• 7(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
NobodyHere Wrote:I'm using a router for my main PC's internet access, but it's not the source. I have an USB 3G modem running on another Windows PC. From there, I have it set up with internet connection sharing (ICS) running to a wireless router. No firewall on the ICS Windows PC, or my primary Linux one.

None of the computers, or devices, in the house I've tested with the plugin work. They all have the same problem.

OSes tested -> XP32, Vista32, Vista64, Seven32, Linux64, iPod Touch 4.x, XBMC4Xbox 3.0.x.

Let me know if I'm following you correctly.

USB 3G modem->Windows PC->ICS->Wireless Router->All other devices

If this is the case, and you've tested on the Windows PC that is sharing via ICS and have the same issue, then the problem would seem to be at the 3G modem or the ISP level.

Or is your main PC on a different router entirely? If so the problem would seem to be at the ISP level.

In any case, we're just accessing web pages via http, and you are getting the forum listings.

Does your ISP use a proxy server?
What country do you live in?

Could you, from a web browser, save the source of this page and post that to pastebin? I was just thinking that perhaps your pages are being modified in some way that makes the parsing fail.

I'm still operating on the assumption that the issue (at least not fundamentally) is not with the addon, since you are the only one with the issue.
Also, just to verify, what version of the Addon are you using.
Apparently in the next few weeks they will be upgrading the forums. This means more work for ruuk. Sad Anyway, this is just a heads up that browsing these forums with Forum Browser will break until I can re-work it for the new setup. Uhg. Smile
Hi Ruuk

Thanks for fixing, it's working a treat.CoolBig Grin

Seems a little quickerNod
Quote:Does your ISP use a proxy server?
What country do you live in?

Could you, from a web browser, save the source of this page and post that to pastebin? I was just thinking that perhaps your pages are being modified in some way that makes the parsing fail.

1. Not that I know of. It's a cellular service.

2. The US.

3. I'm unsure what it'll do as the page works in any browser tested, and that's even those launched from the Advanced Launcher plugin from a minimal install Linux XBMC.
http://pastebin.com/CY6kdRXG
NobodyHere Wrote:3. I'm unsure what it'll do as the page works in any browser tested

I don't think there is anything wrong with the page, I just want to check to see if the page source you get is different than the page source I get.

For instance, the source is different when I view it in Firefox than when it is downloaded in the addon. A very small difference could be causing the problems. Probably that isn't the problem, but it's worth a look to rule it out.

Also, the other question I had was: are all your devices ultimately getting internet through the cellular?
Quote:Also, the other question I had was: are all your devices ultimately getting internet through the cellular?
Sorry, and yes. My only option is to run it through a PC to my router's modem port, or at least until the dd-wrt project adds 3g modem support to the usb port on it.
Hi Ruuk

It appears that both xbmc.org forum & xbmchub's forum have recently been modified.
Could you have a quick look see at what is going on? No rush only when you get time
Thank you
John.Big Grin
(2012-03-22, 19:19)hasselhof Wrote: Hi Ruuk

It appears that both xbmc.org forum & xbmchub's forum have recently been modified.
Could you have a quick look see at what is going on? No rush only when you get time
Thank you
John.Big Grin

Yeah, I was aware that the xbmc.org forum had changed and I was waiting for an announcement on the main site before I did any work. I just now noticed that they posted 10 days ago on twitter that the forum was back, so I guess that means that all is settled. I think the new forum software may have an api to work with so I need to find if that is the case because that would be a preferable way to interface with the forum instead of the current scraping situation.
In any case, it's in my plans to work on it as soon as I can.
As for the xbmchub forum, that is less of a priority for me. I will get to it when I can. Hopefully I can find a stable setup assuming it is just a minor issue that is causing it to fail. If I have to keep fixing it regularly I will soon lose interest in maintaining it as I don't even use that forum myself Smile
Thanks mate.
Work on getting the XBMC fourms working again is going well. I've got viewing forums, thread and posts basically working so far.

I'm using the new forum's Tapatalk api interface, the upshot of which is that with little effort, the thousands of forums that provide the Tapatalk api will also be viewable with Forum Browser.

Also, using an api instead of scraping will be a much more stable solution.
(2012-03-27, 01:52)ruuk Wrote: Work on getting the XBMC fourms working again is going well. I've got viewing forums, thread and posts basically working so far.

I'm using the new forum's Tapatalk api interface, the upshot of which is that with little effort, the thousands of forums that provide the Tapatalk api will also be viewable with Forum Browser.

Nice, waiting patientlySmile

This is a test post with Forum Browser. If you see this it worked Smile
(2012-03-27, 08:50)jolid Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 01:52)ruuk Wrote: Work on getting the XBMC fourms working again is going well. I've got viewing forums, thread and posts basically working so far.

Nice, waiting patientlySmile

This is a test of posting from Forum Browser with a quote.
New version 0.9.0

Finally forum.xbmc.org is now working again.
You can now add Tapatalk enabled forums, which according to their site there are about 31038 available. Quite a jump from the 5 Forum Browser could previously handle Smile

The previously available forum.xbmchub.com and forum.dvhk.pl are known to be only partially working. Somebody tell them to install the Tapatalk plugin Smile

There are plenty of things still to do (like deleting a forum after you have added it and a better interface for managing forums) so I'll be working on that as soon as I can.

Changes:

Added the ability to access Tapatalk enabled forums
Added 'Add Tapatalk Enabled Forum' to settings menu
Cosmetic changes to the posts view
Small fixes here and there
Added the ign.com forum - I just needed a random forum to test Smile

Get it here:

http://forumbrowserxbmc.googlecode.com/f...-0.9.0.zip

Added some forum management and fixed some bugs that I had added Smile

Changes:

Added ability to delete added forums
Added the ablity to add/remove forums from favorites (favorites will be at the top of the list)
Fixed the settings menu
Fixed the ign.com forum def

Get it here:

http://forumbrowserxbmc.googlecode.com/f...-0.9.1.zip

Some feedback on how it's working would be nice because I'd like to submit this to the repo.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5