• 64(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
Version 2.1.44

Changes:
- Added the ability to change to previous/next pages from the top/bottom of the list on threads and posts views
- Tapatalk: Stickys and announcements now only show on the first page of threads

On my REPO.

By the way, I've simplified my post signature. It's now just an image, and clicking on it brings you to a status page for my addons, with forum links and a link to my repo.
Version 2.1.45

Changes:
- Added 'Settings' to the settings button menu for all views
- Removed the 'Settings' button from main window on Sequel skin
- Added XML declarations to all XML files
- Fixed forums settings dialog in Sequel skin: now actually shows toggle indicator for relevant settings
- Sequel skin: Forum subscriptions no longer display 'Started By: FORUM'

On my REPO.

Settings that affect the current view should cause a refresh when changed.
Changing the skin on any view but the main view will require an FB restart to take effect.
(2013-12-16, 23:03)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.44

Changes:
- Added the ability to change to previous/next pages from the top/bottom of the list on threads and posts views
- Tapatalk: Stickys and announcements now only show on the first page of threads

On my REPO.

By the way, I've simplified my post signature. It's now just an image, and clicking on it brings you to a status page for my addons, with forum links and a link to my repo.

Hi ruuk, the next & previous buttons were exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

Subscriptions & stickies make sense just to have them on the first page

The setting button removal was a good idea, the main page is not looking so cluttered now, the new settings button is well placed, and works well.
I like your new signature page very professional.
Have you seen the new page for addons at xbmc.org -
Link.
Your page

You are number 7 in the 'Top Developers' chartsNod, see at the bottom of the page of the first link I posted above.

Check out the official thread
Hi ruuk , can't find anything wrong with this version, it's been working brilliantly. Thank you. Happy new year.
(2013-12-21, 16:34)hasselhof Wrote: I like your new signature page very professional.
Link.
Your page

You are number 7 in the 'Top Developers' chartsNod, see at the bottom of the page of the first link I posted above.

Thanks for pointing that out. I already knew about the new page, but I could just as well have missed it.
If you'll notice, I'm actually tied for number 6 Smile
I've got a new addon I've been working on that will break the tie Smile (let's pretend that has nothing to do with why I created the addon)
It's called Blu-ray.com and it's on my repo under Programs if you want to check it out. I just had an idea that it might be cool to do an addon for the site, started testing some things out, and then I got locked into to hyper dev mode.
One nice thing about the addon (apart from the reviews and such with the 1080p screenshots) is that I was able to scan my blu-ray collection in with my Android phone, and now I can browse the list on my TV.
(2013-12-31, 08:10)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk , can't find anything wrong with this version, it's been working brilliantly. Thank you. Happy new year.
As soon as I stop messing with the Blu-ray.com addon, I'll put some work into FB. I've made it so that if skin mods are off, FB tries to make a guess about which fonts to use so it doesn't look so terrible on skins other than Confluence. Part of the reason for this is that I don't really think that modifying XBMC xml files directly is something they want in the official repo, so I'm going to take the 'Recommended' install stuff at the beginning. it will still be there (and recommended) but not shoved down your throat as it is now Smile. After that I'll push it to the official repo, and then I can start adding some new stuff again.
(2014-01-01, 03:38)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-12-21, 16:34)hasselhof Wrote: I like your new signature page very professional.
Link.
Your page

