinking of switching back to Confluence not decided yet Smile

When I highlight Torrentday forum in forum list I can click the "Parser Browser" button in forum settings Smile, to see "set logins" etc when I set logins it doesn't log me in just see a blank page, I then try to select another forum but it wont load it just goes back to the way it looks in the screenshot above, here is my log . Maybe the mobiquo.php isn't correct anymore, I seem to remember a capcha to log in before. Also webviewer popped up with the torrentday website but there wasn't anywhere to click log in.

The keyboard thing you mention sounds very tricky for you..

Thanks

John
(2013-02-20, 21:36)hasselhof Wrote: When I highlight Torrentday forum in forum list I can click the "Parser Browser" button in forum settings Smile, to see "set logins" etc when I set logins it doesn't log me in just see a blank page, I then try to select another forum but it wont load it just goes back to the way it looks in the screenshot above, here is my log . Maybe the mobiquo.php isn't correct anymore, I seem to remember a capcha to log in before.
Well torrentday works via generic parsing on with the ParserBrowser, so it doesn't involve mobiquo.php which is a purely Tapatalk thing. I have no problem accessing it, but it looks like I'm skipping the login process because the cookie is still valid.
(2013-02-20, 21:36)hasselhof Wrote: Also webviewer popped up with the torrentday website but there wasn't anywhere to click log in.
When did webviewer popup? It looks to me from the log like you were trying to set the login page, which is only necessary when FB can't find it itself which for torrentday it at least used to be able to.

Did you it from the Online Database, or via 'Add Forum' or is it the original with which you accessed it before?

I seem to remember a captcha, but I can't seem to trigger it on my web browser. I think they may have gotten rid of that.
(2013-02-20, 22:00)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 21:36)hasselhof Wrote: When I highlight Torrentday forum in forum list I can click the "Parser Browser" button in forum settings Smile, to see "set logins" etc when I set logins it doesn't log me in just see a blank page, I then try to select another forum but it wont load it just goes back to the way it looks in the screenshot above, here is my log . Maybe the mobiquo.php isn't correct anymore, I seem to remember a capcha to log in before.
Well torrentday works via generic parsing on with the ParserBrowser, so it doesn't involve mobiquo.php which is a purely Tapatalk thing. I have no problem accessing it, but it looks like I'm skipping the login process because the cookie is still valid.
(2013-02-20, 21:36)hasselhof Wrote: Also webviewer popped up with the torrentday website but there wasn't anywhere to click log in.
When did webviewer popup? It looks to me from the log like you were trying to set the login page, which is only necessary when FB can't find it itself which for torrentday it at least used to be able to.

Did you it from the Online Database, or via 'Add Forum' or is it the original with which you accessed it before?

I seem to remember a captcha, but I can't seem to trigger it on my web browser. I think they may have gotten rid of that.

Web viewer did popup when I was trying to log in got confused
The Torrentday is from the online database
(2013-02-21, 00:54)hasselhof Wrote: Web viewer did popup when I was trying to log in got confused

I looked at the ODB and it looks like the data there is correct. Have you tried using 'Add Forum' with http://torrentday.com/forums.php as the address? I was interested if that behaved any differently from trying to do it from the ODB.

By the way, this 'Forbidden' error stuff is going to drive me crazy.
I checked your PM in FB and was getting a bunch of them from that.
Aargh! Smile
(2013-02-21, 01:11)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 00:54)hasselhof Wrote: Web viewer did popup when I was trying to log in got confused

I looked at the ODB and it looks like the data there is correct. Have you tried using 'Add Forum' with http://torrentday.com/forums.php as the address? I was interested if that behaved any differently from trying to do it from the ODB.

By the way, this 'Forbidden' error stuff is going to drive me crazy.
I checked your PM in FB and was getting a bunch of them from that.
Aargh! Smile

I did try adding the http link via "Add a forum" but it didn't work it had the same effect. I will try again later and get a log.

I switched to Confluence and the keyboard description prompt ie Enter username & Enter password still doesn't show. Also keyboard description prompt didn't show when doing a PM ie Title & Recipient. Might be worth me doing a fresh FB install to see of its better. Maybe you could check yours.

