• 15(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
(2012-04-18, 02:32)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.25

Changes:
- Fixed posting from fullscreen message view
- Added ability to save images in posts (on context menu)
- Added option to ask if you really want to quit
- Clear bold (unread) from threads when clicked (Also darkened read threads in the dark skin because, at least on my screen, the difference was slight)

On my REPO.

test fullscreen quote

(2012-04-18, 19:30)hasselhof Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 02:32)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.25

Changes:
- Fixed posting from fullscreen message view
- Added ability to save images in posts (on context menu)
- Added option to ask if you really want to quit
- Clear bold (unread) from threads when clicked (Also darkened read threads in the dark skin because, at least on my screen, the difference was slight)

On my REPO.

test fullscreen quote

worked on fullscreen quoting but had to go back to forum view and back to thread view to see the next fullscreen quoted post
(2012-04-18, 19:30)hasselhof Wrote: worked on fullscreen quoting but had to go back to forum view and back to thread view to see the next fullscreen quoted post

Gotcha. Looking at it now.
(2012-04-18, 19:43)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 19:30)hasselhof Wrote: worked on fullscreen quoting but had to go back to forum view and back to thread view to see the next fullscreen quoted post

Gotcha. Looking at it now.

Test
Hi ruuk

also the confirm on exit setting works fine if I press exit on the keyboard, but if I press back on my remote to exit, it just comes out of forum browser to my list of installed addons with no confirmation question.Smile

Also the darkened areas you have done are too dark to read the writing within from a distance on my TV, actually the screen shots up close don't look as bad as sitting quite away from the TV

The download option works perfectly Cool

I haven't finished testing yet I will give debug log

I'm also getting a list together of possible todo itemsBig Grin

Screen shots http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/

thanks for nowNod

John.
(2012-04-18, 21:19)hasselhof Wrote: also the confirm on exit setting works fine if I press exit on the keyboard, but if I press back on my remote to exit, it just comes out of forum browser to my list of installed addons with no confirmation question.Smile
I'll look at that.
(2012-04-18, 21:19)hasselhof Wrote: Also the darkened areas you have done are too dark to read the writing within from a distance on my TV, actually the screen shots up close don't look as bad as sitting quite away from the TV
Yeah, the text there should be white like on the forums window. I just forgot to change it when I re-did the skin and I don't notice it as much because I generally see it on my monitor.

(2012-04-18, 21:28)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 21:19)hasselhof Wrote: also the confirm on exit setting works fine if I press exit on the keyboard, but if I press back on my remote to exit, it just comes out of forum browser to my list of installed addons with no confirmation question.Smile
I'll look at that.
(2012-04-18, 21:19)hasselhof Wrote: Also the darkened areas you have done are too dark to read the writing within from a distance on my TV, actually the screen shots up close don't look as bad as sitting quite away from the TV
Yeah, the text there should be white like on the forums window. I just forgot to change it when I re-did the skin and I don't notice it as much because I generally see it on my monitor.

test fullscreen edit test

Version 0.9.26

Changes:
- Handling for nested quotes
- Quotes are now colored
- Selected thread text fixed to white in light skin
- Lightened unread thread text slightly in dark skin
- Fixed (I hope) responding to remote back button (for asking to exit)

On my REPO.
(2012-04-18, 23:53)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.26

Changes:
- Quotes are now colored

On my REPO.

test

Hi ruuk

Had a good old test, and it's really quite quick to navigate between all the forums, threads and posts, and quick to change between the different installed forums it will impress when it's in the main repo.

Some things i've noticed

The bold unread posts work properly now, so when going into a bold thread, looking at posts, and coming back out to threads, the threads are no longer bold.Big Grin
The bold feature looks like it's only active in the XBMC.org forum, i've tried Boxee etc and didn't see any bold threads.

Boxee is not showing post numbers only a zero for every post

vw vortex forum is not showing full screen posts

It might be an idea to have all the bells and whistle on the xbmc.org forum and the basics on the other forums as there seems to be little niggles appearing on various other forums, what do you think.

disregard any that you see fit to add to your TO DO list, or any that just won't work or have been disregarded already or you have already listed.

Adjustable text size
signature
reputation maybe with future tapatalk plugin update
confirmation dialogs for add to favs/remove from favs,
confirmation dialogs for forum added to local m/c,forum removed from local m/c
option to add a forum to online database once happy with it,
Subscribe/unsubscribe at forum/thread level
smiley faces
view video links?
fanart
forum browser user guide?
option maybe to open forum browser straight on your subscriptions page/list

New update
backing out of forum browser now works with back button on remoteBig Grin
Darkened areas are now white text,much more visable Big Grin
Quotes are different color, blue, but only at thread level not on full screen post

thanks for new updateWink

I'm off to bed now

atb

John

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/

from atv2 test
(2012-04-18, 23:56)hasselhof Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 23:53)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.26

Changes:
- Quotes are now colored

On my REPO.

test

Hi ruuk

Had a good old test, and it's really quite quick to navigate between all the forums, threads and posts, and quick to change between the different installed forums it will impress when it's in the main repo.

Some things i've noticed

The bold unread posts work properly now, so when going into a bold thread, looking at posts, and coming back out to threads, the threads are no longer bold.Big Grin
The bold feature looks like it's only active in the XBMC.org forum, i've tried Boxee etc and didn't see any bold threads.

vw vortex forum is not showing full screen posts

It might be an idea to have all the bells and whistle on the xbmc.org forum and the basics on the other forums as there seems to be little niggles appearing on various other forums, what do you think.

disregard any that you see fit to add to your TO DO list, or any that just won't work or have been disregarded already or you have already listed.

