• 45(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
Hi ruuk,

thanks for another update.

Torrentday is working great now, I can login & logout the Parser browser login fix is working ok. I was mistaken there is no captcha. I started from a fresh and deleted my cookie (well I think it was my cookie) was able to browse the forum with or without logging in. I was able to mod colour etc and update to the online database. Thanks for that.

The time feature is a great addition, I'm pleased it wasn't too difficult for you. I've often thought that FB needs a clock, as I don't have a clock in the main living room, and rarely wear a wrist watch. Thanks very much.

Repo downloads are flying out well over 180 since yesterday !

Size & colour tags look to be working fine.

I can confirm focus is on current forum in forum list, & the forum that has just been added from online database. Thanks.

Logo preview is working ok

When exiting forum manager after entering login details now auto logs in. Nice one.

Good call on the prompt to ask are you sure you want to discard any unsaved changes, works well !

New activity splashes mentioned working ok.

Not sure if your still aware but there are two entries of xbmchub & xbmc.org in the online database, viewable when using show all

What do you think about adding "edit category" to the forum settings along side colour etc ?.

Thanks again for another great update, look forward to your next release thanks
Hi ruuk

I've done a complete fresh install of FB on windows xp, FB v1.2.7, confluence

I can't click the forums button, ie the button seems to work, but nothing happens see log
(2013-02-24, 17:08)hasselhof Wrote: Good call on the prompt to ask are you sure you want to discard any unsaved changes, works well !
I kept closing the settings without saving on accident Smile
(2013-02-24, 17:08)hasselhof Wrote: Not sure if your still aware but there are two entries of xbmchub & xbmc.org in the online database, viewable when using show all
Yeah, I'll be fixing that soon.
(2013-02-24, 17:08)hasselhof Wrote: What do you think about adding "edit category" to the forum settings along side colour etc ?.
The category data isn't stored locally, it's on the ODB only. Any time you share the forum, it will ask you for the category.

(2013-02-25, 22:34)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk

I've done a complete fresh install of FB on windows xp, FB v1.2.7, confluence

I can't click the forums button, ie the button seems to work, but nothing happens see log
I see what's causing the error, just not why it's happening. I'll figure it out.
Version 1.2.8

Changes:

- Re-worked Forums Manager display to better show what's going on
- Added Post Attributes to forum settings for a per-forum preferred attributes display
- Fixed a bug causing forums manager to not open on a fresh install

On my REPO.

Quick update with the fix for the forums button not working.

hasselhof: Check out the changes in the Forums Manager and tell me what you think. I felt it was a little confusing where focus was and not obvious enough what was being edited, so I did some cosmetic changes that I hope make things more clear.
Also, in the Forum Settings, I added per forum configurable post attributes display items. One of the reasons I made the whole forum settings thing was so I could add per forum settings like that.
Hi ruuk

I'm of to bed in a moment, I've got another early start, but I will get back to you asap.

Test video Smile
(2013-02-25, 23:13)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.2.8

Changes:

- Re-worked Forums Manager display to better show what's going on
- Added Post Attributes to forum settings for a per-forum preferred attributes display
- Fixed a bug causing forums manager to not open on a fresh install

On my REPO.

Quick update with the fix for the forums button not working.

hasselhof: Check out the changes in the Forums Manager and tell me what you think. I felt it was a little confusing where focus was and not obvious enough what was being edited, so I did some cosmetic changes that I hope make things more clear.
Also, in the Forum Settings, I added per forum configurable post attributes display items. One of the reasons I made the whole forum settings thing was so I could add per forum settings like that.

Hi ruuk couldn't resist I gave v 1.2.8 a quick whirl & I must say that "you are the man" the forums menu you have created is something special I love the way the lights go out but stay on for the forum in question, it all looks so professional. The hidden menu really tidies the gui up no end. You should be very pleased with yourself. Havn't had chance to try the per forum attributes, or windows fix but will do soon
Thanks Big Grin
Hi ruuk

Tried a fresh install on windows, It worked ok I was able to set the logins ie the forums button worked ok, but a very similar problem happened upon restarting xbmc. When I restart xbmc with only the stock xbmc.org forum I get this message see screenshot, and see log
I've checked xbmc.org website to see if it was working which it was.

The stock xbmc.org forum, when setting logins, I noticed that this didn't have any description, logo, or colour in the preview window, is this the intention ?
(2013-02-26, 20:37)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk

Tried a fresh install on windows, It worked ok I was able to set the logins ie the forums button worked ok, but a very similar problem happened upon restarting xbmc. When I restart xbmc with only the stock xbmc.org forum I get this message see screenshot, and see log
I've checked xbmc.org website to see if it was working which it was.