Currently at work will check later.
(2013-02-21, 12:05)hasselhof Wrote: I did try adding the http link via "Add a forum" but it didn't work it had the same effect. I will try again later and get a log.

I switched to Confluence and the keyboard description prompt ie Enter username & Enter password still doesn't show. Also keyboard description prompt didn't show when doing a PM ie Title & Recipient. Might be worth me doing a fresh FB install to see of its better. Maybe you could check yours.

Currently at work will check later.
I'll try mine as soon as I finish the forum settings dialog. Then I'll delete all torrentday settings and cookies and see what I can get to happen.
By the way, if the modified keyboard was showing, that is why there is not heading. It's not supposed to show in those instances, but as I said before, if it shows first it will show always.

Also, I think I may have finally fixed the 'Forbidden' related issues. Let' hope so.
Version 1.2.6

Changes:

- Changed 'Set Logins' on Forum Manager to 'Forum Settings' which opens a per forum settings editor
- Removed 'Set Theme' and 'ParserBrowser' buttons from the forums manager, as they are now handled in the 'Forum Settings' dialog
- When video is playing, the Forum Manager now opens to the left and hides the buttons panel, which slides out on focus
- Changed look of Forum Manager list highlighting when forum action buttons are focused
- Tapatalk: The PMs list now show only a short preview again, unltil you click for the message view
- Added more robust handling of 'Forbidden' errors, hopefully fixing this issue once and for all!
- Since tapatalk strips all formatting from the signatures, I lightened the sigs to set them apart from the post text
- Added likes data to extra info (ie XBMCHub) 'like users' (list of users who liked) and 'likes' (number of users who liked)
- Changed 'User Extra Info' to 'User/Post Extra Info'

On my REPO.

PMs now (again) list with a short preview. I'm not sure if the full view was intentional (looking at the code, I might have done it accidentally), but in any case it required making a call to the forum server for each message which was slow and also causes 'Forbidden' errors on xbmc.org. Just click to the message view for the full message.
Tested with Xbmc 12, Confluence, FB v1.2.6

A few observations....

The Image that Voinage posted now displays the icon for image present.

Progress bar seems a lot more fluid, with Parser browser.

There are two Xbmchubs in the online database.The screen shot is of my local list I added both to see what was going on.This is a couple of days old screenshot notice the version number is outdated Rofl

Search online database gives Xbmc.org as one of the results every time regardless of what your searching.Is that expected ?.

Signatures look a lot better.

"Like data" is working nicely.

Forum settings button is better sited. I like the "settings per forum" idea.

The look of Forum Manager list highlighting when forum action buttons are focused is a nice extra.

I can confirm that the short PM preview is working ok, but if you go in and read a PM, then come back to your list of PM's, they are presented in full again. This happens in "Sent" & "Inbox".(Only tested at Xbmc.org) not sure if that's your desired effect.

When playing a video I like how the forum manger now opens to the left, and the buttons glide out from right hand side of window.

I've noticed that your repo is in the unofficial repo installer & on the wiki,
was it you ruuk who put it there.(have you had more repo downloads?)

Forums setting dialog is a vast improvement, I really like it, what would be nice is if the focus stayed on the loaded forum in the forum list
ie if I,ve loaded a forum then I want to log in or log out for example then the loaded forum would still be focused in the list for quick acsses to the forum setting button. This is also true when adding a forum from the online database, it would be nice for it to drop back to the just added forum in the list instead of going back to the top of the list.

I have found a couple of things that don't appear to be working for me regarding the forum browser settings dialog....
It's quite hard to explain so bare with...

1) eg the following forums are working ok but are just used as examples
andriodforums.com (Tapatalk),
bikeforums (Forum runner), &
whisky.com (Parser browser),
with one of these highlighted, I push right to "forum settings" & press ok, for a milli second I see a pop up then it disappears.
Strangely if I go back to one of the mentioned forums and turn on "manage notifications" so green light is on, then go back to
the "forum settings" button the pops up appears ok, this is so for all three forums, then...
if I turn the green manage notification light back off, the forum setting pop up still works ok. I don't think this is expected.
It's almost as if the green light validates the forum for some reason.