Adjustable text size
signature
confirmation dialogs for add to favs/remove from favs,
option to add a forum to online database once happy with it,
Subscribe/unsubscribe at forum/thread level
smiley faces
view video links?
fanart
forum browser user guide?

New update
backing out of forum browser now works with back button on remoteBig Grin
Darkened areas are now white text,much more visable Big Grin
Quotes are different color, blue, but only at thread level not on full screen post

thanks for new updateWink

I'm off to bed now

atb

John

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/

hi ruuk
the quotes do show up blue on full screen posts sorry
(2012-04-19, 18:38)hasselhof Wrote: The bold feature looks like it's only active in the XBMC.org forum, i've tried Boxee etc and didn't see any bold threads.
To add all the details for the scraped forums I have to change the filters for each forum individually. Some things I may add in, others I may never add because the effort is not worth the return. Also, if the forum changes in the future, I have to fix it, and the more data I'm trying to scrape out, the more complicated and time consuming it is to keep up. But I should make the posts display not be visible instead of saying 'Posts: 0'. Anything of that nature with the scraped forums that you notice please let me know about, or any outright errors. For the rest I'm generally aware that there is less functionality for those forums.
(2012-04-19, 18:38)hasselhof Wrote: vw vortex forum is not showing full screen posts
I'll look at that.
(2012-04-19, 18:38)hasselhof Wrote: It might be an idea to have all the bells and whistle on the xbmc.org forum and the basics on the other forums as there seems to be little niggles appearing on various other forums, what do you think.
I do try to concentrate on the xbmc.org forum primarily. With it being tapatalk, that mostly filters down to all the other taptalk forums (MyBB forums even more so)
(2012-04-19, 18:38)hasselhof Wrote: Quotes are different color, blue, but only at thread level not on full screen post
the quotes do show up blue on full screen posts sorry
Well, it's possible that some work and some don't, specifically when dealing with the users own posts vs others. I can get more data for the users own posts, but it's formatted a little differently. I think I can get it to work a little better all around by using a slightly different method, we'll see.

Thanks for the list, it's very helpful. I added everything on it to my TODO list (some things I had already added after I posted the last list)
Everything on there is either possible in some form or may be possible in the future. All of them are ideas that I think other users would find useful/helpful (or I wouldn't add them Smile ).

btw, you can disable debug logging. I think unless there's a lower level problem that's not causing actual errors, they are actually making the logs harder to read by filling them up with unnecessary data. I think we can just turn it on as needed.
Version 0.9.27

Changes:
- Passwords are now stored encrypted
- Added unsubscribe from thread to context menu (now both subscribe and unsubscribe show in the context menu on the threads list and replies window)
- Added secure icon for SSL connections
- Added fallback to normal HTTP for forumrunner when SSL fails
- Quotes within a quote are now green

On my REPO.

The first time you start this new version it will encrypt all saved passwords. For better security there is an option to set an encryption key file and the addon will use the contents of that file as the key for encryption, otherwise it uses a combination of forum username, xbmc username and system login username or the key. The default uses both AES and Triple DES encryption.
This method is only secure as long as no one knows the key data. It's about the best I can do in XBMC as far as I know, other than asking for a key to unlock the password, which negates the benefits of storing a password in the first place.

If anyone has any problems connecting to a Tapatalk forum with SSL turned on, please let me know. I need to know the error that generates so It can drop back to normal HTTP on that error. Some forums might not support SSL connections, but all the Tapatalk ones I've tested so far do.

My current TODO list:
Code:
Before main repo submission:
  Forum Subscriptions / Subscribe/Unsubscribe forums
  Add join date to posts
  Help window (forum browser user guide)
  confirmation dialogs for add to favs/remove from favs
  option to add a forum to online database once happy with it
  smiley faces
  view video links
  fanart
Bugs:
  vw vortex forum is not showing full screen post (permissions issues) - Need to check and handle forums/threads/posts that need some sort of permission to view

After main repo submission:
  Improve the database and database management
  Fallback to non SSL on SSL fail on tapatalk?
  Adjustable text size
  signature maybe with future tapatalk plugin update
  Logo url from field in forum config data?
Smiley Test:

Angel
Smile
Love
Cool
Devil
Wink

Version 0.9.28

Changes:
- Fix bug when trying to view posts from other users on some forums (ie vwvortex)
- Handle smilies
- Changed preview color on post editor to white/black for better visibility
- Dialogs on add/remove favorites
- Dialogs on add/remove forum
- Dialogs on set/clear logins
- Fixed some bugs when clearing passwords
- Added option to add a current forum to online database
- Fixed bug when adding forum with full URL
- Added fanart.jpg (Just whipped this up. If someone wants to, please create something that is actually good Smile )
- Added option to automatically open thread subscriptions window
- Added join date to posts view
- Added post numbers to full screen message view
- Hide post counts when no count available

On my REPO.
(2012-04-20, 19:24)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.28

Changes:
- Fix bug when trying to view posts from other users on some forums (ie vwvortex)
- Handle smilies
- Changed preview color on post editor to white/black for better visibility
- Dialogs on add/remove favorites
- Dialogs on add/remove forum
- Dialogs on set/clear logins
- Fixed some bugs when clearing passwords
- Added option to add a current forum to online database
- Fixed bug when adding forum with full URL
- Added fanart.jpg (Just whipped this up. If someone wants to, please create something that is actually good Smile )
- Added option to automatically open thread subscriptions window
- Added join date to posts view
- Added post numbers to full screen message view
- Hide post counts when no count available

On my REPO.

Sad Ruuk the smilies don't seem to be working for me Sad
Could you be more specific? What are you getting?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5