The stock xbmc.org forum, when setting logins, I noticed that this didn't have any description, logo, or colour in the preview window, is this the intention ?
Not sure what's causing the error. I can't seem to duplicate it by removing my FB settings. I'll try a fresh install on my XP virtual machine and see if that helps.
What's really strange is that the lock icon is displaying, and SSL connections were removed long ago because they didn't work. The mechanism is still there to display the icon if SSL is on, but SSL can't turn on.
hasselhof: The no logo/description thing will be fixed in the next version (the changes I've already made fixing xbmc.org showing all the time will fix it)
I couldn't run XBMC in my virtual machine, so I renamed my .xbmc dir and did a fresh install of my repo and FB. I couldn't get the error you did. When I get the next version up, try again with that and if you if you are still getting the error, send be a log with debug logging on.
(2013-02-26, 22:14)ruuk Wrote: hasselhof: The no logo/description thing will be fixed in the next version (the changes I've already made fixing xbmc.org showing all the time will fix it)
I couldn't run XBMC in my virtual machine, so I renamed my .xbmc dir and did a fresh install of my repo and FB. I couldn't get the error you did. When I get the next version up, try again with that and if you if you are still getting the error, send be a log with debug logging on.

ok thanks
Version 1.2.9

Changes:

- Removed hidden forums concept. xbmc.org is now created automatically on first run from local copy
- Fix: Forums Manager now focuses on 'Add Forum' when forums list is empty
- Fix for notifications dialog skin (was broken due to changes to Forums Manager skin)
- Fix for Forums Manager color issues when a dialog is opened
- Forums Manager list and buttons no longer wrap left and right
- Added Forum Settings help for 'Post Attributes'
- Fix for opening Forums Manager after failed first forum open
- Tapatalk: Added the ability to like/unlike posts (where available - notably XBMCHub) via context menu

On my REPO.

hasselhof: If you got messages about me liking/unliking your posts on XBMCHub, now you know why Smile
(2013-02-26, 23:53)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.2.9

Changes:

- Removed hidden forums concept. xbmc.org is now created automatically on first run from local copy
- Fix: Forums Manager now focuses on 'Add Forum' when forums list is empty
- Fix for notifications dialog skin (was broken due to changes to Forums Manager skin)
- Fix for Forums Manager color issues when a dialog is opened
- Forums Manager list and buttons no longer wrap left and right
- Added Forum Settings help for 'Post Attributes'
- Fix for opening Forums Manager after failed first forum open
- Tapatalk: Added the ability to like/unlike posts (where available - notably XBMCHub) via context menu

On my REPO.

hasselhof: If you got messages about me liking/unliking your posts on XBMCHub, now you know why Smile

Did a complete fresh install of FB v1.2.9 on windows xp, confluence
Works a treat. the like & unlike works nicely.
I thought I was very popular when I saw 14 likes notifications at the hub Big Grin
Actually I have four real likes at the hub, but FB only shows one Confused
The per forum attributes working nicely tested at the hub.

Regarding my FB thread at the hub, the pictures within the thread are not viewable from right hidden menu, also the links from the left hidden menu give a "403" message see log & Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 Screenshot 3
All links and pictures mentioned above are working in a web browser.

Thanks for the update & reputation much appreciated .
(2013-02-27, 20:27)hasselhof Wrote: Actually I have four real likes at the hub, but FB only shows one Confused
Do you mean that it shows 4 likes in a browser but only 1 in FB? What post?
(2013-02-27, 20:27)hasselhof Wrote: Regarding my FB thread at the hub, the pictures within the thread are not viewable from right hidden menu, also the links from the left hidden menu give a "403" message see log & Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 Screenshot 3
All links and pictures mentioned above are working in a web browser.
The images are showing fine for me. I got the same error on the links and found a fix for it. Let me know after the next update if you still have the broken images. Mostly I want to see if it is a temporary thing.
(2013-02-28, 04:34)Benja1min Wrote: It is possible for an addon to define multiple skins for itself.Image Image

Hi Benja1min, I'm not 100% sure what you mean but if you check the settings there is another skin inside Forum browser called dark skin, which will require a Forum browser restart to activate once selected. What do you think of Forum browser ?. What version are you running ?.
Version 1.3.0

Changes:

- Tapatalk: Now converts HTML entities in posts - fixes some errors with links
- ParserBrowser: Fix causing errors on Python 2.6 and below when parsing posts
- Now requires WebViewer at 0.9.5 or above

On my REPO.

Fix for '403 Bad Behavior' errors when following links is in WebViewer. FB now requires that version of WebViewer, so it should be pulled automatically.

(2013-02-28, 04:34)Benja1min Wrote: Image Image

Interestingly, these show as broken links both in my browser and in tapatalk on my phone, but Forum Browser displays them. Weird.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5