Here is a log using Boxee.tv as an example, what I'm doing in this log is highlighting boxee.tv then pressing right to "forum settings" & pressing ok on "forum settings" a few times, I see a pop up for a milli second. This log is when boxee.tv forum isn't loaded, but if it's loaded I get the same results just a milli second popup. Obviously I'm not logged in as the window doesn't appear.

2) Once in the "forums setting" pop up window (Using the "switch on green light method") Big Grin as mentioned above, where you can set login's etc I'm finding an issue with my changes not being saved to local machine.

for example (Forum runner) - bikeforums - won't allow me to change the logo in the pop up window, but it will allow me to change the description & colour in the pop up window but they are not being saved to local pc (not sure about login's as I'm not a member of bikeforums)

(Tapatalk) - Xbmc.org - also won't allow me to save the changes to local pc - see log. What I'm doing in this log is I've got boxee.tv loaded, I've then gone into the forums list, highlighted xbmc.org, pushed right to "forum settings" made some changes to description, colour, but logo wouldn't change, I then click ok, go into forums list & select xbmc.org, but none of the changes have stcuk, my login's carried over from a previous build of FB. here is a screenshot of my proposed changes obviously for testing only. On a side note this is what xbmc.org looked like after switching from boxee to xbmc.org, notice it still says boxee when it's actually xbmc.org see screenshot

but (Parser browser) - retrogamer, I set the login's , changed the image, description & colours, & saved to my local pc, & it worked, so I then offered it to the online database, & that too worked.

Xbmc4xbox - I tried every trick to get the forum setting window to pop up but couldn't see log

ruuk there are some really excellent features appearing lately in forum browser Nod nice one
Thanks for taking my above suggestions under consideration.

Could you tell me "NO!" one more time about a little digital clock (like the one in Navi-x) so it would be just above the version number & I promise I will never mention it again Blush

Did you find any time yet to look at torrentday ?.

Thanks sorry post is so long, I'm going for a lie down now Sleepy

John.
(2013-02-22, 18:36)hasselhof Wrote: There are two Xbmchubs in the online database.The screen shot is of my local list I added both to see what was going on.This is a couple of days old screenshot notice the version number is outdated Rofl
I guess I need to make sure to lowercase the name before adding it. Also it didn't detect and remove the WWW. for the same reason.
(2013-02-22, 18:36)hasselhof Wrote: Search online database gives Xbmc.org as one of the results every time regardless of what your searching.Is that expected ?.
That's because it must be listed as hidden. I have xbmc.org included in the addon, so if you delete it it just hides it. To re-add it I had it show in the list when adding from the ODB. That was fine before categories, but now it obviously has issues. I need to get rid of the built-in forum thing and just add the forum on first install, because I want xbmc.org to be available before the user knows what they're doing. Then the user can manage it normally. I don't know if that made sense, but in any case, I'll fix it Smile
(2013-02-22, 18:36)hasselhof Wrote: I can confirm that the short PM preview is working ok, but if you go in and read a PM, then come back to your list of PM's, they are presented in full again. This happens in "Sent" & "Inbox".(Only tested at Xbmc.org) not sure if that's your desired effect.
Intentional. While I don't want to get the full message for each pm while listing, I see no point in throwing out the whole message once it's been fetched.
(2013-02-22, 18:36)hasselhof Wrote: I've noticed that your repo is in the unofficial repo installer & on the wiki,
was it you ruuk who put it there.(have you had more repo downloads?)
I added it. I have no idea if downloads have increased of the repo. The current count is 2281.
You should also be able to view the count HERE.
(2013-02-22, 18:36)hasselhof Wrote: Forums setting dialog is a vast improvement, I really like it, what would be nice is if the focus stayed on the loaded forum in the forum list
ie if I,ve loaded a forum then I want to log in or log out for example then the loaded forum would still be focused in the list for quick acsses to the forum setting button. This is also true when adding a forum from the online database, it would be nice for it to drop back to the just added forum in the list instead of going back to the top of the list.
Added to the TODO
(2013-02-22, 18:36)hasselhof Wrote: I have found a couple of things that don't appear to be working for me regarding the forum browser settings dialog....
It's quite hard to explain so bare with...