Thanks for pointing that out. I already knew about the new page, but I could just as well have missed it.
If you'll notice, I'm actually tied for number 6 Smile
I've got a new addon I've been working on that will break the tie Smile (let's pretend that has nothing to do with why I created the addon)
It's called Blu-ray.com and it's on my repo under Programs if you want to check it out. I just had an idea that it might be cool to do an addon for the site, started testing some things out, and then I got locked into to hyper dev mode.
One nice thing about the addon (apart from the reviews and such with the 1080p screenshots) is that I was able to scan my blu-ray collection in with my Android phone, and now I can browse the list on my TV.
(2013-12-21, 16:34)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk , can't find anything wrong with this version, it's been working brilliantly. Thank you. Happy new year.
As soon as I stop messing with the Blu-ray.com addon, I'll put some work into FB. I've made it so that if skin mods are off, FB tries to make a guess about which fonts to use so it doesn't look so terrible on skins other than Confluence. Part of the reason for this is that I don't really think that modifying XBMC xml files directly is something they want in the official repo, so I'm going to take the 'Recommended' install stuff at the beginning. it will still be there (and recommended) but not shoved down your throat as it is now Smile. After that I'll push it to the official repo, and then I can start adding some new stuff again.

Your Blu-ray.com addon looks very nice, it must have taken you some time as the actual website looks very busy. I did a search for a DVD via your addon using United Kingdom and got a price and when I checked the price on Amazon.co.uk It was within a few pennies of the price, very impressive. Having tried it I don't think it would be of use to me, but it's very good all the same. It's got quite a few references to Forum Browser, ie horizontal presentation of the dvd's which look like the threads & posts in FB, the spinning wheel of death, and the colouring. The high def dvd covers & screenshots are very cool. Nice one ruuk, hopefully you can claim position six in the list.

'Recommended' install stuff at the beginning of FB install sounds like a good plan, I'll wait for next update. Thanks.
I just started an irc channel for live support of my addons: #ruuk on freenode

Let's see how long it takes me to regret doing this Smile
Version 2.1.46

Changes:
- When not using skin modifications, now attempts to use XBMC skin fonts of equivalent size
- Now uses external Password Storage

On my REPO.

Forum Browser now uses my new Password Storage module addon. Testing would be much appreciated especially on OSX, iOS and raspberry Pi as I don't have any way to test those systems (well I have OSX 10.6.3 running in VirtualBox, but a newer version on a real system would be nice).
Version 2.1.47

Changes:
- Removed encryption settings, as password storage has been moved to the password storage module
- Fixed quote formatting for MyBB forums - notably forum.xbmc.org
- Removed inital dialogs for skin mods
- Moved skin mods settings to section 'Skin Mods'
- Added setting button 'Font Installation' which installs/removed the FB font
- Changed the setting 'Change Keyboard' to 'Install/Change Keyboard'
- Moved and modified inital mod info to the settings 'Help' button in the 'Skin Mods' section
- Added a 'First Run' dialog with a short intro and recommendation to install the mods from settings

On my REPO.
Version 2.1.48

Changes:
- Fix for post links opening the wrong link when video is in the post
- Added support for YouTube channels as forums

On my REPO.

I was thinking that it would be nice to actually view the video descriptions and comments for YouTube videos. This lead me to the thought that YouTube is structured a lot like a forum. Then I went crazy and added YouTube support to Forum Browser Smile

Basically you add YouTube channels in the same way you add a forum. When you view the channel you will get a list of the playlists in that channel (forums), including the uploads list which contains all the videos. Clicking on a list brings the list of videos (threads), and clicking on a video will bring up the description and comments in a thread much like a forum post with replies. The video will be the first video in the description post.

There is probably some bugs, but it works pretty will so far.
Hi Ruuk, thanks for the updates.

I'm getting a window popup each time I restart XBMC before starting Forum Browser saying "enter password to unlock the encrpted keyring"
see Picture
and Log
I think it appeared at V2.1.46. On first press of V2.1.46 from memory It asked me to create a password and confirm password then it went away, but it keeps popping up on each reboot while both V2.1.47 & V2.1.48 are installed

I'm running XBMCbuntu V12.2, Aeon Nox skin, V2.1.48 of Forum Browser.

