• 12(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
(2012-04-11, 20:48)hasselhof Wrote: But there was a problem with the xbmc4xbox loggin though, I set me loggins,for xbmc4xbox then changed forum to xbmc4xbox and got
an error message that showed up 4 times on the trot I had to keep clicking ok.
When I added the reason messages for failed logins I made a new error for non-tapatalk forums. It's fixed now and will be in the next version.
(2012-04-11, 20:48)hasselhof Wrote: the new web viewer v0.86 didn't show still the v0.8.2 , but maybe we will have to wait a while before it shows on the official repo
Yup, you'll have to wait Smile
(2012-04-11, 20:48)hasselhof Wrote: I liked the notifications next to everyones avatar , I could see you were reviewing my reputaion, and later I could see you were looking at your subscriptions,.While I was looking at this thread from inside forum browser addon it said that I was in tapatalk forum ?.
When you are browsing from any tapatalk enabled device, it just shows 'In Tapatalk'. Everything it shows there is because of either the plugin or the forum software. I don't have any control over it. Maybe future versions of their plugin will show more info.

Version 0.9.15

Just a small bugfix.

Changes:
- Fixed link finding in posts for link list
- Fixed a bug for non-tapatalk forums that was added in the last version

Get it here:

http://forumbrowserxbmc.googlecode.com/f...0.9.15.zip
I've created a repository for my addons. It only contains Forum Browser and WebViewer at the moment. If someone would like to test it for me that would be great.

Get it here:

http://ruuks-repo.googlecode.com/files/r...-1.0.0.zip
Ruuk, Your repository works just fine. It updated both froum browser and web viewer for me.
However I am having a problem with forum browser. In both versions 0.9.14 and 0.9.15 when trying to connect to forum.xbmc.org, I get the error:

"Error getting forums,
Please try again
Bad Page Data"

I try several times and always the same error, but when I change to any of the other saved forums they connect. But haven't tested the other forums farther then connecting to them.

When I revert to 0.9.6, I do not receive the error and I can connect successfully.

Here is my xbmc.log while using 0.9.15

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1473
Version 0.9.16

Changes:
- Fixed a bug in the code for handling older python versions in xmlrpclib
- Fixed a bug when forums failed to get data

On my REPO.

Thanks friedfarmer for finding that. It was a dumb bug where I had actions reversed on an if statement. This should fix it. Please let me know how it goes.
(2012-04-12, 16:36)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.16

Changes:
- Fixed a bug in the code for handling older python versions in xmlrpclib
- Fixed a bug when forums failed to get data

On my REPO.

Thanks friedfarmer for finding that. It was a dumb bug where I had actions reversed on an if statement. This should fix it. Please let me know how it goes.

Hello ruuk, upgraded to 0.9.16
Still not able to connect to forum.xbmc.org, same message occurs.
Here is log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1477
Version 0.9.17

Changes:
- Carried logged in indicator through to all views
- Fixed another bug in the code for handling older python versions in xmlrpclib

On my REPO.

Thanks friedfarmer for finding for getting back on this. This was another bug dealing with the older verison of python shipping with XBMC for windows. This should fix it. Please let me know how it goes.
Do other people see my signature in my posts? I can't, even if I log out.
Ok, version 0.9.17 seems to have fixed it. Can get all the way to posts.
Thanks!

I do notice one more problem though with the xbmchub.com forum.
It connects fine and drills down the categories and sub-categories fine but when selecting down to the posts, the usernames show fine but when selecting the posts they all show the word "ERROR" int their message post box.
This only happens on the xbmchub.com forum and has the same problem when using version 0.9.6

I only use 3 forums with your plugin. xbmc.org (works now), boxeetv (works), xbmchub (problem described above).

I can send log after selecting just xbmchub drilled down to posts if you wish.

(2012-04-12, 17:57)friedfarmer Wrote: Ok, version 0.9.17 seems to have fixed it. Can get all the way to posts.
Thanks!

I do notice one more problem though with the xbmchub.com forum.
It connects fine and drills down the categories and sub-categories fine but when selecting down to the posts, the usernames show fine but when selecting the posts they all show the word "ERROR" int their message post box.
This only happens on the xbmchub.com forum and has the same problem when using version 0.9.6

I only use 3 forums with your plugin. xbmc.org (works now), boxeetv (works), xbmchub (problem described above).

I can send log after selecting just xbmchub drilled down to posts if you wish.

Thanks for testing this. I've been waiting to find out if my fixes for the windows python version worked and it looks like it's finally there with the new changes.

The problem with xbmchub.com is known. All of the included forums (except for xbmc.org's) do not use the tapatalk plugin and instead are scraped from the web pages. That means that whenever something changes on one of those sites, Forum Browser will likely stop working correctly with them. The best thing you can do is encourage those forums to install the Tapatalk plugin which allows users to browse their forums from their mobile phones with the Tapatalk apps (and which I've taken advantage of with Forum Browser).
I only update the scraping definitions for the other forums when I'm in the mood for long and frustrating trial and error sessions Smile
(2012-04-12, 17:55)ruuk Wrote: Do other people see my signature in my posts? I can't, even if I log out.

signature doesn't show and number of posts always shows 0

and thanks for answering the xbmchub question....
hi ruuk
I also can confirm that your repo works a treat it pulls web viewer v0.8.6 and also now the install notification icon now shows as well
I have tried to make it error but so far have failed to do so
I notice the green logged in light has been carried to all screens which is cool
I've also managed to log into xbmc4xbox and the icon came on green straight away, I was then able to make a post ok, but notice that the green logged in icon next to my avatar area was black yet I was logged in with the icon at the top- rightside
This is a post from within forum browser with me typing half with a keyboard and half with my remote which is working really well
I will be able to do alot more testing over the weekend, and maybe get some more forums into the database

also I dont see your signiture on your posts either
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/xbmc.log
here is the log, you will see some errors at the start but I set my loggin data wrong,I was also able to edit post from within forum browser no problems
(2012-04-12, 19:24)hasselhof Wrote: hi ruuk
I also can confirm that your repo works a treat it pulls web viewer v0.8.6 and also now the install notification icon now shows as well
I have tried to make it error but so far have failed to do so
I notice the green logged in light has been carried to all screens which is cool
I've also managed to log into xbmc4xbox and the icon came on green straight away, I was then able to make a post ok, but notice that the green logged in icon next to my avatar area was black yet I was logged in with the icon at the top- rightside
This is a post from within forum browser with me typing half with a keyboard and half with my remote which is working really well
I will be able to do alot more testing over the weekend, and maybe get some more forums into the database
Thanks again for testing Smile

The non-tapatalk forums are going to behave differently. Right now for those forums, once you successfully log in, Forum browser just says your logged in from then on. There is no easy way to check if you remain logged in. I might do some checking to see if there is anything I can do to keep the session persistent if it's not. In any case, the addon will log you in automatically if it needs to do something that requires it.
(2012-04-12, 19:24)hasselhof Wrote: also I dont see your signiture on your posts either
Yeah, I went to report it and saw that other users are having the same problem.

Version 0.9.18

Changes:
- Removed red highliting of name for posts by user - and instead darkened the background of the post

On my REPO.

btw, all my addons are on my repo now, for anyone who cares Smile
Just got your update from your repo, the removal of the red name and darkened background is much better Smile
The repo is running smoothly
(2012-04-12, 21:42)hasselhof Wrote: Just got your update from your repo, the removal of the red name and darkened background is much better Smile

quote test

(2012-04-12, 21:42)hasselhof Wrote: Just got your update from your repo, the removal of the red name and darkened background is much better Smile

test

edit test

double edit testing

• 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5