1) eg the following forums are working ok but are just used as examples
andriodforums.com (Tapatalk),
bikeforums (Forum runner), &
whisky.com (Parser browser),
with one of these highlighted, I push right to "forum settings" & press ok, for a milli second I see a pop up then it disappears.
Strangely if I go back to one of the mentioned forums and turn on "manage notifications" so green light is on, then go back to
the "forum settings" button the pops up appears ok, this is so for all three forums, then...
if I turn the green manage notification light back off, the forum setting pop up still works ok. I don't think this is expected.
It's almost as if the green light validates the forum for some reason.

Here is a log using Boxee.tv as an example, what I'm doing in this log is highlighting boxee.tv then pressing right to "forum settings" & pressing ok on "forum settings" a few times, I see a pop up for a milli second. This log is when boxee.tv forum isn't loaded, but if it's loaded I get the same results just a milli second popup. Obviously I'm not logged in as the window doesn't appear.

2) Once in the "forums setting" pop up window (Using the "switch on green light method") Big Grin as mentioned above, where you can set login's etc I'm finding an issue with my changes not being saved to local machine.

for example (Forum runner) - bikeforums - won't allow me to change the logo in the pop up window, but it will allow me to change the description & colour in the pop up window but they are not being saved to local pc (not sure about login's as I'm not a member of bikeforums)

(Tapatalk) - Xbmc.org - also won't allow me to save the changes to local pc - see log. What I'm doing in this log is I've got boxee.tv loaded, I've then gone into the forums list, highlighted xbmc.org, pushed right to "forum settings" made some changes to description, colour, but logo wouldn't change, I then click ok, go into forums list & select xbmc.org, but none of the changes have stcuk, my login's carried over from a previous build of FB. here is a screenshot of my proposed changes obviously for testing only. On a side note this is what xbmc.org looked like after switching from boxee to xbmc.org, notice it still says boxee when it's actually xbmc.org see screenshot

but (Parser browser) - retrogamer, I set the login's , changed the image, description & colours, & saved to my local pc, & it worked, so I then offered it to the online database, & that too worked.

Xbmc4xbox - I tried every trick to get the forum setting window to pop up but couldn't see log
I've noticed some errors just a bit before I got your post with forums that had unset settings. I've fixed those, and I'll see if that fixes the other issues you've mentioned as I think it is at least partially related.
(2013-02-22, 18:36)hasselhof Wrote: Could you tell me "NO!" one more time about a little digital clock (like the one in Navi-x) so it would be just above the version number & I promise I will never mention it again Blush
Well, since you asked for a NO... naw, added to the TODO to check out how hard it would be. The main problem would be updating the time. What would be nice is if I can do it in the skin - if there is a control I can add that displays the time. If there is I will definitely do it.
(2013-02-22, 18:36)hasselhof Wrote: Did you find any time yet to look at torrentday ?.
I was doing that when I got your post. I've found some issues, but still haven't gotten it working yet (without the cookie).
Another 59 repo downloads since yesterday Shy
Version 1.2.7

Changes:

- Fixed handling of [size] tags
- ParserBrowser: Fix for finding login page on some forums
- ParserBrowser: Fix for handling gzipped resonses
- Added time to forums window
- Forums Manager now focuses on open to current forum and focuses to a forum that has just been added
- Forum Settings now updates the logo preview after selecting new logo
- When editing forum colors, the logo and starting color are now from the settings view rather than the forum's current color and logo
- When login details are first set on a forum, when exiting the Forums Manager FB will now login
- On the Forum Settings dialog, if a setting has been changed and you attempt to cancel or exit without clicking OK, it will ask if you want to discard changes
- Fix for [color] tags issue in message view
- Added activity splash when adding a forum or theme to the online database
- Now converts forum names to lower case when adding to prevent name conflicts

On my REPO.

(2013-02-23, 10:28)hasselhof Wrote: Another 59 repo downloads since yesterday Shy
Now at 2404 which is 123 more than when I first mentioned it. Oh no. They're going to find the bugs...

I think I have torrentday working now. Give it a try. I never got a captcha so we'll see how it goes with you Smile

I added the time as requested. It turned out to be easy. It updates itself.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5