I like the Youtube addition, you have made a good job of it, but for a long while now, I think I mentioned it that my Youtube links via Forum Browser wont play.
I added "RomanAtwood" channel (Comedy/Pranks) and played a video located at RomanAtwoods original pranks/Epic Purse Prank!!/first video link. FORUMBROWSER: Video ID: xhAcq9yB1fQ but as expected it locked up XBMC, giving me the only option to hard boot. The stand alone Youtube addon plays this video ok, but as I say it's on all links in Forum Browser pointing to Youtube videos. The above log also shows me playing said video right at the end of the log, but I don't think it will help you.
(2014-02-17, 23:44)hasselhof Wrote: Hi Ruuk, thanks for the updates.

I'm getting a window popup each time I restart XBMC before starting Forum Browser saying "enter password to unlock the encrpted keyring"
see Picture
and Log
I think it appeared at V2.1.46. On first press of V2.1.46 from memory It asked me to create a password and confirm password then it went away, but it keeps popping up on each reboot while both V2.1.47 & V2.1.48 are installed

I like the Youtube addition, you have made a good job of it, but for a long while now, I think I mentioned it that my Youtube links via Forum Browser wont play.
I added "RomanAtwood" channel (Comedy/Pranks) and played a video located at RomanAtwoods original pranks/Epic Purse Prank!!/first video link. FORUMBROWSER: Video ID: xhAcq9yB1fQ but as expected it locked up XBMC, giving me the only option to hard boot. The stand alone Youtube addon plays this video ok, but as I say it's on all links in Forum Browser pointing to Youtube videos. The above log also shows me playing said video right at the end of the log, but I don't think it will help you.

Since there is no keyring on your system, it uses the internal keyring. This requires unlocking for each new session of XBMC (it only asks on startup because you must have some FB notifications going). If you want to get around this, run the 'Password Storage' addon from the programs menu. Click 'Keyring Options' and then you can store the key to disk. This will actually store a random key to disk and encrypt the passwords with that. This is less secure but you won't be asked for a password anymore.

As far as the crashing issue, I played the same video fine. I have the same YouTube version as you and the same CommonFunctions version, so I don't know what's up.

Could it possibly be a low memory issue? Since it plays fine in YouTube normally, the only difference I see is that Forum Browser is also open, therefore more memory is in use. Obviously if you have 8gigs of ram that's not the issue Smile

I'll have to try XBMCbuntu out and see if I get the same problem. I can add that to my list of testing systems which now also includes virtual machines with OSX and OpenElec Smile
Crashes are the worst because there is generally nothing in the log to show what happened Tongue

By the way, I was already pretty sure you tested this, because of this data in my google API console Smile

3.67k 96.02% US
152 3.98% GB <-- hasselhof
(2014-02-18, 00:08)ruuk Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 23:44)hasselhof Wrote: Hi Ruuk, thanks for the updates.

see Picture
and Log

Since there is no keyring on your system, it uses the internal keyring. This requires unlocking for each new session of XBMC (it only asks on startup because you must have some FB notifications going). If you want to get around this, run the 'Password Storage' addon from the programs menu. Click 'Keyring Options' and then you can store the key to disk. This will actually store a random key to disk and encrypt the passwords with that. This is less secure but you won't be asked for a password anymore.

As far as the crashing issue, I played the same video fine. I have the same YouTube version as you and the same CommonFunctions version, so I don't know what's up.

Could it possibly be a low memory issue? Since it plays fine in YouTube normally, the only difference I see is that Forum Browser is also open, therefore more memory is in use. Obviously if you have 8gigs of ram that's not the issue Smile

I'll have to try XBMCbuntu out and see if I get the same problem. I can add that to my list of testing systems which now also includes virtual machines with OSX and OpenElec Smile
Crashes are the worst because there is generally nothing in the log to show what happened Tongue

By the way, I was already pretty sure you tested this, because of this data in my google API console Smile

3.67k 96.02% US
152 3.98% GB <-- hasselhof
Added password to password program addon, now all ok thanks
Hi ruuk i've done a complete uninstall forum browser and all modules and reinstalled forum browser and all of its models but web viewer doesn't seem to download. I get forum browser and password storage but no web viewer
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5